MM2 general macro flow?

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Exempt

MM2 general macro flow?

#1 Post by Exempt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm not sure what exactly I would call this but when it comes to coding a script in MM2 what was your thought on how this should be done? I was thinking of using states in main to determine what I'd be doing with the incoming events but is this what you had intended? I'm coding a very simple color detection bot that I will just manually setup the colors and locations to check things while in game by pressing a hotkey. More or less I'd log into the game load the script then press "v" to select health bar location, then press "v" again to select the next important location then after that little setup I would just use a pause and un-pause key like the end key or something. Using a state driven logic main seems the easiest way to do this but I'm still curious of what you had intended for the updated MM2.

BlubBlab

Re: MM2 general macro flow?

#2 Post by BlubBlab » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:13 am

Using states is the way it is intended. There are also 2 mini frameworks from me and admin to handle those tasks
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: MM2 general macro flow?

#3 Post by Administrator » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:58 am

Indeed, an event-driven design is recommended. Things still aren't complete and I'm occasionally putting up new ideas. I've moved a few threads into the tutorial section that you can either use or get some ideas from. A lot of the "good stuff" is hidden away inside a really long, disorganized thread where I basically can't decide on how to ever do things so most of the code I posted there is irrelevant anyways, so I didn't move that over.

Ideally, you want to group your various states into classes, and call into them as needed (ie. in that specific state). I still do not have any recommended way or code to give as a framework. It is a fairly simplistic idea, but it's difficult to "do right" in a way that is clean, concise, and robust. For simple purposes you'll be able to figure it out though.