Bot closing game on disconnection

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Alleexx

Re: Bot closing game on disconnection

#21 Post by Alleexx » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:37 am

Ok as no one seems to know how to disable this does anyone have an old version of the bot that they could be kind to share? Cause I know it haven't been like this for too long.

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:50 am

I think it's been awhile. Getting an old version of the bot is easy but it wont work because of different addresses and a few other things.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Alleexx

#23 Post by Alleexx » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:13 pm

And it's not possible to just update the addresses and these "other things"?

BillDoorNZ

#24 Post by BillDoorNZ » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Alleexx wrote:And it's not possible to just update the addresses and these "other things"?
of course its possible. The real issue is: are YOU willing to:

1) use svn to get the appropriate version
2) update the addresses (using latest addresses and also making sure you update/exclude and recent changes to the way they are used)
3) re-fix any other known issues that have since been resolved (thx to the likes of Rock5 and lisa etc)
4) fix any new issues resulting from more ROM updates

CrazyGuy

#25 Post by CrazyGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Hey, ive recently been having this problem and have been trying to figure out a solution for it. I'm not asking for something that autologs me in, its just that my internet is pretty shady sometimes. So when i d/c from the net for whatever stupid reason, I just want mm to just leave me at the log-in screen or where ever im at, instead of shutting so i dont have to restart RoM every time i d/c. Is it possible to have that happen?

Thanks

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 am

I'm not sure you want that. Sometimes the game can crash but appear to be still logged in. When that happens the server still sees you logged in. So if you were in the middle of a fight odds are you will die.

Administrator implemented some code so that if the bot looses communication with the client then it shuts down the client to make sure you don't die.

I think it's supposed to only shut down the client if it crashes but I think it doesn't 100% work the way intended and may shut it down in other situations too, such as dropping to the login screen because of loss of communication. I don't know if it's possible for it to tell the difference, Administrator would have to say.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Administrator
Site Admin

#27 Post by Administrator » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 am

It should only attempt to close game clients if it finds an instance of the RoM crash handler. If another copy of the game has crashed, then it might still see that and kill any window that hast lost communication for any reason, but other than that, I see no reason behind it.

CrazyGuy

#28 Post by CrazyGuy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:49 am

Its mostly an issue when im sitting there doing a timed event... and its just running on another computer. Having to restart rom and everything when the timer is running sucks.

silinky

#29 Post by silinky » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:40 am

this client shutdown is REALLY annoying.
my net disconnects for like a second, and my bot windows close. so instead of just reloging i have to start the windoes again from scratch. what part of the code should i comment out for this to stop?
thx

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:44 am

I think I figured it out. Something about trying to do a RoMScript after loosing the connection causes the game to crash. What I'm seeing is the first thing it does is a player:clearTarget(). That has a RoMScript command that you can safely remove. That will stop it from crashing immediately but then after 10 unstick tries if it tries to logout thats another RoMScript which will make it crash again.

So to stop it crashing edit out this line in player.lua around line 2952

Code: Select all

RoMScript("TargetFrame:Hide()");
And set LOGOUT_WHEN_STUCK and CLOSE_WHEN_STUCK to false in your profile.

I'll try to find an indicator in memory for if the game is at the login screen. That would fix it but I seem to remember, when I found the loading screen address, that I couldn't find such an indicator.

silinky

#31 Post by silinky » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:15 am

ty i will try it now :)

rock5

#32 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:15 am

Ok, found an address. The above fix will do for now but when I commit next, it will include a fix for the crashing and a new function I'm calling isInGame().

silinky

#33 Post by silinky » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 am

the commenting fix is not working, i set the profile and also commented it and still closed the clients.

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 am

There is probably another RoMScript happening somewhere for you. The changes I've done cover too many files for me to send them to you to try so I just went ahead and committed them. Hope it works.

Update to rev 735.

lisa

#35 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Don't forget about other timed events that might use RoMScripts like GMDetect.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#36 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:47 pm

lisa wrote:Don't forget about other timed events that might use RoMScripts like GMDetect.
I thought of that. I put the fix in RoMScript so no RoMScripts will execute when not "ingame". I also adding a check in the unstick function so it doesn't try to unstick 10 times after logging out.

Desmond

#37 Post by Desmond » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Interestingly, you can do anything if you lose your connection, and appeared on the password entry screen, how do you try to connect and go to the very character on which the connection is lost?