Is there a way to remove (or change) ambient lighting?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
i1own0u

Is there a way to remove (or change) ambient lighting?

#1 Post by i1own0u » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:43 pm

There is a standard look to everything, but there are some zones (like the level 72 ones) that are all orange in some parts. Is there a way to remove it, or change it? Just taking a few screenshots of mobs but they are ruined by the "mood lighting".

Maybe something in the model folder?

Ego95

Re: Is there a way to remove (or change) ambient lighting?

#2 Post by Ego95 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:05 pm

I would be interested too. Some zones are really annoying. In the area of bethomia theres much mist and I cannot see anything there. Some other zones are really dark especially, when it's night. Much darker, than other zones at night.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:30 pm

I would say yes to it being possible to remove but not a model, my guess is one of the textures would do the trick.

Test it like this,
go to the area in question
exit game
Go to your game files and move out the texture#.fdb out of the fdb folder, you can move them anywhere you want aslong as they aren't in that folder anymore
start game and log in that character again.

You can narrow down which file by repeating the steps and just moving out 1 file at a time.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

i1own0u

#4 Post by i1own0u » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Just tried this with each one and did not remove it.

Also tried every other fdb in there.

When you login, you can notice a slight orange hue existed at the char screen. I used that as my reference.

I'm assuming the login is different than actual zones. Still makes me feel like it wouldn't work for instances.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:48 am

Dark zones have annoyed me in the past. I even tried to find a way to get the client to think it's daytime all the time (dark zone at night is the worst) but couldn't find a way to do it. It should theoretically be possible. I just couldn't figure out a way to find the memory address.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm

hmm yeah I think I had it backwards in my memory.

I was thinking about the waterfall NW of TH map, if you remove textures the "light" becomes so that you can't see through it, for some reason I was thinking removing the textures removed the light. My bad =(
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

i1own0u

#7 Post by i1own0u » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:36 am

:( its okay thanks ^_^