RoM bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
memcpy

Re: RoM bot

#1561 Post by memcpy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 am

Administrator wrote:memcpy: try setting toggleable="true" in database/skills.xml for those skills. Let me know how well it works. If it works well, then we can easily make some changes to allow you to set this up in your profile.
dude, why not have a clearly defined option for skills you just want to use only at the beginning of the fight? some could even consider splitting skills into pre-, middle- and post-fight sections. so you could define priorities for those in order. sorry, maybe it's just me who wants some clarity in the code and all of this is already somehow implemented due to some fiddly "inbattle" / "toggleable" option or something. anyways, as mentioned above i will revise the code and may come around with an update. cheers

Administrator
Site Admin

#1562 Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 am

memcpy wrote: dude, why not have a clearly defined option for skills you just want to use only at the beginning of the fight? some could even consider splitting skills into pre-, middle- and post-fight sections. so you could define priorities for those in order. sorry, maybe it's just me who wants some clarity in the code and all of this is already somehow implemented due to some fiddly "inbattle" / "toggleable" option or something. anyways, as mentioned above i will revise the code and may come around with an update. cheers
That's what I said. That system may re-use a lot of the code from the toggleable option if it works. That's why I said to test it.

d003232

#1563 Post by d003232 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:55 am

memcpy wrote:
Administrator wrote:memcpy: try setting toggleable="true" in database/skills.xml for those skills. Let me know how well it works. If it works well, then we can easily make some changes to allow you to set this up in your profile.
dude, why not have a clearly defined option for skills you just want to use only at the beginning of the fight? some could even consider splitting skills into pre-, middle- and post-fight sections. so you could define priorities for those in order. sorry, maybe it's just me who wants some clarity in the code and all of this is already somehow implemented due to some fiddly "inbattle" / "toggleable" option or something. anyways, as mentioned above i will revise the code and may come around with an update. cheers
It sould not come to be to complicated. Not if there would not be more possibilities with an new solution.

'toggleable' is defined as 'it could only be used one time in a fight'. Perhaps that's not 'self-explanatory' by the word. And it would be the first cast if it has the highes priority from all damage skills.

Although I'm curious if there can be a better and/or clearer solution. Be easier to understand or give better possibilities for the fight flow.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

d003232

#1564 Post by d003232 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:41 am

memcpy wrote:
One more point to the thema:

I suppose the main issue will be to 'switch' the combat range. For the first range strike you want to use a combat range perhaps of 200. And after that you need a range from 45. If you fight against melees if would be ok without. The will run to you by themself. But if your fight againt ranged one, they will not come to you. So you need a melee range from 45, so that the bot will go to the mob. If I understand the coding, that solution isn't possible at the moment.

memcpy

#1565 Post by memcpy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 am

d003232 wrote:I suppose the main issue will be to 'switch' the combat range. For the first range strike you want to use a combat range perhaps of 200. And after that you need a range from 45. If you fight against melees if would be ok without. The will run to you by themself. But if your fight againt ranged one, they will not come to you. So you need a melee range from 45, so that the bot will go to the mob. If I understand the coding, that solution isn't possible at the moment.
yep - it would be for melee-mobs only atm. well, i wouldnt suggest one to grind range-mobs as a melee char (especially if they are aggro by nature). but of course it should be possible. anyways it's a good point of yours but i think it's possible to implement a clear-coded easy to use setting somehow. maybe its like elv says and we could just rename/revise the 'toggable' option to something more accurate.

d003232

#1566 Post by d003232 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:12 am

memcpy wrote:
d003232 wrote:I suppose the main issue will be to 'switch' the combat range. For the first range strike you want to use a combat range perhaps of 200. And after that you need a range from 45. If you fight against melees if would be ok without. The will run to you by themself. But if your fight againt ranged one, they will not come to you. So you need a melee range from 45, so that the bot will go to the mob. If I understand the coding, that solution isn't possible at the moment.
yep - it would be for melee-mobs only atm. well, i wouldnt suggest one to grind range-mobs as a melee char (especially if they are aggro by nature). but of course it should be possible. anyways it's a good point of yours but i think it's possible to implement a clear-coded easy to use setting somehow. maybe its like elv says and we could just rename/revise the 'toggable' option to something more accurate.
Yes I think that could work. We make the option more cleare, make it also configurable with the profile. And we could create a combat type 'meleeR' (don't know whats a clear selfexplaining name'). That class would as first using the 'combat disctance' like a ranged class with '200' and after the first strike (= after being in combat) switch to melee distance and do the rest of the fight as combat type 'melee'. I suppose that would only be a litte modification of the coding. What do you think?

memcpy

#1567 Post by memcpy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:02 am

d003232 wrote:make it also configurable with the profile. And we could create a combat type 'meleeR' (don't know whats a clear selfexplaining name'). That class would as first using the 'combat disctance' like a ranged class with '200' and after the first strike (= after being in combat) switch to melee distance and do the rest of the fight as combat type 'melee'. I suppose that would only be a litte modification of the coding. What do you think?
sounds good. but i wouldnt specify a new classtype for it. just make it more dynamic via the skill settings. you could script your combat chain very dynamic by keeping a good overview and clearness in the xml.

for example:

Code: Select all

<skills_rogue> 
     <prefight>
          <skill name="ROGUE_PREMEDITATION"  hotkey="VK_1" priority="100" />
          <skill name="ROGUE_HIDE"    hotkey="VK_2" priority="90" />
          <skill name="ROGUE_SNEAK_ATTACK"    hotkey="VK_3" priority="80" />
     </prefight>
     <infight>
          <normal combat chain goes here...>
     </infight>
     <postfight>
          <heals (if HP < x),buffs,whatever...>
     </postfight>
</skills_rogue>
of course this is a pretty advanced prefight chain, dont't know how well the bot would handle that. (moving in stealthed then attack)
a more simple one would just include ROGUE_THROW in <prefight> or ROGUE_PREMED. something like that.

akira2102

#1568 Post by akira2102 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi there,

well I have a new question..

Is it possible to use if querys in the profile-file? I want to load level-specific waypoint files.

if player.Level > 21 then load-paths("level21", "return21")
The point is that when u are leveling your bot and it goes through 3 waypoint files it is more than bad if the bot is resumed and f.e. the leve1 waypoint file is loaded.

Greetz

d003232

#1569 Post by d003232 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:27 pm

akira2102 wrote:Is it possible to use if querys in the profile-file? I want to load level-specific waypoint files.

if player.Level > 21 then load-paths("level21", "return21")
The point is that when u are leveling your bot and it goes through 3 waypoint files it is more than bad if the bot is resumed and f.e. the leve1 waypoint file is loaded.
Yes that's possible. More about that can you read here.

AmonRa

#1570 Post by AmonRa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:35 pm

old fixed but new problem -.-

----------TRACEBACK END----------

Thu Aug 13 02:29:47 2009 : .../XXX/Desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/settings.lua:236: XML Parse Error.
File: ...Desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/profiles/XXX.xml
Line: 99
Column: 3
Thu Aug 13 02:29:47 2009 : Execution error: Runtime error

<profile>
	<options>
		<!-- try the bot with a new char mage or priest         -->
		<!-- at the pioneer village. Use demo.xml waypoint file -->
		<option name="HP_LOW"        value="50" />
		<option name="MP_LOW_POTION" value="50" />
		<option name="HP_LOW_POTION" value="35" />

<option name="COMBAT_TYPE"        value="ranged" />		-- choose ranged/melee if not using class default
		<option name="COMBAT_DISTANCE"    value="200" />
		<option name="ANTI_KS"            value="true" />
		<option name="WAYPOINTS"          value="Beute.xml" />
		<option name="RETURNPATH"         value="" />
		<option name="PATH_TYPE"          value="waypoints" />
		<option name="WANDER_RADIUS"      value="500" />
		<option name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION" value="0" />
		<option name="LOOT"               value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_TIME"          value="2000" />
		<option name="LOOT_IN_COMBAT"     value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="100" />
		<option name="LOOT_PAUSE_AFTER"   value="10" />
		<option name="POTION_COOLDOWN"    value="15" />
		<option name="MAX_FIGHT_TIME"     value="15" />
		<option name="DOT_PERCENT"        value="90" />

<!-- rest if HP or Mana is below that level -->
		<option name="HP_REST" value="15" />
		<option name="MP_REST" value="15" />

<option name="LOGOUT_TIME" value="0" />
		<option name="LOGOUT_SHUTDOWN" value="false" />

<!-- attack monsters 3 levels above or 10 below your level -->
		<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_ABOVE" value="5" />
		<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW" value="10" />

<option name="QUICK_TURN" value="true" />
	</options>

<friends>
		<!-- names of friends we help fighting or enemys we don't want to attack -->
		<friend name="MyOtherCharacter1" />
		<friend name="MyOtherCharacter2" />
		<friend name="Elite_Mob_Name1" />
		<friend name="Elite_Mob_Name2" />
	</friends>

<hotkeys>
		<hotkey name="HP_POTION"    key="VK_MINUS" />
		<hotkey name="MP_POTION"    key="VK_PLUS" />
		<hotkey name="ATTACK"       key="VK_1" />
		<hotkey name="RES_MACRO"    key="VK_H" />
		--hotkey name="LOGOUT_MACRO" key="VK_0" />
	</hotkeys>

<!-- define your skills depending from your actual primary class -->
	<!-- see the example for a priest/mage respectively mage/priest  -->
	<!-- delete skills you don't have or don't want to use.          -->
	<!-- For more skills to use see /database/skills.xml             -->
	<!-- demo skills for LvL 1 character for all classes             -->
	<skills_mage>
	        <skill name="MAGE_ELECTRIC_BOLT"     	hotkey="VK_3" priority="90" />
	        <skill name="MAGE_FLAME"            	hotkey="VK_2" priority="80" />
	        <skill name="MAGE_FIREBALL"       	hotkey="VK_4" priority="70" />
	        <skill name="MAGE_ESSENCE_OF_MAGIC" 	hotkey="VK_P" priority="60" />
        	<skill name="MAGE_ENERGY_WELL" 		hotkey="VK_0" priority="60" />
        	<skill name="MAGE_ENERGY_SUPPLY" 	hotkey="VK_9" priority="60" />
        	<skill name="MAGE_INTENSIFICATION" 	hotkey="VK_8" priority="60" /> 
	<skills_priest>
	        <skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL"   	hotkey="VK_6" priority="100" hpper="30" />
	        <skill name="PRIEST_REGENERATE"    	hotkey="VK_7" priority="90" inbattle="true" />
	        <skill name="PRIEST_MAGIC_BARRIER" 	hotkey="VK_I" priority="60" />
	</skills_priest>
	<skills_rogue>
	</skills_rogue>
	<skills_scout>
	</skills_scout>
	<skills_runedancer> 
	</skills_runedancer>
	<skills_druid> 
	</skills_druid>
	<skills_knight>
	</skills_knight>

<onDeath>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute on death
		-- pauseOnDeath(); -- Stop the script
	</onDeath>

<onLeaveCombat>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute after killing an enemy
	</onLeaveCombat>

<onSkillCast>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute when casting a skill
		-- Note: arg1 contains the skill being used.
		-- i.e. arg1.Name will be the name of the skill being cast.
	</onSkillCast>
</profile>
line 99 is </profile> what the hell is wrong ? o_O

CrazyGuy

rrror reading memory in CPawn:Update()

#1571 Post by CrazyGuy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 pm

micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/pawn.lua:196: Error reading memory in CPawn:Update()
Any idea what is causing this? I did the most recent svn update but its been happening for the past few days.

AmonRa

Re: rrror reading memory in CPawn:Update()

#1572 Post by AmonRa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 pm

CrazyGuy wrote:

micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/pawn.lua:196: Error reading memory in CPawn:Update()
Any idea what is causing this? I did the most recent svn update but its been happening for the past few days.

rom/update.lua
try it

Administrator
Site Admin

#1573 Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 pm

AmonRa wrote:old fixed but new problem -.-
line 99 is </profile> what the hell is wrong ? o_O
You are missing a </skills_mage>.

d003232

#1574 Post by d003232 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:26 am

AmonRa wrote:old fixed but new problem -.-

<skills_priest>
	        <skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL"   	hotkey="VK_6" priority="100" hpper="30" />
	        <skill name="PRIEST_REGENERATE"    	hotkey="VK_7" priority="90" inbattle="true" />
	        <skill name="PRIEST_MAGIC_BARRIER" 	hotkey="VK_I" priority="60" />
	</skills_priest>
[/quote]I you want to use the general priest skills also while playing a primary mage, then you have to define them unter the <skills_mage> tag.

raff

#1575 Post by raff » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:23 am

i have a problem with loading a new waypoint

i have modified the last waypoint to:

<!-- #16 --><waypoint x="-17316" z="-2139">load_paths("spot1.xml","returnspot1.xml");</waypoint>
when the bot reach this waypoint, it will load both paths, but the bot will go to the #2 wp of the return path, if i reload the bot a few times it will work correctly, very annoying :/

btw i have the latest svn version

d003232

#1576 Post by d003232 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:40 am

raff wrote:i have a problem with loading a new waypoint

<!-- #16 --><waypoint x="-17316" z="-2139">load_paths("spot1.xml","returnspot1.xml");</waypoint>
when the bot reach this waypoint, it will load both paths, but the bot will go to the #2 wp of the return path, if i reload the bot a few times it will work correctly, very annoying :/

Could it be, that the loading of the new path happens within a returnpath?

d003232

#1577 Post by d003232 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:06 am

raff wrote:i have a problem with loading a new waypoint

There is a new SVP Update. This one will give a message, if we are on a returnpath or not. Try that. Perhaps the reson will be more clear after that. If not, we have to look deeper.

akira2102

#1578 Post by akira2102 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:11 am

d003232 wrote:Yes that's possible. More about that can you read here.
Thats not what I talked about. I know that it is possible to use this in a waypoint file. But I want to have it in the Profile (Charname.xml).
So that the right waypoint for the level is loaded automatically.

d003232

#1579 Post by d003232 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:50 am

akira2102 wrote:
d003232 wrote:Yes that's possible. More about that can you read here.
Thats not what I talked about. I know that it is possible to use this in a waypoint file. But I want to have it in the Profile (Charname.xml).
So that the right waypoint for the level is loaded automatically.
Hmm. In my opionion, the waypoint file to use, would more be dependent of the players position. Even if you want to make it dependet from the level, you would need a startpoint. If you have your "startpoint", you could create a small start waypoint file, in which you your check your level, and after that, load the right waypoint path.

I hope I understand you right.

I could also image to create a xml-file with a collection of waypoint files. And then select the closest waypoint file from that collection.

And independent from that, is is mostly usefull to have a check/load_paths withn all the waypoint files, it that are leveling waypoint files.

d003232

#1580 Post by d003232 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 am

a suggestion for a waypoint list:

There would be an option:

<option name="PATH_TYPE"              value="waypointlist"/>
<option name="WAYPOINTS"              value="list_level_1-10.xml" />
and the list would look like:

<waypointlist>
	<waypointfile name="level_1-3.xml"></waypointfile>
	<waypointfile name="level_goto_4.xml"></waypointfile>
	<waypointfile name="level_4-5.xml"></waypointfile>
	<waypointfile name="level_goto_7.xml"></waypointfile>
	<waypointfile name="level_7-8.xml"></waypointfile>
</waypointlist>
If you start the bot somewhere, he will look for the closest waypointpath from the list and start with that path. If that path is to low for your level, your will check the player.Level in each file

<waypoint x="-3861" z="-7817">
	if( player.Level > 3 ) then
		load_paths("level_goto_4");
  	end
	</waypoint>
and the bot will follow the paths, until he is at the right place.

What do you think out there?