Following Character in Goblin Mines

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: Following Character in Goblin Mines

#21 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 am

• Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

gloover

#22 Post by gloover » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:02 pm

I've tried several options using slim client without addons, using the bot without any userfunction, also did some tests using the profile file without any options in onload, onskillcas or onleavecombat - but everytime the same problem: after 5-20 min of running the game crashed! It happens nowhere else except of goblin mine.

Has someone a solution. It could be nice to solve this problem, because nowhere you can farm ep/tp such effective like there.

Rock, Lisa, Admin - could you theck this by the time, please?

thx in advance.

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:23 pm

I've been doing a bit of testing today in goblins. It looks like the Alive flag is not reliable, it doesn't seem to work on all mobs. I can't see any pattern in the bits that would work for all mobs.

I think I found another one though, Offset 0xC8 bit 0x8. So far it's a reliable bit that works on the regular mobs I've tried and all the mobs in goblins. It probably needs more testing but I noticed it doesn't work for the player. So I added a HP < 1 check to the resurrection check.

I don't know if this will affect goblins crashing but I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

Edit: Sorry I posted wrong offset. It's C8 not 3C.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

gloover

#24 Post by gloover » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Thank u very much, rock - it would be great if it solve the crashing problem.

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:34 am

I think I figured it out. What was confusing me was in goblins when I killed something some of the mobs Alive flag = 5. But some mobs start with 5. Normally 8 or 9 and maybe 10 meant it was dead. I found another offset (0x68) that shows a sort of counter while the mob disappears. With normal mobs outside of goblins, when you kill something and it doesn't give loot, its Alive flag becomes 8-10 and stays for about a second then the counter starts while the mob disappears. In goblins the counter starts immediately. So what I think is happening, because the fading counter starts immediately it doesn't bother changing the Alive flag to the correct value. 5 in fact means you've aggroed it I think.

So all we need to do to see if a mob is dead is check if the alive flag > 7 or if the fading counter does not = 0. I'll do some testing and see how it goes.

gloover

#26 Post by gloover » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Huhu Rock. Any progress in testing? On all EU Servers we will get 250% more EP/TP on this weekend - so it would be very nice to run the bot, preventing this crashes ;-)

thx inadvance!

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Try revision 764.

Ivan

#28 Post by Ivan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Hello,

Anyone has a waypoint to share? I have had to much work lately to make my own :(
Thanks

gloover

#29 Post by gloover » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Thx rock for ya effort

Have updated to rev. 764 - got this

Code: Select all

.../scripts/rom/functions.lua:320: bad argument #1 to 'windowValid' (number expected, got nil)
:-(

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:53 am

I think the latest MM beta fixes that.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 542#p52542

gloover

#31 Post by gloover » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:33 am

Yea, rock, you've right - this ver. of micromacro did it, but running a goblin mine WP - it also causing a game crash :-(

rock5

#32 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:47 am

I don't think it's an issue with the bot as I was able to run a goblin script for 3 hours without a crash. I suspect it is either something to do with your system or your goblins script. Maybe you could send me your goblins script so I could have a look at it and maybe try it out.

gloover

#33 Post by gloover » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 am

Hmm, I've made a lot of tests - without any imrpovement :-(

You've got mail, rock - if you could spend some minutes of time - please take a look at this.

thx in advance.

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:31 am

I had to fiddle with it to work with my scout (I don't have a good rogue). I got 2 nearly full runs. First one got to the end and suicided when it faced the boss that spawns in the first group. The second time it died just before reaching the end room. No crashes.

The main changes I made are:
  • - Used a scout instead of a rogue. I guess it's possible the bug is rogue related. You could try a different class if you have one that can do goblins.
    - I didn't use "useMaidItems" because I didn't have that function and I didn't have any maid pots.
    - I changed all the "setSpeed"s to "speed". Are you using your own userfunction?
Other minor changes include:
  • - Set the ammunition to arrows.
    - Changed the combat ranges.
So, unless it's one of those thing I changed, then it's probably something to do with your system .

One last idea. Maybe it has something to do with your 'model' folder. Maybe try a model folder with only the goblin gate in it. I believe it is "model\element\common\prop\cobolin\goblin_gate01.ros".

gloover

#35 Post by gloover » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:17 pm

UPDATE:

After doing to many tests and playing 2 days in bot configuration I have decided to reinstall the game - now it seems to working as it should.

U've had right again rock - the crash was caused gameside, because it was firstly installed for a very long time (chapter 2?) and some of thousands patches has corrupted my "eventdgn_goblin_mines.wdb"

thank u very much again.