Ygather + Map Pointers + Harvesting bot = ultimate win ?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
botlover

Ygather + Map Pointers + Harvesting bot = ultimate win ?

#1 Post by botlover » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:27 pm

I was wondering if it would be possible if the bot could get the coords where he needs to go from the Ygather addon, or even from the mini-map, this would maybe make it possible for the bot to ONLY go for nodes wich actually exist.

also making a route on the map would be really awsome, this way you could "draw" a line on the map for the bot to follow.

i would say this would make it far more easy for anybody to make an good route covering a good amount of the nodes avaible on the map and even make the bot seem much more human like if it didn't go hunt for those nodes that aint even up atm he's scanning.

the way the bot works now, how you create the paths and that alike is very non straight forward, it takes alot of time and efford to make an route that would seem just okay in my opinion. not denying that it pays of, but still.

thanks in advance for any comment or work on this :)

d003232

Re: Ygather + Map Pointers + Harvesting bot = ultimate win ?

#2 Post by d003232 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:03 pm

botlover wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible if the bot could get the coords where he needs to go from the Ygather addon, or even from the mini-map, this would maybe make it possible for the bot to ONLY go for nodes wich actually exist.
I let my bot just run a few rounds to collect all possible nodes within ygather. After that I see them on my minimap, even if they are not available. Now I create my harvest route with nearly every node. It is not enough to have the coorinates. You also have to know, how you can find a way to the node, where are obstacles you have to go around. It is not possible to get that informations just from the coordinates and create automatic harvesting routes.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

botlover

#3 Post by botlover » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:28 pm

well if u createt a run-path and configuratet the bot to go for nodes not father then 100 "yards" away from the route.

you let it run a few laps and if the bot get stuck at some nodes u tell it to ignore those specifik nodes. by entering the coords for the specifik node.

something like that, hope what i mean is understandeable ? :)

d003232

#4 Post by d003232 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:34 pm

botlover wrote:well if u createt a run-path and configuratet the bot to go for nodes not father then 100 "yards" away from the route.

you let it run a few laps and if the bot get stuck at some nodes u tell it to ignore those specifik nodes. by entering the coords for the specifik node.

something like that, hope what i mean is understandeable ? :)
Yea, I understand. That would make it a little more easy to define a route. Just walk near the nodes.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

botlover

#5 Post by botlover » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:12 am

jup, that's the point, and if u could create an run path on the map instead of being forced to use the createpath function it would be much faster also, ofc then you would hav to temper with the route so it would run around obstackles later. but the point is to have an flexible path where the waypoints are dragable on the map, and also creates a line on the map to see you actual route.

i think theese "functions" would be possible, BUT it would need the bot to work together with actual addons createt for that special purpose, wich again, is that even possible ? i meran, is it possible for the bot to work together with an addon ?

thanks in advance :)