Empty Waypoint File

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
turbobay

Empty Waypoint File

#1 Post by turbobay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:03 am

I just wanted to create a waypoint file where i only put some code into the onLoad section.
e.g. dance, or do something right where the char is, when it logs in.

But without waypoints the bot terminates with message "no waypoints....."
When i define a waypoint i can surely give one, but i want it to perform wherever the char is when it logs in, so is there a way to do it without waypoint...or is it possible to define a waypoint with my exact coordinates when i just lg in ?

rock5

Re: Empty Waypoint File

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:38 am

What do you want the bot to do after it does the code in the onload?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

turbobay

#3 Post by turbobay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 am

Nothing at all, just perform the onload section WITHOUT moving anywhere, maybe print out some log file.
e.g. i could use it to log in some chars and only check some info and print into logfile.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 am

If you don't want it to do anything then you want it to end. Normally you end scripts with an error message, eg.

Code: Select all

error("This is not an error. We are just stopping the script.")
But if you have code in an onload that ends and the waypoint file has no waypoints then it will stop with the "No waypoints" error which is fine too. Just because you get that error doesn't mean the script failed to perform as expected.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

turbobay

#5 Post by turbobay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 am

Ok, thank you, i will try without any waypoint though.
I was just wondering if it was an error and is hindering the execution of my onLoad section, as i notoced that even if the commands in onLoad have not yet been executed it terminates the bot, or when i had a random waypoint it startet moving before, or sometimes without even executing my onLoad section.
I will try to put some yrest() in the onLoad to give it little more time.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 am

If it seemed to miss commands then there is probably something wrong with your code.

turbobay

#7 Post by turbobay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:35 am

Well i have really trouble bringing it to work, i have one script which seemed to work once, but i think it only works in 1 out of 10 tries or so. Really strange.
What i have is a start.bat file which starts

FOR /F "tokens=1 delims=" %%A in ('cd') do SET folder=%%A
START ../../micromacro.exe "%folder%/login.lua" acc:5 char:1 client:rom1 profile:l1-10 path:BK_joins
START ../../micromacro.exe "%folder%/login.lua" acc:6 char:2 client:rom1 profile:l1-10 path:BK_joins

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
	<onLoad>
		yrest(2000)
		RoMScript("GuildHousesWar_EnterWar();")			
		yrest(5000)
	</onLoad>	
</waypoints>
This file starts RoM correctly, though i have to confirm both MM executions seperately. I usually wait for the first being completed only then confirm the second one.
RoM starts good, logs in the right character and then should execute the command in the waypointfile, but it doesn't.
After a few seconds it just ends with the expected message, that the waypoint file is empty.
I tried to execute the waypoint file when the char is already logged in, and once or twice it actually logged in to the SiegeWar, but then trying again it doesn't.
I really don't know why it sometimes works, but most of the times it does not :-(
Using the script command "GuildHousesWar_EnterWar();" in an inGame macro works fine

Wegpunktpfad bk_joins.xml geladen.
Es wurde keine Rückkehrpfaddatei mit dem Defaultnamen bk_joins_return.xml gefund
en.
Wir benutzen nun die normale Wegepunktdatei bk_joins.xml.
Die Option 'ARROW_QUIVER' wurde von '0' auf '2' geändert.
The game client did not crash.
2:12pm - D:\GAMES\micromacro_v103\scripts\rom/login.lua:51: D:/GAMES/micromacro_
v103/scripts/rom/bot.lua:671: Keine Wegepunkte in der Wegepunkt-Datei.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 am

I suspect it's just a timing issue. Sometimes you just need to give the game a bit more time to finish loading. Try increasing the yrest before the command to something much bigger such as 10s.

yrest(10000)
See if that helps.

In this situation, there is no point in having a yrest after the command.

turbobay

#9 Post by turbobay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:42 am

Ok, thank you.
I'll try it tomorrow. I added some code though to improve my chances.

yrest(10000)
		local ZoneID = getZoneId();
		repeat
			printf("Trying to Enter Siege War \n")
			RoMScript("GuildHousesWar_EnterWar();")			
			ZoneID = getZoneId()
		until ZoneID == 402
ZoneID 402 should be siege war... i'll see tomorrow if it works

turbobay

#10 Post by turbobay » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:26 am

Well, no success :-(

Trying to Enter Siege War
Drücke MACRO: RoMScript ausführen "GuildHousesWar_EnterWar()".
I tried with RoMScript and sendMacro
Code i try to execute is

yrest(500)
		local ZoneID = getZoneId();
		repeat
			printf("Trying to Enter Siege War \n")
			yrest(10000)
			sendMacro("GuildHousesWar_EnterWar()");			
			ZoneID = getZoneId()
		until ZoneID == 402
Strange was, that i once got the char to enter the war when i executed it "manually" after being logged in already. But this also worked only once, after that i tried again and it didn't work.
Even more strange was, that also the ingame macro key was no longer working. This worked initially.
Any ideas what may be broken there ?

edit: 402 is the correct ZoneId, i checked it when i was in siege war. But that's not important as it only gets important once being IN the war^^

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:22 am

Everything looks ok. Are you sure it's not a normal reason such as; failing to register in the first place, trying to enter at the wrong time, taking to long to enter that the other guild has already taken your castle? Things like that? Are you getting any messages on screen when you try to enter?

turbobay

#12 Post by turbobay » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:53 am

NO, i think it should work, none of these "problems" are actually true.
I tried it while i was entering siege war "normally" with another char. Right from the start, the siege war today took quite a bit of time, so i had time to test with "sendMacro" and "RomScript"
I tried even without the start batch, and once i was successfull, but was not able to reproduce it afterwards.
I left war, and tried to go in again with script, but nothing. War was still going on, and manually i entered without problems.

And there are no messages on screen or chat. Very frustrating^^

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:55 pm

I don't know then.

Lisas "siege" addon used to work well. http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 998#p35998 From what I can tell it uses "GuildHouseWarEnterButton_OnClick()". That function does this

GuildHousesWar_EnterWar();
	GuildWarFrame:Hide();
which is basically the same thing so I don't think it will help but you could try it anyway.

But maybe if the addon itself works you can use that. It usually enters automatically when siege starts if you've already started your clients but if you miss the start you could still trigger it to enter siege. I think all you would need to do is set "siege.Time = 1"

RoMCode("siege.Time = 1")
BTW, sendMacro and RoMScript are basically the same command except sendMacro prints a message to the MM window.

turbobay

#14 Post by turbobay » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:08 am

Well, i tried the addon today.
Maybe i have not yet set it up right. No character entered the war automatically, perhaps i need to change some keywords, but couldn't figure out where and which one^^
But with "join siege" in guild chat it worked partially, i say partially because some characters joined the war, other only wrote the message in guild chat but did not enter the war.
So i think it is actually not a problem with the command, but something with timing, or other ingame issues, difficult to say though which difficulties, and even harder to fix it.

Cindy

#15 Post by Cindy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 am

The addon works like a charm for me.

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm

turbobay wrote:Maybe i have not yet set it up right. No character entered the war automatically, perhaps i need to change some keywords, but couldn't figure out where and which one^^
It monitors system messages for "enter battle", if you have a different language client then you will need to edit it.
Click the little icon which should be near minimap and you can change the text, also there is a check box you can untick to turn it off.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual