Auto join Guild Siege waypoint.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

Re: Auto join Guild Siege waypoint.

#21 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Hetrix wrote:Great job Lisa and huge thanks for the addon. Is there any possibility that this addon can be modified to auto-register for sw aswell?

/H :-)
Of course it can but someone else will have to do it.
lisa wrote:I am not going to be updating this addon, it is what it is.
I simply don't have the time.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Hetrix

#22 Post by Hetrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 am

Alright Lisa. Is the modification of it to complicated or its just some simple things that need to be changed? Maybe I can do it or rock5 if he maybe got the time.

/H

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:43 am

It's not that simple or else probably Lisa would do it anyway.

I'll probably look into it eventually. Maybe this weekend.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Hetrix

#24 Post by Hetrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Alright, thanks rock5.
/H

lisa

#25 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 am

rock5 wrote:It's not that simple or else probably Lisa would do it anyway.

I'll probably look into it eventually. Maybe this weekend.
Testing to make sure it worked would be the biggest pain for me as I literally don't even log into rom anymore.

Also the fact people want this to join their personal guild to siege war to have a few chars afk while actual guilds with many members will miss out on siege because of the limit on the number of guilds that can register.
If the siege wasn't getting to max capacity of guilds then you could simply do the 3 mouse clicks to register for siege without issue.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:03 am

lisa wrote:Also the fact people want this to join their personal guild to siege war to have a few chars afk while actual guilds with many members will miss out on siege because of the limit on the number of guilds that can register.
Good point. I just did it to get the first title but who knows what other peoples intensions are.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#27 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:30 am

rock5 wrote:
lisa wrote:Also the fact people want this to join their personal guild to siege war to have a few chars afk while actual guilds with many members will miss out on siege because of the limit on the number of guilds that can register.
Good point. I just did it to get the first title but who knows what other peoples intensions are.
Server you play doesn't reach max capacity though so you could simply just click to register =)

kuripot

#28 Post by kuripot » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 pm

i have a question... if im botting and the sw will start///... my previous waypoint will be pause to enter in battle?? then resume when sw are done and if i got bad connection and i kick out from the sw it posibble to re enter battle again>??

wilifox

#29 Post by wilifox » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:31 am

Good afternoon, a siege addon question, if my client is Spanish, I have to change of siege.lua ¿?. A greeting and thank you very much for this contribution. A greeting.

lisa

#30 Post by lisa » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:08 am

wilifox wrote:Good afternoon, a siege addon question, if my client is Spanish, I have to change of siege.lua ¿?. A greeting and thank you very much for this contribution. A greeting.
If you click on the eye looking icon that should be near your minimap a window will pop up in game, you can change the text in that window to look for what is written in your language when siege war starts.
After you do that it should work just like for anyone else.

kuripot

#31 Post by kuripot » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:04 am

this addon will work perfectly when im doing bot??? it will stop the waypoint or pause then resume.. or just to be afk??

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:22 am

kuripot wrote:this addon will work perfectly when im doing bot??? it will stop the waypoint or pause then resume.. or just to be afk??
The addon works independant of the bot, it doesn't do anything to the bot at all.

So if you want to join siege while botting you will need to do something to your profile or WP that you are using in order to stop botting or what ever it is you want to do.

turbobay

#33 Post by turbobay » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 am

I don't know if it is still "upToDate" or if there is any other thread about entering the siege war....

Well, i am not really understanding if i get the point of this addon right.
This addon will actually watch for guild chat, and if there is a keyword (e.g. "war") it will start working....and this work is
making enter all ONLINE players of the guild into the siege war, right ?
So if i want to make my friends join the war and they are not online i have to start new client(s) first, get them online and then the addon will make the login.
Is that correct ?

So to simplify things up, would it be possible to make some batch file wchich starts 2 or 3 clients automatically, logs in the other chars, characters or friends at work, get some waypoint-file started and this waypoint file makes them join the siege war automatically ? So, actually i just need to start the batch file and everything else happens automatically ?

And one more question, is it possible to make register for siege war also automatica by this way. Let's say i want my computer run at night, and register for siege war in the middle of the night, as there are few people onlie, no problem at all, 2 hours later the next scrip just logs the chars in and waits for siege war ending...

:-)

lisa

#34 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:34 am

The addon simply makes you enter siege when siege starts, you need to have your character already logged in to the game and not in an instance. When you get the system message saying siege war is starting it will make the character enter the siege war.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Cindy

#35 Post by Cindy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Oh my, how did I never find this thread ?!? (I thought I read them all)

Cindy

#36 Post by Cindy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39 am

I am working on extending this addon. Here is a code snippet for peer review ;)

Code: Select all

if(siege_Settings[siege.playerName]["KeyWordCheck1"] and (siege_Settings[siege.playerName]["KeyWord1"] ~= nil or siege_Settings[siege.playerName]["KeyWord1"] ~= "")) then
  				if(string.find(var,string.lower(siege_Settings[siege.playerName]["KeyWord1"])) ~= nil) then
					siege.Time = 1	
					siege.WarningText(siege_Settings[siege.playerName]["KeyWord1"]);
					if GetZoneID() == 400 then --400 is Residence
						local name = "Housekeeper"
						TargetNearestFriend()
						local first = UnitName("target")
						repeat
							TargetNearestFriend()
						until UnitName("target") == name or UnitName("target") == first
						if UnitName("target") == name then
							UseSkill(1,1)
						else
							SendSystemChat("Target not found")
						end					
						DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.format(siege.playerName.." is in zone "..GetZoneID()..", exiting house.", siege.PLUGIN_TITLE, siege.playerName), 0.5, 0.7, 1.0);
						GuildHouseWarEnterButton_OnClick()
					end							
  				end
  			end 
Will UseSkill(1,1) trigger the first option of the housekeeper menu? ("Leave the house")

Cindy

#37 Post by Cindy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:00 am

My assumption failed. Character(s) did not leave the house...

Cindy

#38 Post by Cindy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:03 am

By the way I am working on code to register for siege also, based off the "enter preparation phase" keyword phrase.

rock5

#39 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:07 am

UseSkill(1,1) on the npc will open the dialog but you would still need to select the option. Normally you would do

ChoiceOption(1)
but I seem to remember some issue with the housekeeper so you might have to use

SpeakFrame_ListDialogOption(1,1)
instead.

Of course you might have a problem if you can't make it wait for the dialog to open. I'm not sure how you would fix that.

Cindy

#40 Post by Cindy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:12 am

Manually tested /script Useskill(1,1) also /script CastSpellByName("Attack") and neither popped up the dialog screen while Housekeeper is targeted.

However, actually clicking on my attack button did bring up the dialog.