SVN91 / little fixes and range check bug in skill.lua

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
d003232

SVN91 / little fixes and range check bug in skill.lua

#1 Post by d003232 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Just uploaded SVN 91 with some small fixes:
  • I increase the time before the self:update a little to avoid loot skips because of aggro. The pause is only nessecary if not looting in combat
  • Press shift also while harvest scanning. So we ignore players or mobs also while scanning a node
  • There was a bug at the range check in the skill.lua. We did also range checks for skills with target=self. And the default range is 20. So some skills like 'PRIEST_HOLY_AURA' couldn't cast.
I would suggest to set the default range to 999 (unlimited). But I'm not sure if there wouldn't be any side effects? _What do you mean?
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: SVN91 / little fixes and range check bug in skill.lua

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm

d003232 wrote:Just uploaded SVN 91 with some small fixes:
  • I increase the time before the self:update a little to avoid loot skips because of aggro. The pause is only nessecary if not looting in combat
  • Press shift also while harvest scanning. So we ignore players or mobs also while scanning a node
  • There was a bug at the range check in the skill.lua. We did also range checks for skills with target=self. And the default range is 20. So some skills like 'PRIEST_HOLY_AURA' couldn't cast.
I would suggest to set the default range to 999 (unlimited). But I'm not sure if there wouldn't be any side effects? _What do you mean?
All good changes, but no, do not set the default range to 999. It would mean that all skills that are undefined would automatically be considered usable at huge ranges, and most would fail. A better solution would be to just ignore the range check when target=self.

d003232

#3 Post by d003232 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:28 am

Administrator wrote:A better solution would be to just ignore the range check when target=self.
I did so. But the default with 20 means all enemy skills with no range defined are limited to 20. I think the default should don't care, because all enemy cast should have a defined range? I will take a look over the skills.xml.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Sbexe

#4 Post by Sbexe » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Whats the SVN 91 ? i did a search and saw a few posts but never found out what it was. Just wana make sure Im up to date w/all my stuff ^^

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Sbexe wrote:Whats the SVN 91 ? i did a search and saw a few posts but never found out what it was. Just wana make sure Im up to date w/all my stuff ^^
http://code.google.com/p/rom-bot/updates/list

JorgeMcgeorge

#6 Post by JorgeMcgeorge » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I updated today and now I'm getting a "scripts\rom/bot.lua:329: unexpected symbol near '<' " error.

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:18 am

JorgeMcgeorge wrote:I updated today and now I'm getting a "scripts\rom/bot.lua:329: unexpected symbol near '<' " error.
Looks like the update messed up. Delete rom/bot.lua and retry an SVN update.