Beating the Harvest Bot.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Ergonyx

Beating the Harvest Bot.

#1 Post by Ergonyx » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Now, before you freak out and nail me to a cross, hear me out.

I've found that, while we may be able to click through mobs, we cannot click through other players. Generally, what happens, is when a player gets in between the mouse pointer and the node, the bot acts as if the node has been exhausted and runs to the next point. Not a big deal to me, but it's a way of detecting the bot that may or may not have crossed the minds of the people working on the project.

Now. I'm more of a legit player, but there's some days where I just don't want to work for myself, just like the rest of you. But when I'm actually farming, I can generally tell who's using this bot to farm lol. I simply walk in the way and they run off leaving the node to myself ^_~

While I do like this when I'm actually farming for myself rather than having the bot farm for me, I understand that the people working on projects such as this are usually looking for something to overcome and work out (At least I do since I love debugging code. I know, I'm a messed up individual. I also find farming in MMOs to be the funnest part.)

Obviously, there's a few ways to correct this such as making it rescan before actually running away from the node or finding a way to click through other players, but how it's corrected is up to the project managers.

I just felt that I'd inform the public of this, not to cause hate, but to make a better bot even though I rarely use it. I play my game my way, you play your game your way. No reason we can't all get along ^_^

aasi888

Re: Beating the Harvest Bot.

#2 Post by aasi888 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:08 am

Ergonyx wrote:..... or finding a way to click through other players,.....
shift + click works on NPCs. Haven't tried on nodes.

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am

Yeah, somebody go ahead and see if shift+click works on nodes when other players are in the way. If so, this is a very simple fix.

d003232

#4 Post by d003232 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 am

Administrator wrote:Yeah, somebody go ahead and see if shift+click works on nodes when other players are in the way. If so, this is a very simple fix.
Yes it works that way. I just checked it.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

3cmSailorfuku

#5 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:43 am

Excuse me, but I have never had this problem. There could be 4 people standing infront of the node and the Bot would detect the node fine. :/
Hell, I can even click resources through walls and trees. Perhaps you should enable in the options "Click through players".

d003232

#6 Post by d003232 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 pm

3cmSailorfuku wrote:Perhaps you should enable in the options "Click through players".
??? I don't find a option like that? :(
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

3cmSailorfuku

#7 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:43 pm

d003232 wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote:Perhaps you should enable in the options "Click through players".
??? I don't find a option like that? :(
Weird, I have it in my interface options, It's the 6th Checkbox in the Control tab.

Administrator
Site Admin

#8 Post by Administrator » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:11 pm

I also don't have that version. Maybe it's because of an addon or something?

I have already uploaded a shift-click fix to SVN, but I'm not really sure how well it will work (if at all). Let me know.