ks farming strats

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
lisa

Re: ks farming strats

#141 Post by lisa » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:45 pm

with latest version of bot and MM you just need this in profile, it even does it when game is not focus, well it does for me anyway.

Code: Select all

<skill name="MAGE_THUNDERSTORM"             hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" inbattle="false" mobcount="3"/>	
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Ego95

#142 Post by Ego95 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:05 pm

That's right. You can put an other window in the forefround, but if you minimize the client it won't be able to cast thunderstorm :(

rock5

#143 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:13 am

Well, it should be able to, unless you are using a very old client and bot.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

wps

#144 Post by wps » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:28 pm

dear all,
I tried the KSmagma.xml, and in the last area it will cast leavegroup to go out of the instance.
It'll not kill the last group of frogs, and sometimes the char got killed by the frogs when waiting leavegroup porting.
I modified the WP, but it didn't work.
I am wondering if anyone have any idea, thanks.

<!-- # 142 --><waypoint x="2050" z="3274">
		local aggrotarget = player:findEnemy(true);
		while aggrotarget~= nil and aggrotarget.Alive do
			player:target(aggrotarget);
			player:fight();
			player:update();
			aggrotarget = player:findEnemy(true);
		end
		changeProfileOption("LOOT_ALL", false)
		changeProfileOption("LOOT", false)
		yrest(1000)
		sendMacro("LeaveParty();");
		waitForLoadingScreen(); 
		yrest(3000)
		player:update();
		__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("rerun"));	
	</waypoint>	

lisa

#145 Post by lisa » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:19 pm

If it is getting to that part of the waypoint and leaving party it means it thinks there is nothing to kill within the set range, so maybe just need to increase that range before that last waypoint and it might fix your issue.

Seems I don't even have that WP on this PC so I can't do it for you, so yeah just try to increase the value a couple of waypoints before that leaving party waypoint.

changeProfileOption("COMBAT_DISTANCE", 170)	
	changeProfileOption("MAX_TARGET_DIST", 180)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Jandrana

#146 Post by Jandrana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:47 am

That's right. You can put an other window in the forefround, but if you minimize the client it won't be able to cast thunderstorm
I have a small issue with thunderstorm: in certain situations the mouse position to place the aiming circle seems to be wrong. These seems to be the case if the char and the mob are in a certain distance, combined with a certain camera angle. This leads to the situation that the char does not look towards the mob that should be killed, but in the opposite direction and probably the aiming circle is being placed wrong (it can't be seen anywhere). Usually the bot aborts using thunderstorm, because mob does not take damage. Then a different spell is being used (lightning, flame etc.) that hits the mob.

At a specific location in KS this issue happens every time the bot reaches this location. But I have seen it at other locations too, so it seems to be a general problem.

I also have a question how the mouse and the aiming circle are done. I sometimes have a window that runs the bot in the background, while I am manually doing things in another client which is running in the foreground. It seems that mouse movement necessary for manual play have an effect for the window in the background (i.e. for thunderstorm). Can anybody confirm this? Should you avoid playing manually in a foreground window, if the background is using thunderstorm or similar stuff?

lisa

#147 Post by lisa » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:54 am

On occasions I have noticed that the skills where you need to target the "ground" can hit an obstruction on screen, even if you can't see it. If you zoom back though the object can be seen.
This may be occuring for you in some places, seems to happen more inside buildings with walk ways, not much can be done about that though =(
So yeah the reason you don't see the "circle" on the ground as it might actually be above and behind you, which would explain why the char turns round.

rock5

#148 Post by rock5 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:30 am

There are a number of things you can do to reduce problems with near invisible objects such as the sheets of light in ks. You can reduce COMBAT_DISTANCE so that you go through the obstruction before casting. You can zoom all the way in so you don't target things behind you. You can change your path so it approaches the mobs from a different angle that avoids the obstruction. And of course you can temporarily use other skills until you clear that area.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

wps

#149 Post by wps » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:19 am

lisa wrote:If it is getting to that part of the waypoint and leaving party it means it thinks there is nothing to kill within the set range, so maybe just need to increase that range before that last waypoint and it might fix your issue.

Seems I don't even have that WP on this PC so I can't do it for you, so yeah just try to increase the value a couple of waypoints before that leaving party waypoint.

changeProfileOption("COMBAT_DISTANCE", 170)	
	changeProfileOption("MAX_TARGET_DIST", 180)
Thanks lisa.
It seems ok now.

Jandrana

#150 Post by Jandrana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:27 am

Thx, lisa and rock5 for your comments and hints. If there is an obstruction, the problem should also occur in manual play? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will try to verify this.

Any comments regarding the "mouse problem" with background client?

rock5

#151 Post by rock5 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 am

Jandrana wrote:If there is an obstruction, the problem should also occur in manual play?
Yes it does.

Gripen

#152 Post by Gripen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 am

Hello everyone :D i play RoM from 3 Years, but happen upon this site relatively recently. I must admit that I am impressed.
I too tried some waypoints for Kalin Shrine.
First one was KS_KillZone_WIP. I have some problems with Thunderstorm Mage Skill, and with the Kill Zone's. Conclusion amazing waypoint but you don't have to use AoE spells if want to loot all mobs w/o pet asisting.
The secons was KSmagma.XML. Impressive work with AoE spells.Disadvantage here is that the bot won't loot and you must use a pet with pet perfume/25 Dia for one day. Anyway the big problem with KSmagma script is: when my char leave the instans, the Account is closing :? .Can you give me hint why that happening.

lisa

#153 Post by lisa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:40 am

does the game crash or is it logging out to the initial log in screen?

to loot yourself you just needed to delete the code that changed the loot profile options, making the bot loot though will drop the Gold/Hour in half, the 25 dias is well worth it for a full days farming even on servers where dias price is through the roof. If only doing a 6 hour farm a day then it is debatible whether the extra G/H is worth it.
Attachments
KSmagmaloot.xml
will Loot
(14.24 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

Gripen

#154 Post by Gripen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:54 am

Thank You Darling :) I will test the new waypoint immediately after the Unscheduled Maintenace.And Yes the Game is crashing after command sendMacro("LeaveParty();");. Later i will make the Prt Scr on MM window if the problem existing.

lisa

#155 Post by lisa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Gripen wrote:Thank You Darling :) I will test the new waypoint immediately after the Unscheduled Maintenace.
yep been offline more than 10 hours now, seems they broke something.
offline (for 644 min)

lisa

#156 Post by lisa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 am

back on topic, 1M/H over 46 hours, housemaid pots ran out after 24 hours lol
Attachments
gh46.jpg

Ego95

#157 Post by Ego95 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Well, it should be able to, unless you are using a very old client and bot.
rev 757 shouldn't be too old ;)

if I minimize my mage's window it prints the "Casting Thunderstorm, cast failed message" in micromacro. If I reopen the window I can see, how he is walking against some walls with many mobs attacking him. Then he is casting Thunderstorm normally. If I minimize the window I can tell you for 100% the window will put in the foreground when taking a screenshot of my dead char :D
But it seems only to be in ks

AlterEgo95

rock5

#158 Post by rock5 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 am

I know there are issues with Full Screen mode. Is the game in Full Screen or Window mode?

lisa

#159 Post by lisa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 am

I run KS minimised for hours and when I say hours I actually mean days, uses thunderstorm without any issues at all for me.
I run windowed mode and I think 800 X 600, I don't recall ever using the game in full screen in the entire time I have played it.

Ego95

#160 Post by Ego95 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:40 am

I'm always playing in window mode.
But I have to say, that I tried it last night and it worked without any problems. I don't know why my char always dies if I play manually at the same time. Each time I'm using my main character while my ks char is running in the background he dies :/

AlterEgo95