Elf Daily Help them grow with crossing water mount

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
wps

Elf Daily Help them grow with crossing water mount

#1 Post by wps » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:28 pm

I saw some people using mount can cross water to do this quest
They fly to the crystal and fly back to quest npc.
That's really quick, so I bought one too.
However, when click the crystal mounted, the mount disappeared.
Are they using hack or some tricks I don't know?

It's weird that I can't see those 2 people are invisible on the flying mount,
so I can't ask them directly,
but I'm sure they complete the quest, because when they are there I can use the crystal.

Is there any way to make this quest faster?
I try to set speed on land, but it draws back (, and too dangerous).
I try to set speed in water, but it seems doesn't work.

Thanks

wps

Re: Elf Daily Help them grow with crossing water mount

#2 Post by wps » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm

wps wrote: It's weird that I can't see those 2 people are invisible on the flying mount,
so I can't ask them directly,
but I'm sure they complete the quest, because when they are there I can use the crystal.
I saw another one using this trick now, and I asked him with private message,
but there was no response.

Finally I might realize the trick.
There are more than one characters on the mount!
It seems that the passengers do not dismount when using the crystal.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 pm

So you would be running 2 chars and only the second would be doing the quest, would take less time to run both chars just walking. 2 at the same time would be faster than 1 at a time on a 65% mount.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

McGuffin

#4 Post by McGuffin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:35 am

lisa wrote:So you would be running 2 chars and only the second would be doing the quest, would take less time to run both chars just walking. 2 at the same time would be faster than 1 at a time on a 65% mount.
I've done/do this on occasion. It takes 57 minutes exact to run 8 characters through, that includes time to come in from snoop. If 30/30 pots ever go on sale again it will be less. When I run it I do it manually and can see it is faster than the characters running in tandem, why they run in tandem (one follows the other) I do not know.

And to OP, buy the mount for a character on another account and Invite for Ride the characters you want to do this with. The passenger does not dismount when they activate the crystal. Then it is just a matter of mount->ride to crystal->alt tab->click crystal->alt tab->turn->alt tab->wait for crystal to pop->alt tab->ride back to turn in quest->alt tab-turn in quest/get new quest->repeat. All I can say is at least you are doing something then ENTIRE time. Seriously... 57 minutes of solid doing something over and over and over and over again.

As for the character with the mount now, not a waste. Throw a mage side on it, level to 55, buy uber Bloody gear and a wing or void staff and run KS all day on it. The mount will come in very handy.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:50 am

McGuffin wrote: All I can say is at least you are doing something then ENTIRE time. Seriously... 57 minutes of solid doing something over and over and over and over again.
I hope no one on this forum does anything repeatedly for an hour, this forum is for the RoMBot after all.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

McGuffin

#6 Post by McGuffin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:38 am

lisa wrote:
McGuffin wrote: All I can say is at least you are doing something then ENTIRE time. Seriously... 57 minutes of solid doing something over and over and over and over again.
I hope no one on this forum does anything repeatedly for an hour, this forum is for the RoMBot after all.
Left the game for about two years, came back and started this (Elfs) again for puris, was gonna stop again for good but found this site. I have stopped doing the Elf dailies completely as there seem to be better GPH stuffs to do.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:43 am

KS runs are by far the best G/H you can do without spending a tonne on gear first.
Doing dailies though you can do with a brand new char and not even bother to level it at all.

Best daily (speed for tokens) I know of is at heffner where you can do an entire raid all at the same time with just 1 character doing the work, if you have 10 accounts then run all 10 at the same time. 9 can just sit at the NPC while 1 goes and chats to the NPC's to complete the quest, obviously if you make 3 chars go out to chat to the NPC's it would be even faster but it would be more load on the PC, just sitting at NPC and targeting it with an addon to auto accept/complete uses much less PC resources.

The point I was making about the mounted thing is that you are using 2 characters but only 1 is actually doing the quest, if I was going to run 2 characters I would make them both quest at the same time which is much faster than making 1 quest at a time.

wps

#8 Post by wps » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:00 am

lisa wrote:The point I was making about the mounted thing is that you are using 2 characters but only 1 is actually doing the quest, if I was going to run 2 characters I would make them both quest at the same time which is much faster than making 1 quest at a time.
Exactly.
When I found out the truth of the trick, I don't want to use it.
Using the crossing water mount is not a good deal in this quest.

McGuffin

#9 Post by McGuffin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:02 pm

lisa wrote:KS runs are by far the best G/H you can do without spending a tonne on gear first.
Doing dailies though you can do with a brand new char and not even bother to level it at all.
Very true, I was pleasantly surprised when I found with a little extra gear I could solo KS on my M/P (55+). Since my system does not like running two bots at the same time I get the scut stuffs done as soon as I can (dailies/mini games) and then let loose the bot. Which is why I stopped the Elfs as all I was doing was selling the T5 cleans which on my server amounts to about 1.2M GPH (spread out over 5 days) and I can have the bot get 1.4M GPH every hour for six hours every day.
lisa wrote:Best daily (speed for tokens) I know of is at heffner where you can do an entire raid all at the same time with just 1 character doing the work, if you have 10 accounts then run all 10 at the same time. 9 can just sit at the NPC while 1 goes and chats to the NPC's to complete the quest, obviously if you make 3 chars go out to chat to the NPC's it would be even faster but it would be more load on the PC, just sitting at NPC and targeting it with an addon to auto accept/complete uses much less PC resources.
May have to move the Elf clan to Heffner.