Changelog 745 (RC3)

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

Re: Heads up! Big update comming. Public Release RC2 ready.

#261 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 am

I'm pretty sure I added all of the standard Warlock skills to the database plus a few elites. Although they may not be all set up correctly.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

883Dman

#262 Post by 883Dman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 pm

I unzipped to the scripts folder but I'm getting the error that my ingamefuntions folder is out of date. It works fine with the original rombot and should be the current one. 744. Any idea?

lisa

#263 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 pm

883Dman wrote:I unzipped to the scripts folder but I'm getting the error that my ingamefuntions folder is out of date.
It says something like, you have version 4 and need version 5. Copy the files from **** folder to **** folder.

Did you do what it told you to do?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

883Dman

#264 Post by 883Dman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

I did but it is possible I forgot to copy the userfunctions from rombot to the RC2 userfunction folder. I just did this now it is failing to index itemtypes.lua.
I copied my profiles and waypoints to the RC2 appropriate folders and use the startbot.bat to run it. See attachment.

I just hope the new version fixes "clearing target" issue. Warden dies all the time from it. Don't clear it, kill it!!! XD
Attachments
error.png
Last edited by 883Dman on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ego95

#265 Post by Ego95 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:23 pm

If I didn't understnd it wrong you have to put the whole RC2 folder into micromacro/scripts next to the "rom" folder !?

Btw: You censored your characters it asked you you want to play on, but you didn't censor the character it loads the profile of :D

883Dman

#266 Post by 883Dman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 pm

DOH! I have a cold and it is affecting my mental faculties.
Yeah. RC2 folder is in the same folder as the original rom. I assume I launch by typing rc2/bot instead of rom/bot to use RC2. The RC2 userfunctions folder was empty so i copied the rom userfunctions contents to it.

rock5

#267 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 am

883Dman wrote:it is failing to index itemtypes.lua.
There is no reason for that to fail. It hasn't even been changed, well not significantly anyway. Try copying all the rc2 files over again. If it still happens we will have to add a print message to try and figure out what is happening.
883Dman wrote:I just hope the new version fixes "clearing target" issue. Warden dies all the time from it. Don't clear it, kill it!!! XD
Well try it and let me know.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

botje

#268 Post by botje » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:59 am

it does'nt fix it im afraid, for me it still clears target, even when its very obvious i do damage xd

hitting for almost 10k damage, and then bot decides its not doing any :P

rock5

#269 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 am

botje wrote:it does'nt fix it im afraid, for me it still clears target, even when its very obvious i do damage xd

hitting for almost 10k damage, and then bot decides its not doing any :P
Explain a bit more the situation. Is this during a normal attack during a normal waypoint file? Is it with rbassist? Are you aggroed by multiple mobs. Are you in a party? When during the fight does it clear target? Are you using any code in onskillcast or onpreskillcast? Are you using any userfunctions that use registered event timers such as gmmonitor?

botje

#270 Post by botje » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:32 am

both normal and RBassist, more or 1 mobs, happens either way, alone and in party.

i use GMmonitor, and have code in both skill and preskill

lisa

#271 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 am

running my warden atm, been going for about an hour and no issues here.

maybe try playing with this

Code: Select all

<option name="MAX_FIGHT_TIME"     	value="20" />
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

883Dman

#272 Post by 883Dman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:40 am

Recopied everything on my second comp and seems to be working. Should be able to get it to work on my main PC soon. No idea what I did different unless i have an addon conflict on my main that is not present on my secondary PC.

883Dman

#273 Post by 883Dman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:01 pm

I did notice a bunch of failed casts and breaking target because it "wasn't damaging it" but that was after running all night, switching characters for dailies and such. I rebooted my comp and they went away so I think it is a memory issue. Perhaps partly from the micromacro and partly from ROM's inherent terrible memory management.

One problem I have, unrelated, is my eoj farm. The origninal eoj extinguish the flames quest works great. But I made a second set of waypoints for another flame spot and it crashes intermittently. I copied all the code from the original and just switched out the flame spots but I get an invalid memory read or something. Sometimes it can go for hours before crashing and sometimes in an hour or less. Happens with old rombot and new. I can repost this in another spot if you point me to the right place. I'll post a screenshot of the error when it happens again.

lisa

#274 Post by lisa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Been doing some testing today, TBH no idea what version of everything I am using atm but I am getting an issue constantly which never used to be an issue.

While at loadingscreen the bot used to stop doing romscripts and such, I think timers were "suspended" aswell, can;t remember for sure.

Pretty much everytime I go through a portal atm bot is crashing with either errors trying to use macros in game or the other is the ExpPerMin error printing to window tab (timed event).
[600] = "RoM Bot %s [%s] (%d,%d) - %d exp/min, %d minutes till level up",
The value is gotten direct from memory but obviously it will have issues doing that while in loadingscreen.

rock5

#275 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:30 am

Is this with normal waypoints or part bot etc? What can I try to reproduce the problem?

lisa

#276 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:53 am

since the issue is with setwindow and loading screen just do anything that makes you go through a portal.

I was farming DoD with party bot, MM crashed pretty much anytime I went through a portal with that error lol

rock5

#277 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:48 am

But I was going through portals when I was testing GoThroughPortal. I didn't get any errors then. Did you?

Budzer

#278 Post by Budzer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 am

Well probably same problem I've mentioned somewhere else, when bot simply doesn't recognise going trough portal. I've solved this by using gotroughportal userfunction. DK if it helps hope so...

lisa

#279 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:00 am

rock5 wrote:But I was going through portals when I was testing GoThroughPortal. I didn't get any errors then. Did you?
When I was testing the gothroughportal I was just doing it with commandline

I'll see if I get some time tomorrow to play around and hopefully work out why the error is occuring.

lisa

#280 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 pm

This is the error

Did not find any crashed game clients.
DEBUG: Script execution complete.
DEBUG: Check fail state.
12:27am - C:/micromacro52/scripts/rc2/functions.lua:489: bad argument #7 to 'string.format' (not a number in proper range)
DEBUG: Flash window.
DEBUG: Return from function 'run'.
I added a print which is the 0

print(player.ExpPerMin)
	local displayname = string.sub(profile, 1, 4) .. "****";
	if( (player.X ~= LAST_PLAYER_X) or (player.Z ~= LAST_PLAYER_Z) ) then
		setWindowName(getHwnd(), sprintf(language[600],
		BOT_VERSION, displayname, player.X, player.Z, player.ExpPerMin, player.TimeTillLevel));

LAST_PLAYER_X = player.X;
		LAST_PLAYER_Z = player.Z;
	end
Now the really interesting thing for me is the prints were showing something, weird.

I killed 1 mob for 509 xp, then started to zone in and out, it kept the numbers over 10mil for a good 20 seconds, gradually going down. Then after this zoning it went up to 13 mil. No more killing still just that 1 mob for 509 xp.

Not in game. Waiting till you reenter game... 
Must be an issue with the calculation and at some stage it went to a number it wouldn't print with %d