Is there a way to edit a waypoint profile?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Zinc

Is there a way to edit a waypoint profile?

#1 Post by Zinc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 am

I just laid out a gathering profile, and it needs some tweaks, but i don't know how to do it! Do i have to run it all over again to include the few extras waypoints i need and correct some others that gets my character stuck?
I tought about manually editing the waypoints profile, but i don't know how to get the waypoint coords i need without runing the createpath.lua.
Any help dearly apreciated!

d003232

Re: Is there a way to edit a waypoint profile?

#2 Post by d003232 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:40 am

Zinc wrote:Do i have to run it all over again to include the few extras waypoints i need and correct some others that gets my character stuck?
Yes that's it. I do it for myselfe the way, that I start micromacro 2x times. If I see something wrong, then I save that waypoint/the new waypoint with the second micromacro window and save it as 'temp'. Then I open that temp file with an editor and copy/past the new code into the original waypoint file. It is very helpful to have a exitor with line numbers. I'm using the textpad editor (download here). By that way, the editing process goes very fast.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Zinc

#3 Post by Zinc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:26 am

Never tought about opening 2 micromacros lol, that sure helps alot!

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 am

d003232 wrote:
Zinc wrote:Do i have to run it all over again to include the few extras waypoints i need and correct some others that gets my character stuck?
Yes that's it. I do it for myselfe the way, that I start micromacro 2x times. If I see something wrong, then I save that waypoint/the new waypoint with the second micromacro window and save it as 'temp'. Then I open that temp file with an editor and copy/past the new code into the original waypoint file. It is very helpful to have a exitor with line numbers. I'm using the textpad editor (download here). By that way, the editing process goes very fast.

Or you could just write on a piece of paper at what Waypoints theres an additional one missing. You don't really need an texteditor with line support since the numbers infront of the waypoints indicate it.

d003232

#5 Post by d003232 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:52 am

3cmSailorfuku wrote:
d003232 wrote:Or you could just write on a piece of paper at what Waypoints theres an additional one missing. You don't really need an texteditor with line support since the numbers infront of the waypoints indicate it.
My harvesting routes have > 100 nodes. And after correcting wrong nodes and add some missing new nodes, the numbering isn't correct anymore. Therby it is very helpful for me to have the numbering from the editor.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Czachaaa

#6 Post by Czachaaa » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Btw. Let's meybe create a new thread and post there our math's waypoints files :) It should help a lot to get more places to farm :)
What do you think about it?

3cmSailorfuku

#7 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:23 am

d003232 wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote:
d003232 wrote:Or you could just write on a piece of paper at what Waypoints theres an additional one missing. You don't really need an texteditor with line support since the numbers infront of the waypoints indicate it.
My harvesting routes have > 100 nodes. And after correcting wrong nodes and add some missing new nodes, the numbering isn't correct anymore. Therby it is very helpful for me to have the numbering from the editor.
Not sure if you know, but the numbering inside the micromacro window that is displayed, is taken from the actual numbering infront of the waypoints. Has nothing todo with the actual linecount. So if you have 3 waypoints merged ranging from 1-20, you endup with a total linecount of 60. But inside the micromacro window you will only see it actually ranging from 1-20, because the numbering is false inside the waypoints.

Perhaps you might be using a private modification that will output the counted lines in the waypoint file, so that it displays the correct position inside the micromacro window for every waypoint. That makes jumping to lines essential, but on the "vanilla" version the decimals infront of the waypoints are being read. You could put 9999999999999 there, but such a line simply doesn't exist. So it's way easier to just scroll down and look when your waypoint number appears. Especially when you are using merged tables.