Rock5's Mail Mods

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
japanac

Re: Rock5's Mail Mods

#341 Post by japanac » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:21 pm

11:13pm - ...ts/rom/userfunctions/addon_Rock5s_Mail_Functions.lua:218: Argument
#2 to UMM_SendMoney(): Expected type 'number' or text value 'all'.

Code: Select all

UMM_SendMoney("character", "300000"); yrest (2000);
Anybody know why ?

Ok i find "300000" no need "".

Jandrana

#342 Post by Jandrana » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:45 am

Can somebody please explain the "sending limit" that might cause a relog when using the UMM user functions?

If I play regularly, I never encountered this limit.

I wrote two scripts:
- one char is buying belts in limo desert and is sending it to another char
- second script uses a char that takes the belts out of the mailbox and is building
mana stones and finally sends these mana stones to a third char.

To synchronize both scripts I'm using the party chat monitor provided by lisa: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=3409.

The scripts works for a while and suddenly the char sending belts does a relog. This breaks the event monitor and the scripts can no longer synchronize. Any suggestions how to avoid this?

rock5

#343 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:56 am

It relogs when it encounters the limit so that means if it didn't relog it would have failed to send. From memory the limit is about 60 mails all at once. After that you can only send about 2 mails every minute, or is it 1 mail every 2 minutes? I don't remember.

There is no other way to send large amounts of mail without waiting really long times. So maybe you need to find another way to keep your clients synchronized. Could you restart the chat monitor perhaps?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Jandrana

#344 Post by Jandrana » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:46 am

Thx, rock.

Do you know, how long it takes until the "mail send inhibit" status is being reset?
Could you restart the chat monitor perhaps?
Huh, I don't know how this monitor stuff works. As far as I understood this is related to the igf_events addon, which is being reloaded if a relog happens.

I could stop the monitor before sending mails and start the monitor afterwards. Otherwise I don't have an idea, how the chat monitor could be restarted. Would this be a viable solution?

rock5

#345 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:23 am

Jandrana wrote:Do you know, how long it takes until the "mail send inhibit" status is being reset?
Not really, it's very hard to measure but it would still be a very long time. There might not even be a reset time. For example if you can only send 2 mails per minute then you might have to wait 30min before you can send 60 mails again. Those numbers are just examples, I'm not sure how long you would actually have to wait.
Jandrana wrote:I could stop the monitor before sending mails and start the monitor afterwards.
I'm not sure what messages you are watching for but if you can start the monitor again after checking your mail then that would be a solution. I don't believe you need to stop the monitor. If you start the monitor when it is already started it just resets the messages.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Ego95

#346 Post by Ego95 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Is it possible, that your modified addon doesn't work well with german clients? Now I'm using the normal addon because your modified one gets stuck while loading the mails. Is says something like Refreshing Mailbox but it doesn't finish. Any solutions?

rock5

#347 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't think so. UMM is designed to be multilingual and even has a german language file. And no one has reported such a problem before either. Maybe it's something to do with your system. Maybe a clashing addon.

Ego95

#348 Post by Ego95 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:54 am

Okay. Well, then I'm going to try a reinstallation of the addon :-)

langelot

#349 Post by langelot » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:01 pm

i don't know why but i cannot use "TakeMail" anymore, it stuck on taking mail and doesn't loot attached item... it happens after updating to last version th game
some ideas?

rock5

#350 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:09 am

Are you using the latest version of this userfunction? It's currently at version 1.80.

CrazyGuy

#351 Post by CrazyGuy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm

I'm not sure if it still works, but what i use to do was just change channels and you could send more mail, rather than logging in and logging out.

rock5

#352 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah I know, but some servers don't have extra channels so changing channels wouldn't be a solution on all servers.

Ego95

#353 Post by Ego95 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Since I posted this error a month ago I've reinstalled it a few times but it doesn't work.
Is it possible, that your modified addon doesn't work well with german clients? Now I'm using the normal addon because your modified one gets stuck while loading the mails. Is says something like Refreshing Mailbox but it doesn't finish. Any solutions?
The refreshing mailbox appears but nothing happens. After 10 minutes it's still there :D
So loading mails is impossible.

rock5

#354 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm

I don't know. It seems to work ok for me. I did have an issue once where after a farming session, the first time it went to the mailbox, it couldn't send. It even relogged, which is what it does now, but it couldn't send. In the end I had to totally restart the game. Does it never work? Have you tried restarting the game and then reruning the script?

Ego95

#355 Post by Ego95 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 pm

I usually completely restart rom after installing an addon. I don't have a script where it has to send something per mail but I want to add it in some scripts. But if the addon doesn't work manually for me, then I don't have to add anything to my scripts. I love this addon, so it should work too if I'm not botting :D

rock5

#356 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't know. Maybe it's clashing with something.

delay84

#357 Post by delay84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I have the same problem like AlterEgo95. Also running the german client. It gets stuck while loading the mails. After changing the tab to "sending" and switch back it shows me the mails. I can take out the items (nice speed!!) but it doesn't delete the mails. Close Mailbox and reopen it effects that i don't see the mails any more. After relog and the same procedure i can see them again, but if i want to delete them it stucks again.

Tested with a fresh installation of ROM without any other addons. Perhaps the screenshots of the errors will help.
Attachments
UMM_2.jpg
UMM_1.jpg

rock5

#358 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 pm

delay84 wrote:I have the same problem like AlterEgo95. Also running the german client.
Thanks for the error messages. This has actually been reported before but I never posted the fix. Sorry. I'll update it now. It will be version 1.2

rock5

#359 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm

It's funny how no one noticed that there was 2 copies of UltimateMailMod addon on the first post and no userfunction. How long has it been like that? Probably since I updated the userfunction to 1.80. Does that mean no one has been using the new features of 1.80 until now?

Budzer

#360 Post by Budzer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:28 am

DK how old is 1.8, but I remember downloading it like a week ago...

BTW. is there a way to send all gold except some fixed value something like "all-1000" ?