Bot not working with version 5.0.2.2565.en

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
_hirondelle

Re: Bot not working with version 5.0.2.2565.en

#21 Post by _hirondelle » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am

copy the devtools folder into RunesOfMagic/Interface/Addons

gloover

#22 Post by gloover » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:34 am

_hirondelle wrote:copy the devtools folder into RunesOfMagic/Interface/Addons
Not devtools! The folder you mean is INGAMEFUNCTIONS inside of devtools!

Everything works fine, as usual - big thx to rock and lisa again!

lisa

#23 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:45 am

gloover wrote: Everything works fine, as usual - big thx to rock and lisa again!
All thanks go to Rock, I did nothing but heckle from the sidelines this time lol

Anyone still having issues follow the instructions in my sig =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:15 am

If you copied the 'ingamefunctions' folder to the games 'addon' folder correctly then you need to restart the game for the changes to take affect. Or type "/script ReloadUI()" in the games chat.

Version 4 is just a version number that it checks to see if the ingamefunctions folder has been updated. The ingamefunctions folder changed in revision 736 so the number changed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

_hirondelle

#25 Post by _hirondelle » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 am

gloover wrote:
_hirondelle wrote:copy the devtools folder into RunesOfMagic/Interface/Addons
Not devtools! The folder you mean is INGAMEFUNCTIONS inside of devtools!

Everything works fine, as usual - big thx to rock and lisa again!
woups...
Wanna say the devtools contents... Ty to correct me :)

abron1

#26 Post by abron1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:41 pm

having the same problem sorry for my post i didn't see this post at first

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:50 pm

What can I say? The solution has been posted many times. If you still have the message that ingamefunctions is out of date then you aren't following the instructions properly. Re-read them again more carefully and try again.

Lisa's signature instructions are a good example:
Can't get bot to work? follow these instructions before posting, thank you.
1. SVN update micromacro/scripts/rom folder
2. SVN revert micromacro/scripts/rom folder
3. delete Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons/ingamefunctions folder
4. copy micromacro/scripts/rom/devtools/ingamefunctions folder to Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons folder
5. restart game
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

_hirondelle

#28 Post by _hirondelle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:51 am

version 4 of ingamefunctions...

Did you try to delete ingamefunctions folder , update and copy again ?
(RoM stop during copy and launch after)

abron1

#29 Post by abron1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:01 am

i did man i think its something with my computer because it will show that i copied it to that folder but when i restart the game its won't work

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Lisa used to talk about an issue where when she changed files they wouldn't change even though it seemed that it did. Maybe you are having that issue. I don't know the particulars but maybe she can help you.

abron1

#31 Post by abron1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 pm

well hopefully she can help me out because the only way i can add files to the addon folder is if i unzip it from my downloads folder to that folder and since i don't have a zipped copy of the new user function to put there i will be stuck until i figure out why my stuff won't copy right...but thanks for the responses.

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 pm

It was an issue with Win 7 for me, at some stage I had changed the properties of a folder to "compatability mode". This created a copy of that folder which cannot be seen by the user and so no matter how many times you edited the files in the folder or even deleted them it would still do the same thing because the folder/files still existed in the background.

So I had to remove the "compatability mode" for that folder and it was fine again.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:56 am

I don't think I ever saw a "compatability mode" for folders. How do you change it, for future reference?

abron1

#34 Post by abron1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:37 am

from what i see the folder is set to read only and i have tried to go into the properties to change it but the settings won't save

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:19 am

Folders always say read only. It's only for changing values of the files in the folder. You need to look at the actual file properties to see if they are read only.

abron1

#36 Post by abron1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 am

all my folders are read only and when i try to change the main folder the changes won't take affect looked round on the net but some understand how to fix the problem

rock5

#37 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:51 am

I don't think folders have "Read Only" attributes. When you see "Read Only" in the properties
readonly.jpg
you'll notice the box isn't clear but it isn't ticked either. That is not telling you the read access of the folder, it's just a control for changing the read access of the files inside the folder. If you tick it, it write protects the files in the folder. If you clear it, it will clear the read only attribute of the files in the folder. As the picture says, it "only applies to the files in the folder" not the folder itself. "Hidden" on the other hand, actually shows you the hidden state of the folder.

So did you check the files in the folder? Are they read only?

abron1

#38 Post by abron1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:01 am

yes i checked and there read only also can someone send me a zip file of the folder then it will allow me to extract it into the addon folder that is how i have done my other addons to make them work

abron1

#39 Post by abron1 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 pm

well it's been a week and tried everything i know to do to update my ingamefuctions folder and i am sorry to report that I failed lol so if anyone can send me a zip file from here i would be greatful. i tried to zip it myself and do it but that didn't work either.

rock5

#40 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Maybe somehow you don't have ownership of the folder. Not quite sure how it could happen, maybe if you copied it from somewhere else. If you have administative access to your pc you can take ownership.

To check and take ownership of the folder,
- Right click folder
- select 'Properties'
- Open 'Security' tab
From here you should be able to see what authority you have
- Click 'Advanced'
- Open 'Owner' tab
Here you can see who is the actual owner of the folder. It should be you or sometimes Administrators. If not, to take ownership,
- click 'Edit'
- Select your account
- Tick 'Replace owner on subcontainers and objects'
- Click 'OK'

Then try and unproctect your files again.