RoM Memory help

You can find tutorials and ask questions about memory editing here. You may also post any game-specific information you find (ie. cheat tables or addresses).
srounet

RoM Memory help

#1 Post by srounet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:01 am

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to learn how to read memory from other process, and Runes Of Magic is my testing subject.
I'm using Cheat Engine to read from the process.

I'm searching for the current hp offset and each time i launch the game the addr changes.

ex : first time : 2CD1FD4C
sec time : 2CADDF4C

As I'm a beginner, i would like to know why the addr is not always the same, and how can i catch this addr each time i launch a new instance of the game.

Thank you, and forgive me if this is not the good forum to ask for help.

[EDIT]

I've found my HP at this address : 14A300DC
Do you think it's correct ? Each time i re-launch the game the value is correct at this addr.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: RoM Memory help

#2 Post by Administrator » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm

It moves because of DMA. That is, the memory location is created dynamically when the game opens. You'll have to look up pointers to be effective. All of the information is discussed here with tutorials on looking up pointers here.

srounet

Re: RoM Memory help

#3 Post by srounet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Well i learned a lot today and finally I'm starting to find some interesting things.

I answered there : http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 3963#p3963

updabs

RoM Memory help

#4 Post by updabs » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi all
Im new here and i wish to know whats the main element that makes RAM a volatile memory and ROM is a non volatile memory?
And ROM = HDD??
Thanks in advance