[Discussion] Botting the New Broswer-Based Client

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Blyad

[Discussion] Botting the New Broswer-Based Client

#1 Post by Blyad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:17 am

i tried the new browser client recently released on the EU servers. its simply a rom client cloud hosted via a java application. has anyone attempted to run the bot through it yet?

the potential gain is expodential, i mean i can open 4 oldschoo clients per netbook where as i can open 16 of the new client on the same system. that's 4times as many golden eggs using the same resources, or charge farming 4 times faster.

so Rock,Admin,lisa,

the question is, can we exploit this?

lisa

Re: [Discussion] Botting the New Broswer-Based Client

#2 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:43 am

interesting, was it released by frogster?

Had a browse, it is an official thing.
They haven't said it was done by frogster though, seems another software company may have done it, not sure at this stage.

Still an interesting idea.

https://forum.runesofmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1525
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:16 am

Addresses are deffinately different.

moneyptr = 0x4347E64

Current normal client = 0x9DDD9C

Ping was unstable for me.

It looks good and i easily leveled new char to lvl 10.

As for botting there will be a few issues.
I don't see a way to have addons.
Would have to find all the addresses again. Not sure I could get Olly to work with it as it isn't an exe file on PC.
I had a look for the class name and such but it was all embeded in the web browser so not sure what we would need for it.

So basically it would be hard to get bot up and running
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Budzer

#4 Post by Budzer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:02 pm

as for addonw they are working, just different location (don't remember, as I am not using browser version)

During tests I can say, that it requires more resources (CPU/RAM). Changing zones is real pain. Even opening new vendor equals downloading textures of the shop each time. Only one good thing to say it is working a bit better than normal client, but still after 20-30min of gameplay I got crash, so I decided to stay with normal client.

One more thing, as I remember this is first beta and will probably be closed on middle of January.

bmt

#5 Post by bmt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:27 pm

%appdata%\Kalydo\KalydoPlayer\content\apps\RunesOfMagic\Interface\Addons

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Something I found interesting though.

I made a new account and new character using the webpage and when I entered the game the actionbar was already set up but I recognised the setup. It was the setup of a character I have on another server. So it seemed to me it was getting info from the installed version of RoM.
bmt wrote:appdata%\Kalydo\KalydoPlayer\content\apps\RunesOfMagic\Interface\Addons
Thanks, I'll have a look

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm

lisa wrote:So it seemed to me it was getting info from the installed version of RoM.
Is it using the same folder for the saved variables?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:21 pm

rock5 wrote:Is it using the same folder for the saved variables?
Very possible, unfortunately I used normal client afterwards with same character so when I look in savedvariables I can't tell if it was saved from the web based or only from the client.

I can test it if a make a new character, might do it tonight.

--=== edit ===--

Pre existing character with same name had it's action bar changed to the same as new chars. So yeah I would say it uses same folders/files for saving info.

Could probably do up something purely for Millers using the web based.
I noticed that on my laptop with 3gig ram there is about 18% difference in memory usage between client and web based.

So I could see loading up many more web based then normal clients.

It would be a pain to find all of the addresses we currently use though. So could start with just the ones needed for millers and make up a special folder that would just run millers. So doesn't look for any mobs and so on.

My first thought was just to use update.lua but since the moneyptr address was very different it means the search parameter for update.lua would be so far off it wouldn't find the address needed.

Budzer

#9 Post by Budzer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:36 pm

A friend of mine after crash of web client, has everything messed up on normal client, so definitely same variables.

rubenr

#10 Post by rubenr » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:01 am

I'm not a programmer and im preety naive about the question i'm about to make, but, since the ROM can be played from a java application, ¿is it possible to make a client/program/bot? which will "emulate" a connection with the server and be able to bot with nothing more than a DOS window?

Something like (ill let my mind fly a bit)
"Connecting to the rom server"
"Selecting character"
"Player is at "map" at coordinates xx,xx"
etc, etc.

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:23 am

rubenr wrote:I'm not a programmer and im preety naive about the question i'm about to make, but, since the ROM can be played from a java application, ¿is it possible to make a client/program/bot? which will "emulate" a connection with the server and be able to bot with nothing more than a DOS window?

Something like (ill let my mind fly a bit)
"Connecting to the rom server"
"Selecting character"
"Player is at "map" at coordinates xx,xx"
etc, etc.
Sure. If you want to decrypt every packet that the game uses.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 am

Ok I have it using addons now, interesting thing though is the memory usage went through the roof when I added in the addons.

So comparison to client with to web I did earlier isn't accurate as client had addons and web based didn't.

With addons Web Based is now using 30% more memory then client on my laptop with 3gig ram.

I think I will need to do more testing on this to get accurate values.

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 am

Well I have the class info using Winspector but I can't seem to get it working, there seem to be layers lol
webbased class.png
Any thoughts?

My first thought it would be this
web2.png
But when I used the target thing from winspector is showed up the top image.

kuchen91

#14 Post by kuchen91 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:19 am

lisa wrote:Ok I have it using addons now, interesting thing though is the memory usage went through the roof when I added in the addons.

So comparison to client with to web I did earlier isn't accurate as client had addons and web based didn't.

With addons Web Based is now using 30% more memory then client on my laptop with 3gig ram.

I think I will need to do more testing on this to get accurate values.
what you can say about the cpu - consume of the browser client?

ps: a clientless bot would be awesome.

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 am

I haven't had a chance to do a full comparison of client V web based for PC resources yet.

My earlier posts were just things I noticed but in no way did I investigate them to see how accurate. Something I did notice though is that when the web based crashes the process stays running and isn't closed at all, which means it is still using up precious PC resources like memory.

Can't use olly on the web based, which is how I get addresses after patches but should be able to addapt the update.lua to work on web based.

Issues will be
1. attaching: which I don't know how to attach to something that is embedded in a web browser.
2. Finding all of the addresses needed, they will need to be found the same way they were found originally. Can't just do it like we do after a patch.

onewhoknows

#16 Post by onewhoknows » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:02 pm

I looked into this - basically, you are still playing the native RoM client. The difference is that it has been broken up into chunks so that it can be played while the rest is downloaded. The technology used boasts that you don't have to make major changes to the game code to work with the system.

Basically what you have is the following chain:

browser ->java -> KalydoPlayer -> RoMclient

The browser runes the KalydoPlayer in a java environment. The player then loads the RoMclient and thus you start playing.

The client is not written in java. it is just being hosted by a java application.

Looking through the file system for the browser version, all the normal files are there - except for launcher.exe and client.exe - there is however a client.dll - I'm guessing that client.exe was re-worked to be a dll that is then loaded by the KalydoPlayer, and then the game goes on from there normally

Obviously, this is just an educated guess based on quick research.

I would wonder if the performance of the game will go down as more of the content gets downloaded. The thought of playing Rom with Three applications providing resource overheads (browser + java + kalydoPlayer instead of just straight RoM) doesn't sit right with me...

Blyad

#17 Post by Blyad » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 am

it would really depends on how efficiently the client clears the Cache as it's downloading, or if it does at all.

jduartedj

#18 Post by jduartedj » Tue May 22, 2012 3:43 am

I don't mean to go off topic here But IF the web based is the normal client but in chunks to reduce load AND the main purpose of using web baesd would be golden eggs THEN why not try to, INSTEAD, «lighten» up the regular client while in instances such as Miller's ranch, I really don't think the server would check if we have TREES on our client or not SO, less tress = less graphic load and resources... Anyway I was also able to set the view distance to less than the client's minimum but changing the ini file SO it does half the «lightning» work for me, currently I can't see anything past my horse and the bot runs fine!

---

JUST updated myself and found out Golden Eggs have been busted! Well my line of though is still valid or maybe we can (and this is reaching *REALLY* far) re-enable the golden eggs... still are bound but for pet lvling is sweet and gives millers cakes which are useful. But main idea here it to hack the instances so that they can be swiftly ran with minimal loading.
Also what if the view distance = 0 ?? haven't tried it but will the game/bot work? will it load ANYTHING?
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Tue May 22, 2012 5:35 am

Yeah I did a lot of work on models and such a while back, reduced the amount of memory required to play the game by a tonne, basically from 700MB down to 100MB.

Can't recall where the topic is I was posting on.

jduartedj

#20 Post by jduartedj » Tue May 22, 2012 5:39 am

Then I don't understand why wasn't this proposed to include in the Bot? This feat is very significant to my point of view....
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates