Grabbing Specific Sigils while botting?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jrb913

Grabbing Specific Sigils while botting?

#1 Post by jrb913 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Is it possible to create a code that will make it to where you only grab the Talent point sigils while botting, and ignore all other sigils? This would be a very useful function for me.

rock5

Re: Grabbing Specific Sigils while botting?

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 am

That makes sense. Why pick up Magic Attack sigils if you're a melee fighter or vice versa. But do you want to just not pick up the obvious ones like that or do you want the option to specifically select which sigils to pick up?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

abron1

#3 Post by abron1 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 am

the option to pick would be nice..

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:30 am

Seeing as the default behabiour is to get all sigils, maybe the option should be which sigils shouldn't be picked up. I think that might be easier. What do you think?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

jrb913

#5 Post by jrb913 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:01 am

sounds perfect!!!!

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:56 am

I've been thinking of how to specify the sigil names. If we used the proper name like some of the other options it would look like this as an example

Code: Select all

<option name="IGNORE_SIGIL_LIST" value="Attack,Defense" />
This is intended to ignore Attack Sigils and Defense Sigils. But if I do a string match it will match "Magical Attack Sigil" and "Magical Defense Sigil". We could do full string matching in which case we would have to specify the full name of the sigils but that seems long winded. Also it might not be obvious what the name of the sigils is as it doesn't show it. The other option is to use code words such as patt, matt, xp, tp, regen, heal etc.

So what do you think is better, using the whole name (which could probably also support other languages) or use code words?

jrb913

#7 Post by jrb913 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:42 am

Well, I can see the benefit of both ways. I personally like the shorter names, but the full names can be easier in the long run. That way you wouldn't have to "localize" it for all clients I would guess. On the other hand, I doubt you would have to set the option more than once, unless you decide to code it into each of the waypoints. This being said, I'd probably go with the full names. I'd also probably put in a side comment on what the names are, so they can put them in themselves more easily. This would help the people that don't know the names.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:15 am

jrb913 wrote:That way you wouldn't have to "localize" it for all clients I would guess
With the short names you wouldn't have to "localize it" because they names would would be used to refer to the ids of the sigils. With long names I can match the names directly to the sigil name so users would add the names of the sigils in their own language.
jrb913 wrote: I'd also probably put in a side comment on what the names are, so they can put them in themselves more easily. This would help the people that don't know the names.
I'm not sure. There are like 6 sigils I think. Probably take too much room. And I'd only be able to list the names of 1 language but the names would be particular to the language the user uses. What I might do is have the bot print the sigil name when it collects it. That way the users can see what the names are.

I think I agree though, long names are better.

Ps. So let me see if I can remember all the sigils.
  • Attack Sigil
    Defense Sigil
    Experience Sigil
    Healing Sigil
    Magic Attack Sigil
    Regeneration Sigil
    Talent Sigil
So that's 7. Surprising that there is no mp recovery sigils.

jrb913

#9 Post by jrb913 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:36 pm

I think the printing of the sigil names would be perfect. In the long run, that would probably be best/easiest.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:30 am

Ok. It's committed to revision 713. Just add, for example

Code: Select all

<option name="SIGILS_IGNORE_LIST"	value="Attack Sigil,Defense Sigil,Experience Sigil" />
to the options section of your profile.

jrb913

#11 Post by jrb913 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 pm

tyvm, this will be extremely helpful.

Budzer

#12 Post by Budzer » Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 am

@rock5 there is one more for mdeff ;)

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Budzer wrote:@rock5 there is one more for mdeff ;)
That's ok. I didn't end up creating a list of names or ids or anything. It just compares the name of the actual sigil with the list in your profile.