Converting a waypoint file to use teleport functions

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Boris-The-Blade

Converting a waypoint file to use teleport functions

#1 Post by Boris-The-Blade » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:43 am

Creating a waypoint file :

First, open micromacro and run "rom/createpath". This will set you on your path creation ways. I'll skip this part for now, as most should probably be fairly familiar with it. For this to work, you'll need to fully read Rock5's teleport function, which is located here on the subforums "waypoints", installed, and installed correctly. Secondly, be careful not to use this in open areas.

Secondly :

Opening up your finished waypoint path :

First located and open your waypoint path you've created and would like to convert to a teleport path. Opening with notepad should work fine. Now, let's say you have a entire waypoint file, inside a particular instance, and it's ok to turn on teleporting for the entire waypoint file. Note, as mentioned by Rock5, it's pretty important not to teleport around in public, so play with this inside a instance until you get used to it. Now that you've opened up your waypoint file, let's go ahead and add this, exactly, on the onload portion at the top of the waypoint file.

before :

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
	<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="-1456" z="2190" y="-380">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  2 --><waypoint x="-1505" z="2146" y="-380">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-1504" z="2190" y="-380">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  6 --><waypoint x="-1721" z="2197" y="-479">	</waypoint>
and after :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>

<onLoad>
    function portToNextWP()
        local nextWP = __WPL.Waypoints[__WPL.CurrentWaypoint]
        teleport( nextWP.X, nextWP.Z, nextWP.Y)
    end
</onLoad>

<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="-1456" z="2190" y="-380">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  2 --><waypoint x="-1505" z="2146" y="-380">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-1504" z="2190" y="-380">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  6 --><waypoint x="-1721" z="2197" y="-479">	</waypoint>
Now, you have the beginning of your teleport file. Now, for the next part, you'll want to start marking exactly which teleport waypoints within your file you'll want to be using. On each waypoint you'd like to use a teleport, you'll need a specific line of code on :

portToNextWP()
This line of code will instruct RoMbot to teleport to your next chronological waypoint. As of the userfunction now, onload is no longer a requirement and need not be put in the header of your waypoint file. If you encounter problems for whatever reason, you can include it on the header as a backup method for calling it.. It has a few functions, and can be used as :

portToNextWP() ---> Will teleport the user to the next chronological waypoint in the list
teleportToIndex() ---> Will teleport user to the next chronological waypoint, without need of the onload section
portToNextWP(numberhere) ---> Will teleport user to the specified waypoint.

<!-- #  9 --><waypoint x="1334" z="2911" y="318">	portToNextWP() </waypoint>
Now, RoMbot will recognize waypoint 9, and after having successully run to it, teleport to waypoint 10. Remember to add the function portToNextWP() for each waypoint you'd like to teleport to, which can actually be used in different ways as instructed on Rock5's page. It's a little tricky to get down in the beginning, but after some practice it will serve you well.
Last edited by Boris-The-Blade on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:00 am, edited 5 times in total.

rock5

Re: Converting a waypoint file to use teleport functions

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 am

Nice, but there is already a "teleportToWP(index)" in the userfunction file. If you leave out "index" it will default to the next wp. So no need for the onLoad function and just use

teleportToIndex()
instead of

portToNextWP()
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Boris-The-Blade

How-to : Dummies guide to creating teleporting waypoints

#3 Post by Boris-The-Blade » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks rock, I never had a lot of luck getting that setup right after hours of learning the teleport function last night and making waypoint files. I think your teleport function thread actually has it as "teleporttonextWP(index)", which I could never get to work. Thanks for the info though, I'll stick teleporttoindex in there and see what happens. Still learning myself, but glad to have it going now :)

Also, I will add it here, once I understand it exactly. But how while creating a waypoint inside an instance, can you invoke the swim hack? Wanting to add that to future tp waypoints myself, but focusing on staying on teleporting until i get the ropes down. Thanks for the help, I changed the original post.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:47 am

if using create path when you want to add code press numpad 0 and then type the code you want, for fly you want fly() and then flyoff() to turn off flying.

You can also just edit the code in after you have finished using createpath.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:22 am

I think he meant how do you invoke fly so you can mark waypoints in the air while creating the waypoint. Just start the commandline in another instance of micromacro and type fly() or flyoff() when needed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Boris-The-Blade

#6 Post by Boris-The-Blade » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 am

Oh man, that's super helpful. Thanks guys.

Lisa that's perfect. I've been going back and manually editing lowbie instance waypoint files to include teleport over the last week, and attempting to make about 5 different instance runs for lower characters to put on the waypoint sub-forum. This will help immensely.

Rock5 your right on, I was hoping to start it up to make fly waypoints as I go, which should help a lot in FA at least. I'll try that here in the next few minutes and see how it does, but that should help out a lot and speed things up.

Appreciate the help thus far guys, hopefully I can give back a little and upload some dependable lower instance waypoint files in the subforum this week from it, as I didn't see a lot of them there.

MiesterMan

#7 Post by MiesterMan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:53 pm

This is funny, I created an addon like this that would toggle between regular walking and all teleporting. How it worked was you would use a toggle to tell when you're safely in a dungeon then it replaced the moveto function with a modified version that teleported to the next waypoint. The addon also made it so looting was done by teleporting so you could remove the second attempt to loot and the time needed past looting the corpse.

There was also a toggle to be used before exiting a dungeon so everything would be set back to normal. The reason I never posted the addon is that there were some glitches I never worked out before quitting this game entirely. First, if you move along too quickly, you'll get rubber banded back to a prior waypoint. I needed to add a check using a timer to see if the next waypoint actuall got substantially further away and goto the nearest waypoint if it did. Second, this required waypoint files to have the y coordinated recorded and most of the ones I was using for dungeons did not. You can't teleport up inclines up your bot doesn't know it's going up, :lol: ..