YAKSS - Yet Another KS Script

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
BillDoorNZ

YAKSS - Yet Another KS Script

#1 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Just uploading a script that I've been playing with for a few weeks now for a ranged dps (scout) for farming KS. It aint perfect - sometimes it accidentally pulls the first boss and can get confused.

This is a modified version of my personal one as my personal one has a heap of other stuff in it that is non-standard bot stuff.

Features
[*] Uses the new KillZone feature to restrict the mobs that will be targetted (hopefully no more targetting through walls)
[*] Uses the buff foods
[*] Autouses Teaching Certs
[*] Disables looting if Magic Perfume is used
[*] Check progress against a set of times (see KSCheckTiming) and resets the instance if taking too long (i.e. stuck etc)
[*] If resetting fails, will recall to logar and runs a waypoint to run character back (not included, so you will need to build this if you want it
[*] Autocalculates min loot value using luck pointer (thanks rock) and drops anything under that value - see KSSetLootValue and KSCheckForFullInventory(uses CleanBag)

Userfunctions required
[*] UseGoodie_universal http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 952#p21952
[*] SwimHack http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2765
[*] Rocks Teleport http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2721
[*] CleanBag http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2849
[*] GotoPortal http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 171#p36171
[*] Change profile option Friend and Mob http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... mob#p37146

Start point should be the Res point that you are returned to when resetting KS.
Attachments
KS_KillZone_WIP.zip
v2.2 - fix for mistake in 2.1
(8.03 KiB) Downloaded 744 times
Last edited by BillDoorNZ on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 18 times in total.

lisa

Re: YAKSS - Yet Another KS Script

#2 Post by lisa » Wed May 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Code: Select all

redirectToWaypointTag()
No function in the WP for this, must be a personal userfunction.

I'll update as I do more testing

Kept saying there was 15 bags free but bags were all full and just kept going.

KS_loot_slot_start = 18;
KS_loot_slot_end = 60;

Moving to waypoint #115, (2832, 1792)
Cleared bags: 15 spaces free
Moving to waypoint #116, (2742, 1795)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

BillDoorNZ

#3 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

thanks lisa

have updated original post with new version that includes the redirectToWaypointTag function.

The slot numbers are the raw ones (i.e. slot 18 is one of your item shop bag slots - from memory the real bags start at 60).

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Thu May 03, 2012 5:05 am

BillDoorNZ wrote:The slot numbers are the raw ones (i.e. slot 18 is one of your item shop bag slots - from memory the real bags start at 60).
Ahh that would explain it, maybe as default have it set from as 61? with a little comment saying 61 is space 1 in bag 1.
Although if it was me I would get the info from profile as I tend to use many chars on same WP and only alter things in profile for each char.

I prob won't do anymore testing on it, testing I did was working ok.
I just don't like the fly in a shared zone and it is so obviously a fly as you go up a mountain lol

I used this in my ks run to allow for pet perfume, so if bags are full to limit then it does the selling twice, otherwise it just does it once.

if inventory:itemTotalCount(0) == 0 then -- make sure to get pet xtras
		player:merchant("Pancer");
		yrest(100);
	end
	player:merchant("Pancer");
Now I think on it your bags should be completely full anyway even without perfume, ohh well lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

BillDoorNZ

#5 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 pm

heh...yes, I was lazy with always selling twice with Pancer. Could be worth checking it more thoroughly, of course, in theory it is possible that the stacked (extra) loot could be enough to fill the bags again and require a 3rd sell :)

This is a pain for me, mainly because I loot everything (including runes) and the code would have to handle knowing how many slots contain unsellable items ( over quality items, runes, food etc). Not going to worry about it tho :)

I know what you mean about the flying over the mountain! I was lazy when I wrote that part, should really re-record the path to the entrance. For me, with all the extra stuff my bot checks, it often overruns waypoints which causes problems when it uses the old path as it may end up missing one waypoint and not be able to get back to it, causing unnecessary problems :(

In fact, thats the main reason for the timer checks, to handle the cases when the bot can't get back on track. In that scenario, it either resets the instance, or recalls back to Logar and runs back (my return script stops and gets housemaid buffs + pots and teaching certs - should get it to get guild buffs too I spose). I'm far too cheap to use Transport Runes (and if something goes horribly wrong, I don't want the bot using all my transport runes unnecessarily).

Hidden

#6 Post by Hidden » Tue May 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Cant seem to get this to run.

Starting at the res point i get the following error

[string "..."]:244: attempt to call method 'setKillZone' (a nil value)

similarly if starting inside instace will kill and loot mobs then return the same error

BillDoorNZ

#7 Post by BillDoorNZ » Tue May 08, 2012 9:02 pm

you need to update your version of the bot. Rock added a function to the waypointlist class which is called setKillZone.

Hidden

#8 Post by Hidden » Tue May 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Got it running but it sticks at way point #129 trying to kill a missed mob on the other side of the wall.

It seems to skip alot of looting at the start with the poison salamanders.

Thank for the up though great work.

BillDoorNZ

#9 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed May 09, 2012 2:32 pm

yes, I noticed it has been skipping a lot of the starting mob loots - and sometimes just not killing half of the initial ousuls. At the moment, I'm blaming it on Rock's PtInPoly function tho :)

I'm gonna keep running with it for another couple of days and then compare it to my older version to see if there are any real issues.

ok...looked at it some more and realised the issue was due to the way I was building the kill zones in my original version before rock added killzones to the bot. Will update the killzones and update original post.

this has now been updated to v1.3 in original post.

Hidden

#10 Post by Hidden » Fri May 11, 2012 3:20 am

What class combo do you use? Mine is melee close range was thinking of changing to mage/scout for range might work better for me.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 am

Hidden wrote:What class combo do you use? Mine is melee close range was thinking of changing to mage/scout for range might work better for me.
Especially now you can use Thunderstorm. :D

I'm actually looking forward to hearing from someone who has tried using Thunderstorm in ks. It should work especially good on the first mobs assuming you are high enough level.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 am

rock5 wrote:I'm actually looking forward to hearing from someone who has tried using Thunderstorm in ks. It should work especially good on the first mobs assuming you are high enough level.
I'll see if I get a chance to test it on monday, anything else you need tested now is the time to ask. From tuesday I doubt I will log onto RoM ever again lol

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:45 am

lisa wrote:From tuesday I doubt I will log onto RoM ever again lol
:D Assuming D3 lives up to your expectations.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Bubi

#14 Post by Bubi » Fri May 11, 2012 7:30 pm

rock5 wrote: I'm actually looking forward to hearing from someone who has tried using Thunderstorm in ks. It should work especially good on the first mobs assuming you are high enough level.
Hi rock5,
thanks allot for your work. Is amazing.
I used the new feature AOE (Thunderstorm) in KS. At the frogs it works great. But sometimes the Thunderstorm does not hit the mob on the first platform. The targeting is somewhere else. On the wall, or right behind of the char. It seams it happens especially when you near a wall, or a pillar. But most of the time it works like hell :twisted:
Hopefully you keep staying and do not start playing a other game like lisa :shock:

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:17 am

Bubi wrote: But sometimes the Thunderstorm does not hit the mob on the first platform.
Is your character fully on the platform before it starts attacking with Thunderstorm or does it start while still going up the stairs? Are there any objects in the way when the camera angle aims at the target?

It's very easy for something to get in the way. I think the best strategy is to attack from the center of the room where it should be clear of obstructions.

Or it may just be a timing issue. If it looks like it should be aiming correctly then it might just need a few more pauses during the aiming.

Bubi

#16 Post by Bubi » Sat May 12, 2012 4:29 am

The char is fully on the platform. Most of the time it happens, after looting the mob to the right front corner and attacking the mob in the right back corner.
But it still speeds up the run :D . So do not hesitate with this small issue.

krix

#17 Post by krix » Sun May 13, 2012 7:38 pm

few newbie questions:

1. How shoud i implement those additional userfunctions?
2. What variable is used to determine how far will it go inside KS? (i prefer to stop just before boss)
3. How many matt my mage shoud have? (I dont want to sucide)

BillDoorNZ

#18 Post by BillDoorNZ » Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 pm

just put the user functions into the micromacro/scripts/rom/userfunctions folder and restart your bot.

StopAtBos
is the variable to set for how far in you want to do. Only goes up to 3rd boss anyway and doesn't fight the bosses.

Not sure on how many matts you will need. Y'll have to run it with plenty and adjust downward from there I guess.

krix

#19 Post by krix » Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 pm

KS_ReturnFromTransportWaypoint = "" - i need to make my own set of waypoints? Or i can leave it as it is, and it will still work?

I didn't YET read ur whole script line after line, but it bothers me... How it skip bosses without fight?

BillDoorNZ

#20 Post by BillDoorNZ » Sun May 13, 2012 9:13 pm

it fly's over first boss....ignores second....and stops before 3rd

and yes, you need to build your own return waypoint if you want to do that. You can change it to recall ro somewhere other than logar of course too :)