708 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

708 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:49 am

Added new features - KillZone and ExcludeZones.

New Functions:
  • __WPL:setKillZone(_zone)
    • Sets the area in which to target mobs. If mobs are outside this zone then they will not be targeted (aggroed mobs excluded). _zone is a table of X, Z coordinates or the name of a waypoint file created outlining the zone.

Examples:

Code: Select all

__WPL:setKillZone({{X=123,Z=2345},{X=432,Z=456},{X=64,Z=654},{X=432,Z=675},})
       or
      __WPL:setKillZone("room1zone")
    __WPL:clearKillZone()
    • Clears the kill zone so it goes back to targeting all mobs. Not: when changing waypoint file the kill zone will be cleared.
    __WPL:addExcludeZone(_zone,_zonename)
    • Adds an exclude zone. Any mob within this zone will be ignored (aggroed mobs excluded). You can have multiple exclude zones. If you specify a "_zonename" you are able to delete it individually later. "_zonename" is just a name to identify the zone.
    __WPL:deleteExcludeZone(_zonename)
    • If you specified a "_zonename" when adding the exclude zone then you are able to delete it individually.
    __WPL:clearExcludeZones()
    • Deletes all exclude zones.
    PointInPoly(vertices, testx, testz )
    • A separate but related function needed by the functions above. This function returns true if point testx,testz is within the polygon represented by vertices. vertices is a zone represented by a table of X, Z values or a waypoint file name, the same as the functions above.
Changed melee ranged pull - now it immediately moves into melee range if no usable skill is found
  • No point in waiting for mobs to come to you if you didn't use any skills.
Changed WARRIOR_SURPRISE_ATTACK to be able to attack in combat in case a ranged attacker attacks you.
After all, there is no in-combat limitation to using this skill so why add one?

Added "ROGUE_UNKNOWN_CHOICE" to skills database.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BillDoorNZ

Re: 708 Changelog

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:15 pm

nice :) thx rock

Another suggestion for you. I was testing my KS script the other day and had the joy of watching the bot run my char off a wall :) due to a mob dying right by the wall and drop a sigil. As a result I added a new LOOT option to player.lua:

if (settings.profile.options.LOOT_SIGILS) then
		local sigil = getNearestSigil();
		--while( sigil ) do
		if( sigil ) then
			local dist = distance(self.X, self.Z, self.Y, sigil.X, sigil.Z, sigil.Y);
			local angle = math.atan2(sigil.Z - self.Z, sigil.X - self.X);
			local yangle = math.atan2(sigil.Y - self.Y, ((sigil.X - self.X)^2 + (sigil.Z - self.Z)^2)^.5 );
			local nY = self.Y + math.sin(yangle) * (dist + 15);
			local hypotenuse = (1 - math.sin(yangle)^2)^.5
			local nX = self.X + math.cos(angle) * (dist + 15) * hypotenuse;
			local nZ = self.Z + math.sin(angle) * (dist + 15) * hypotenuse;

self:moveTo( CWaypoint(nX, nZ, nY), true );
			yrest(500);
			self:update();
			sigil = getNearestSigil();
		end
	end
so I can turn sigil looting on and off. Might be worth adding that permanent like ;)

BillDoorNZ

#3 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:35 pm

lastly, I notice in you example above you say:

__WPL:setKillZone({{X=123,Z=2345},{X=432,Z=456},{X=64,Z=654},{X=432,Z=675},})
 or
__WPL:setKillZone("room1zone")
There is an extra comma on the end of the first call, I'm assuming thats a typo?

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:45 pm

BillDoorNZ wrote:There is an extra comma on the end of the first call, I'm assuming thats a typo?
No, it was intentional but not necessary. Typically I would write a table like this

{
   {X=123,Z=2345},
   {X=432,Z=456},
   {X=64,Z=654},
   {X=432,Z=675},
}
Adding the last comma just makes sure that you don't forget to add it if you add an extra line. It should work fine as it is.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BillDoorNZ

#5 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:17 pm

ahh...nice...ya learn something every day :) damn dynamic languages!!! :)