RoM bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Rajinn

Re: RoM bot

#921 Post by Rajinn » Sat May 02, 2009 1:43 pm

mine doesnt seem to look exceptionally bot like, its probably more of how you set your waypoints.

Administrator
Site Admin

#922 Post by Administrator » Sat May 02, 2009 2:49 pm

sweetlady wrote:Ok works better after reinstalling RoM. Wondering though, isn't there any way to make it move more fluidly? Like I think someone else said on the forum, it is moving very bot like. But I have manage to make it work alright. Thank you again for this sweet bot.
Set WAYPOINT_DEVIATION in your profile somewhere between 20 and 100, bot in an open field (avoid trees, rocks, cliffs), and make all sorts of loops and passes, rather than a very simple and static-looking loop. Your movement will look different for other players, anyways, so don't be overly obsessive about making it look very smooth on your client.

3cmSailorfuku

#923 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sat May 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Administrator wrote:
sweetlady wrote:Ok works better after reinstalling RoM. Wondering though, isn't there any way to make it move more fluidly? Like I think someone else said on the forum, it is moving very bot like. But I have manage to make it work alright. Thank you again for this sweet bot.
Set WAYPOINT_DEVIATION in your profile somewhere between 20 and 100, bot in an open field (avoid trees, rocks, cliffs), and make all sorts of loops and passes, rather than a very simple and static-looking loop. Your movement will look different for other players, anyways, so don't be overly obsessive about making it look very smooth on your client.
I agree, in reality it doesn't look very bot-like due of traffic control on the server. It will look like to other players as if you were normally walking.
And they often won't see that you are turning around, they will just recognize it as lag.

sweetlady

#924 Post by sweetlady » Sat May 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Ok, thanks all. Works marvelously. I was just wondering because it is as if the character always make a step with the left leg for example. I know if I'd see someone walking like that on the street I'd find him weird. :D

Nice stuff

orcomaniac

#925 Post by orcomaniac » Sun May 03, 2009 2:54 pm

y, very nice bot. im fascinated about lua now^^
got it working today and now it works fine.
it is very good that u can do other things while botting, example writing this here^^

but i dont really understand the thing with the "after death" paths.
my english is not that good, im german. so, i think ill figure it out the next days, cya!

MatthiasB

#926 Post by MatthiasB » Mon May 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Is it possible to define two other keys for the bot? While I'm chatting / coding I really use a lot 'delete' so the script stops and I die ... Allready happened a lot of times ... Would be great if I could use 'F1' and 'F2' - thanks in advance!

cheers

PS: Good work - keep it up!

Administrator
Site Admin

#927 Post by Administrator » Mon May 04, 2009 1:37 pm

MatthiasB wrote:Is it possible to define two other keys for the bot? While I'm chatting / coding I really use a lot 'delete' so the script stops and I die ... Allready happened a lot of times ... Would be great if I could use 'F1' and 'F2' - thanks in advance!

cheers

PS: Good work - keep it up!
bot.lua, line 16:

Code: Select all

if( getVersion() < 100 ) then
	startKey = key.VK_DELETE;
	stopKey = key.VK_END;
else
	setStartKey(key.VK_DELETE);
	setStopKey(key.VK_END);
end

blademagical

#928 Post by blademagical » Mon May 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Administrator, iam having a problem, when i die, my character was released yet and wait the 1 minute to start back to waypoint, but when 1 minute is passed, i just got a message "your character is died, press delete when you are ready",i got this message and my character is released yet and not died, have a way to fix this bug administrator? ty (and yes, my return_path its right)

Screen Shot of the bug

Image removed to protect the user.

Rajinn

#929 Post by Rajinn » Mon May 04, 2009 3:19 pm

um... the titlebar on your bot shows your full name, even though you blocked out the profile name :roll:

your problem is failure to read
goto ondeath and remove the pauseondeath in your profile.

Administrator
Site Admin

#930 Post by Administrator » Mon May 04, 2009 5:03 pm

You may also need to have at least something in your onDeath event. I found a minor bug (well, left over code from previous versions where it was expected to pauseOnDeath(), so at that time it was not a bug) that would cause your character to pauseonDeath() if an onDeath event was not specified.

Zilvermoon

#931 Post by Zilvermoon » Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 am

A 2 sec test, and the bot seem fine (just need to run the update.lua)...

Zilvermoon

Edit, kept the bot running a bit, while doing something in another client, this is what happened when the "bot" died ...
Attachments
log.txt
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Rezz_Error_Dual_Clienting.jpeg

frank

#932 Post by frank » Tue May 05, 2009 10:57 am

The game recieved a fairly large patch, but no patch notes yet =[

ellamental

#933 Post by ellamental » Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Is there an update for the patch yet?

elroy72

#934 Post by elroy72 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:22 pm

yea there is. it's called update.lua :P

CrazyGuy

#935 Post by CrazyGuy » Tue May 05, 2009 2:32 pm

When i die, it just repeats over and over

Waypoint movement Failed!
Moving to waypoint #x, (#, #)
Using HP potion.
Using MP potion.

Any suggestions on where i might of gone wrong or what to change?

Administrator
Site Admin

#936 Post by Administrator » Tue May 05, 2009 6:12 pm

If you haven't already, grab version 2.37 or update off of SVN. It fixes some problems with death and resurrection, as well as fixes the anti-KS code.
When i die, it just repeats over and over

Waypoint movement Failed!
Moving to waypoint #x, (#, #)
Using HP potion.
Using MP potion.

Any suggestions on where i might of gone wrong or what to change?
Can you elaborate further? Does your character stay dead at the location they died and continue to try and bot? Do you have a resurrection macro and return path set?

fender

#937 Post by fender » Tue May 05, 2009 8:17 pm

i registered just to tell you guys what a great job you all did on this. i had it set up in a relatively low amount of time after perusing some best practices in this forum.

i run a priest/rogue and i have managed to set it up to run pretty smoothly for either class.

i did notice a couple things. i also use UberFlex Auto Combat System (you can find this on Curse). I noticed that mixing both RoM Bot and ACS makes for a great combo. I use ACS to manage my buffs and RoM Bot for combat.

i wondered if there was a way to call ACS from RoM Bot or Micro Macro though and essentially use RoM Bot for pathfinding/waypoints and targeting? ACS is basically a "/engage" command. I am actually curious as to more of micro macro's capabilities so i will hunt down some docs if they are available.

anyhow, keep up the great work. i think resource harvesting will be the holy grail though so i look forward to one of you aces cracking that!

:)

CrazyGuy

#938 Post by CrazyGuy » Tue May 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Administrator wrote: Can you elaborate further? Does your character stay dead at the location they died and continue to try and bot? Do you have a resurrection macro and return path set?
Yeah when i die the character dosent res just lays there trying to move to the next wp, occasionally casting spells. Ive got both the RES_MACRO hotkey set and the RETURNPATH set.

kong790

#939 Post by kong790 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:11 pm

hey thank you so much for making this bot. It works perfectly except i have my bot on wander mode and after he kills an enemy it always says "moving to waypoint #0 (x,y) with the coordinates always being in the random thousands. Sometimes my guy will run in one direction forever into a wall or mountain and just keep running into it. I tried changing the wander radius to 200 and it doesnt do anything :(

Administrator
Site Admin

#940 Post by Administrator » Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm

i wondered if there was a way to call ACS from RoM Bot or Micro Macro though and essentially use RoM Bot for pathfinding/waypoints and targeting? ACS is basically a "/engage" command. I am actually curious as to more of micro macro's capabilities so i will hunt down some docs if they are available.
Not at this time. I was experimenting with a system to call RoM's functions from within MicroMacro. Although somewhat effective, it also caused a lot of spontaneous crashing. Plus, I'll have some trouble with injecting on Vista... Anyways, it's not ready yet.
Yeah when i die the character dosent res just lays there trying to move to the next wp, occasionally casting spells. Ive got both the RES_MACRO hotkey set and the RETURNPATH set.
Did MicroMacro's console window mention anything about your character dieing? Has this happened to you before?

It works perfectly except i have my bot on wander mode and after he kills an enemy it always says "moving to waypoint #0 (x,y) with the coordinates always being in the random thousands.
This is normal.
Sometimes my guy will run in one direction forever into a wall or mountain and just keep running into it.
This isn't. Can you provide a copy of your profile? I'll see what the problem is when I get the time.