[Performance Issue] CPU Usage upto 50%

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: [Performance Issue] CPU Usage upto 50%

#41 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 pm

He might have been talking about latest revision. There are huge permormace improvements. Try it out.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =30&t=3485
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

franek

#42 Post by franek » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:01 am

rock5 is right, newest version is very cool!

BTW, I see a problem when I run 20 clients or more cause my inet connection seems to be bottleneck - 2mbit/256kbit /s (download/upload); ealier I had 20mbit/1mbit /s (download/upload), but had much weaker computer than current.

gloover

#43 Post by gloover » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:23 am

20 clients?!

I just run 7 of them, have tried to cut motion.fdb as lisa suggested, using a slim-client and have still 690-750 MB usage / client.

How did u get 20 clients to be running?
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg

lisa

#44 Post by lisa » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:42 am

gloover wrote:20 clients?!

I just run 7 of them, have tried to cut motion.fdb as lisa suggested, using a slim-client and have still 690-750 MB usage / client.

How did u get 20 clients to be running?
Make sure you have a programme to help with mem usage like CleanMem
http://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem

I have an old PC that I use and have removed all motion, tesxtures and models.
Clients are at 500mb when they first start, I use cleanmem and then they sit under 100mb
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

franek

#45 Post by franek » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:03 am

Yep, as lisa said. Use newest revision like rock5 advised, "delete" files like lisa advised and use cleanmem or something else and run easily 20 bots or more. If you getting crash (after ~24h) or something disable aero and other stuff in Windows 7. Good luck!
Attachments
1.png

gloover

#46 Post by gloover » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:45 am

@ franek: wow 40-70MB?! how the hell did u do that? I have removed motion motion.fdb texture0 - texture4, sound and music, also experimented with some wdb files. Removing model.fdb cause everytime a falling through the ground.

All that have a result of 590-650 MB of RAM usage / each client. Can u explain, what exactly did u remove? Have u simply used lisas "motionremoved.zip" or something more?

thx in advance!

lisa

#47 Post by lisa » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:50 am

gloover wrote:All that have a result of 590-650 MB of RAM usage / each client
You still haven't tried with Cleanmem have you.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

gloover

#48 Post by gloover » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 am

Ups, sorry lisa, U've right again! Have set Cleanmen to clean memory every 2 min. if client.exe increase 200mb of memory usage, now dumped the memory usage down to <100MB.
Never thought, that this tool can conjuring those effects!

THX again!

rock5

#49 Post by rock5 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 am

A bit off topic, but I went to my nephews today to help him see if he can run the bot on his pc. Never could before.

The game takes about 45% cpu and micromacro was using 80%. I thought I'd failed again but I remembered someone said that audio dll used cpu. So I removed that and now it's 50%. Can just barely run the bot succesfully if I set both the game and micromacro to high priority.

Makes me think there has to be more that could be done to improve the performance. He has a Pentium 4 2.4 btw.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

franek

#50 Post by franek » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:08 am

@rock5
Wow, nice :) I remeber when I was botting on athlon 64 3000+ - hoooooly crap :)

@gloover
I'm glad you get advices to your mind.

As I can see 10 bots (eggs) can easily work on and on. The only problem which I have is my ISP (dynamic IP and automatically reset my connection after 24h, ealier ISP didn't do that :( ); 10 bots ofc with aero on, cause my eyes hate aero off with no crash or performance loss, etc.

EDIT: I think I have not to tell that, but screw it :) On Smacht server I see GM doesn't care about bot or sth cause I'm still not banned, hue hue. My friend was, but he sold 60 stacks of egg in AH ]:->

gloover

#51 Post by gloover » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 am

@ rock: what sound file do u mean by that? Micromacro doesn't contain any sound.dll or something similar!
Do u mean OpenAL?

rock5

#52 Post by rock5 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 am

gloover wrote:@ rock: what sound file do u mean by that? Micromacro doesn't contain any sound.dll or something similar!
Do u mean OpenAL?
Yes.

madeleine

#53 Post by madeleine » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:54 am

rock5 wrote:He might have been talking about latest revision. There are huge permormace improvements. Try it out.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =30&t=3485

Hej r5 changelog Looks Nice will test it tonight. But i found the Problem why my CPU runs totally crazy. Just removed some for my bot useless x:Updates and ifs and add 2 yrest. Ps:try processlasso
Hello friends!
I want to invite you all to play with me at Nexon Studio ROM Server,Chapter 4 Currently Supported.
The best and only server of Runes of magic online,the MMORG where you need to unlock the secrets of Rom to save the world.

Rates
- 7x EXP
- 7x Tp
- 3x Drop
- 3x Gold

If you want to join me in this great game,please click on the following links:

Main Site:http://www.rom4u.com
Forums:http://forum.rom4u.com

IronWolf

#54 Post by IronWolf » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:03 pm

im kinda sure i love you guys! (lisa and rock5 specialy ^_^)

used that clean mem.. before i used it, i had 3 clients open,
playing client - 1,2 giga mem taking
botting cliet - 1 giga mem taking
alt for ks botting - 500 mega mem taking.

now the bot is around 400, the alt is around 27 and my main playing sometimes gets to 1 giga but thats 1.5giga vs 3giga, i got 6 giga, and as you know, w7 takes 1.7 giga, so earlier, while botting i could do just about nothing... now i can acctualy study and may have a chance with my exams! (and thats good cause the 4th year of a system information engineer requires quite some time lol!)

thanks alot for the tips, helped alot.

franek

#55 Post by franek » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Good tip for everyone who is having fun with cleanmem, etc.:
My physical limit of RAM is 7.73GB (~256MB is reserved for integrated GPU, but nvm), I was disappointed when I got crashed after some time of botting. The problem was.... Page File :) As u can see on CleanMem's icon in tray there are 3 things: Memory Used (the number of used physical memory - RAM ofc), Memory Total (total ram which u physicaly have) and the last Commit Total (number of ram which had to be use or sth, hard to explain, but I will give it a try). Let's make it simple. For example, I started around 13 bots and used CleanMem. Memory used - 6,8GB <- nice, I still have some free ram to open new bots! But Commit Total is 8,8GB. So I opened new RoM client and... Crash?! WTF? The problem was page file. In my case it was 512MB (:D), I set it manually when I installed windows. To have no crash let do some math: the sum of your RAM and Page File should be (for safety) more than Commit Total. I set 1-4GB page file and still have no crash when my Memory Used is around 7,5GB, so give it a try if you have thing like me!

EDIT: And hell yeah aero still works! :D Even with that almost maximum ram usage :D On ealier rig it was impossible. I3-2120 rox :P

rock5

#56 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I don't think that will help most people. Most people will have the page file set to default and the default is usually to have it about the same size as memory.

lisa

#57 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 pm

first thing I do when I install an OS is change page file to be around 4gig.
Most hard drives won't miss the 4gig since they are so big now days.

I never crash in RoM, when everyone around me is crashing in SW I still keep going =)

franek

#58 Post by franek » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 pm

I have an idea, but I need more 10 clients or so to check one thing: set page file up to 10gb or more and run more and more clients. I think my inet connection will be fucked or cpu will not manage. I know that SSD isn't that fast as DDR3 are, but at least better to have a page file (for that test) on it than on traditional HDD. I will check it later and post about stability and whatever.

IronWolf

#59 Post by IronWolf » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:04 am

im missing something..
each client takes about 20 cpu usage, and sometimes the micromacro takes 20 aswel, how do you guys manage to activate 10 clients? my cpu is having trouble handling 3 client..

is there a way to help the cpu? lowering anything in game? would love help in that area aswell :)
thanks.

franek

#60 Post by franek » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Ok, can't run more than 21 clients. I noticed that GPU ram is full, 2h of working and 8 clients got crashed.

@IronWolf
Are you using nvidia graphic card with 2-core CPU under windows 7?