[Performance Issue] CPU Usage upto 50%

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

Re: [Performance Issue] CPU Usage upto 50%

#21 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:38 am

I did some testing on an older laptop just using default profile.

Sits at 15-20 % CPU for MM most of the time.

During combat spikes to 40% but goes back to 20% as soon as combat ends.

I am thinking you must have some onleavecombat code that is making it think lots.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

madeleine

#22 Post by madeleine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:02 am

lisa wrote:I did some testing on an older laptop just using default profile.

I am thinking you must have some onleavecombat code that is making it think lots.
nope sorry

<onLeaveCombat>
</onLeaveCombat>
Hello friends!
I want to invite you all to play with me at Nexon Studio ROM Server,Chapter 4 Currently Supported.
The best and only server of Runes of magic online,the MMORG where you need to unlock the secrets of Rom to save the world.

Rates
- 7x EXP
- 7x Tp
- 3x Drop
- 3x Gold

If you want to join me in this great game,please click on the following links:

Main Site:http://www.rom4u.com
Forums:http://forum.rom4u.com

Budzer

#23 Post by Budzer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:37 am

Well for me also MM uses more CPU during normal zone botting, than on EGGs, but it goes from round 3-5% up to 15-25% of my CPU. There was time I was trying to do something about it, but I finally give up and focused on making slim client "slimmer". Currently MM uses 3-4 times more CPU than client. Still 40+% on machine with better CPU than mine seems weird.

lisa

#24 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:02 am

madeleine wrote: Sorry long time ago not .wdb = .fdb
use .fdb extractor the same like for removespelleffekts.
then u can open 20000 files with notepad++ or someother editor and delet everything or easier write a batch.
After this u only have a floor in runes of magic.
rom will collect some garbage. Use the CTRL+ALT+DEL trick or something like zdefrag to free the ram.
After this the client.exe only using 30MB Ram. and rombot works well.
I just did up a little function which replaced all the .ros and .ras files, going to test it out on an old PC and see how it goes.

After all the checking in to models I have been doing the last few weeks I am guessing it will be very weird to not have any models in the game, will probably only work well for millers ranch, thats why I am testing on my old machine lol

--=== findings so far ===--
Normal client.exe mem usage is around 770MB

1. I was absolutely brutal and basically removed every model and every motion.
Client.exe sat at 40mb mem usage, I also couldn't do anything manually, had absolutly no idea where I was even. Was also stuck under the ground =(

2. removed only motion, so basically everything looks like a statue, even you.
client.exe mem usage sits at 310mb, 400 less then normal and no hinderance to game at all, can see everything

3. Removed models and not motion, again I couldn't see anything and I was stuck under the ground.

Ideally could just go and remove models not required and have motions removed aswell.

But as for getting down to 30Mb, yes you can but then you can't even play, I didn't test bot as I was stuck and had no idea where I was on map lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:02 am

I was just looking into that. LoL I couldn't extract the textures though. I thought that would have been a good place to save memory.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:38 am

I just had to say, I'm looking forward to it.

Maybe the way to go would be to remove all the motions and most of the models, such as character, fx and things like trees, grass fences etc. You would have to leave buildings and floors etc. as you will need to navigate them.

I would probably have a model and motion folder for botting and ones for manual play. For botting you can be brutal but for manual play you need to see what your doing. And maybe a batch file for automatically renaming them.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#27 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:01 am

rock5 wrote:And maybe a batch file for automatically renaming them.
You would need to rename them before starting the client.
rock5 wrote:Maybe the way to go would be to remove all the motions
Yeah removing motions reduced mem usage by 400mb, looks funny but doesn't affect game play in any way.
motionsremoved.zip
unzip the motion folder into the Runes of Magic folder
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
rock5 wrote: LoL I couldn't extract the textures though
Yeah my first thought was to do textures but then I figure if I remove all models there won't be anything to display the textures lol

Not sure if I should work backwards and add back in models or work from normal and remove models. I have a folder of the entire model folder with all blank files so i can go either way.

Might look at doing sounds aswell, not sure how it will affect anything though with blank mp3 files.

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 am

lisa wrote:You would need to rename them before starting the client.
Of course. Maybe have a batch file for starting the client for botting and one for starting the client for manual play. So for example the one for botting would check to see if folder needs to be renamed, renames it, then starts the client.
lisa wrote:Yeah removing motions reduced mem usage by 400mb, looks funny but doesn't affect game play in any way.
Hm... didn't work. Froze the game. It seemed to take ages to load. I selected the character at the character selection screen, it showed the loading screen and when I expected it to go into the game, it froze and was non responsive with a black screen. The mem usage was about 760k and cpu 25% which is 1 of my processors. I wonder if it has something to do with having a slim client.
lisa wrote:Yeah my first thought was to do textures but then I figure if I remove all models there won't be anything to display the textures lol
But if you don't remove all the models then maybe removing the textures will help. I was able to extract the textures after all using Macinima.
lisa wrote:Not sure if I should work backwards and add back in models or work from normal and remove models
I would remove and see what effect it has. Eg. remove the items folder and see what happens.

lisa

#29 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 am

I use the slim client so not sure about that.

you did have it so it is

Runes of Magic/motion/character

and so on right?

--=== added ===--
Just noticed something weird, I put in the models folder with all blanks to test it and when it started client was 400mb, same as it was previously with all models gone. I am wondering if either mem cleaner is causing it or maybe it is just using the same as when I started it without the model folder, when I tested earlier I was restarting PC aswell.

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 am

I tried restarting the PC. Still doesn't work. And yes the folder structure was correct.

lisa

#31 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 am

I worked out what was different for me, I didnt use clean mem that last time, i did now and have 2 clients both at 20-50mb

This is a very old PC with 1 gig of ram, now running 2 clients and both botting in millers.
Normally that PC can barely load 1 client and can't handle even botting 1.

but yeah only good for millers and still need to use something to clean up memory usage, like cleanmem.

mortimer

#32 Post by mortimer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 am

well CPU-usage does not mean, that the CPU is really used. If you write a while-loop without any calculation in it your CPU Usage will be shown high. Thats because the CPU "waits" for commands, wich are also shown as CPU-usage. Therefore it is possible that after a fight maybe a loop checks, if there is more aggro left. and while waiting for this aggro, Your CPU waits for commands and show this as Usage.
Just an idea, maybe its somethin else... :)

Budzer

#33 Post by Budzer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:59 pm

There is no need of making clean wdb files I have simply delete everything unnecessary a while ago and no problems about it. As it goes for models sometimes they can be deleted, but to fight mobs there have to be models with them otherwise "you can't see target". Also walls seems to be necessary as if you run into one you're stuck. For miller I suppose there is only need for "hen model" as for KS all mobs inside+walls+some floors. I was even planning to do some model for KS but finally I give up to much of looking I suppose. There would be only problem with starting WP, but you can always make some start WP. As for other things I have 2 clients installed, so if I need to do something beside botting I simply login on another. With everything disable +sight of view in range 75-175 you only will have white screen, but there is no need for anything else for botting. For Win7 there is also no need of using other programs to free RAM - OS will do it when necessary.

lisa

#34 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Budzer wrote:For miller I suppose there is only need for "hen model"
Actually the bot doesn't need any models at all to function as everything is done via memory. The bot will still interact with everything even without models, I have tested this and can say without doubt.
Haven't tested with fighting mobs but I really don't see there being an issue with that either, the object is still there it just has no visible body.
I tried restarting the PC. Still doesn't work. And yes the folder structure was correct.
I tested on my Win 7 machine and it didn't like the motion folder at all, it worked fine on Win xp but not win7, not sure why.

lisa

#35 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:31 am

Got my Win7 machine to work without motions, I decided since I was getting rid of ALL motions then no need to use edited files in folder.

Just move the motion.fdb out of the fdb folder.
I wasn't sure if renaming it would do the trick or not so I just moved it out.

Sitting at 240mb with just motions removed on Win7 machine.

Budzer

#36 Post by Budzer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:55 am

lisa wrote:...The bot will still interact with everything even without models, I have tested this and can say without doubt.
Haven't tested with fighting mobs but I really don't see there being an issue with that either, the object is still there it just has no visible body.
Well It is trying, but always "you can't see target", "there is obstacle between you and target", "you have to be in front of target" or soever. So from the bot level everything works great, but from game it is not anymore.... Haven't tested myself for egg bots. I have only assumed that there would be some similarities.

madeleine

#37 Post by madeleine » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:43 am

Okay i helped u to build Slim Slim Clients. Maybe back to my Problem. Thx that nobody has checked if normal waypoint with loot and combat goes up to 6.000.000.000 circle Delta. I wil checkit myself tonight.
Hello friends!
I want to invite you all to play with me at Nexon Studio ROM Server,Chapter 4 Currently Supported.
The best and only server of Runes of magic online,the MMORG where you need to unlock the secrets of Rom to save the world.

Rates
- 7x EXP
- 7x Tp
- 3x Drop
- 3x Gold

If you want to join me in this great game,please click on the following links:

Main Site:http://www.rom4u.com
Forums:http://forum.rom4u.com

lisa

#38 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 am

lisa wrote:I did some testing on an older laptop just using default profile.

Issue isn't MM itself as the default MM doesn't make Micromacro CPU % go up by 50

So there must be some code you have added either profile or waypoint that is causing this and since you are the only one with access to those files then you are the only one who can identify your problem.

I am assuming you have tried to do SVN update and SVN revert.

franek

#39 Post by franek » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:52 am

Ok. new rig is here :)
samsung 830 64gb
i3-2120
2x 4gb ddr3 1333mhz cl9
igp intel hd2000

So, now with 2 "fighting" bots and 5 eggs bots and 1 normal client for normal playing - cpu usage 30-50%, but I saw 2 times 70% cpu usage jump, so everything is fine now ;]

gloover

#40 Post by gloover » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:29 pm

@ franek: what was your solution?
I have 8gbRAM i7 system and running 7 bots eats 80-90% of my CPU-performance, and have 530-560 MB of RAM usage / client (on millers range) 600-620 MB somewhere else. Using a slim-client!