Question about a addon called adv auction house

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
silentdecay01

Question about a addon called adv auction house

#1 Post by silentdecay01 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to talk about add on support, I tried on curse gammin people don't answer there often and info is from over a year ago )+

I have aah installed and it works fine, but i notice every time i log out or change char or game crashes, the history is not saved and i have to spend 25 mins to re scan the ah for price history data. I have it set to save last 80 history of each item scaned and I could not find settings for saving I thought it was suppose to keep the history and save the data collected )= Only reason I need this add on is to make selling stuff faster buy geting the correct price.

If anyone can help me that uses this add on so it keeps what I scan like it should

lisa

Re: Question about a addon called adv auction house

#2 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 pm

silentdecay01 wrote: but i notice every time i log out or change char or game crashes
All addon information is saved in the same file, savedvariables.lua
If game crashes then the data won't be saved.

When you log out or change character it should be saving the information.

For it not to be saving the information then there is probably something happening with your pc. So might be an antivirus stopping it, might be a folder setting, might be your running game through a virtual server.

Only you will be able to determine why it isn't saving as only you can see what your pc is doing.

The file in question is more then likely located
Win 7
documents/My Documents/Runes of Magic/SavedVariables.lua

It will vary depending on your operating system.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

cufRet8e

#3 Post by cufRet8e » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:02 pm

silentdecay01 wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to talk about add on support, I tried on curse gammin people don't answer there often and info is from over a year ago )+

I have aah installed and it works fine, but i notice every time i log out or change char or game crashes, the history is not saved and i have to spend 25 mins to re scan the ah for price history data. I have it set to save last 80 history of each item scaned and I could not find settings for saving I thought it was suppose to keep the history and save the data collected )= Only reason I need this add on is to make selling stuff faster buy geting the correct price.

If anyone can help me that uses this add on so it keeps what I scan like it should
When your game crashes, you losing only last changes to your SaveVariables.lua. So make sure to logout after you update prices, changes your addons or doing stuff which you want to have saved. If you always playing till first crash, you will never have it saved.
And make backup of SaveVariables.lua from time to time. Just in case:)

silentdecay01

#4 Post by silentdecay01 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 pm

ok I'm on a windows 7 laptop, no anti virus software other then microsoft security anti spy/malware which does not block anything, My firewall is set to allow the game ports ect I will check )=

silentdecay01

#5 Post by silentdecay01 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:07 pm

cufRet8e wrote:
silentdecay01 wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to talk about add on support, I tried on curse gammin people don't answer there often and info is from over a year ago )+

When your game crashes, you losing only last changes to your SaveVariables.lua. So make sure to logout after you update prices, changes your addons or doing stuff which you want to have saved. If you always playing till first crash, you will never have it saved.
And make backup of SaveVariables.lua from time to time. Just in case:)
ok its prob due to crashes then since it crashed often today if stop bot and try to click game to fast