a question for KS farmers

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
bokagavrilov

a question for KS farmers

#1 Post by bokagavrilov » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:20 pm

will u level up ur farmers in the next cap thats incoming to 70? i mean is there the risk that the droprate becomes lower or there wont be a big difference for 3 lvls? coz i was doing it with 67 lvl and i was quite happy with it..xD atm im in "standby":P

thanks for ur time

Budzer

Re: a question for KS farmers

#2 Post by Budzer » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:46 am

Well it depends if you're planing to upgrate your gear as well. If not, than leveling character is pointless....
Even now leveling beyond 65, where you can get weapon (craft 65 lvl), gear fron DL and one hit mobs, as for boss I don't suppose that speeding it up will give any efficiency, is in my opinion is waste of time. As for drop while in HPt difference would be minimal and outside it could be possible that there would be some small difference, but still not so much. Even so I could even say that best thing to do would be creating 60lvl character, with druid or priest secondary and "waste" some money for good gear (well only point with leveling to 65 would be much cheaper weapon).

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:47 am

gold/hour relies heavily on the trash drop rate, if you use maid luck pots then you should still be ok but as you level the drop rate will get lower.

Agree totally with Budzer if you want to maximize your G/H then use a lvl that can easily farm it without being to high. I farmed KS for weeks with a lvl 55 char and it never died, I also never bothered with bosses, just flew past them. Doing this got me more then enough gold to get me started with gearing up main chars.
I went back to KS recently with a lvl 65 char and the G/H was almost half that of the lvl 55. You get to the point you can't kill any faster and so you rely on drop rate to improve G/H.
If you want to purely farm gold, then make a M/P to 55 and give it HoS/DL gear, which is very cheap now. Blast through the place using purg and just skip bosses.
M/D would probably do very well, never tried that combo yet.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

bokagavrilov

#4 Post by bokagavrilov » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:14 am

^^ ok thank u for ur anwsers :) I think i will stay to my 65 mage..coz i dont really have time for leveling an other char :) i was farming around 3.8-4m with it in 6h so i dont think that its that much bad xD

Budzer

#5 Post by Budzer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:19 am

Well as for HPt good result would be something about 1-1,2M/h, reaching 1,4-1,5/h is I suppose impossible to outbid. As for without HPt results can differ much more (at least in %), than with it. Generally I can get something like 500-800k/h (w/o HPt). Of course everything depends on buffs and luck....

From my personal experience also fastest character to farm KS would be (currently) rouge, as buff for drop and second weapon, where we can put LOOT II or even III, gives a lot. It is also important that currently this class is OP. AoE from mage do not save that much time, as it probably wouldn't ever one hit mobs and even if - it probably wouldn't outbid extra drop from runes+skill. While in HPt we have to loot almost everything anyway, so running to each mob separately isn't a big problem. There is probably one chance I can think of to outbid other classes with mage, but it would be minimal, very dangerous and WP would be more complexed and of course only for this class.

Also I am curious what you have said (lisa) about drop rate. Cuz from my experience differences are not that big. Of course there are some, but ca. 50% between 55 and 65 is something not possible for me. You have said, that: "I went back to KS recently with a lvl 65 char and the G/H was almost half that of the lvl 55. " I don't know how long you have break from KS, but after CH IV update, drop from KS was radically reduced with 2 maybe 3 steps. As for me difference is huge. Before changes with buff from event (100%) I couldn't reach 1-st boss - full bag - now, without it, but with extra runes, pets, wings +16, I can barely reach like 150 places full there, so 30 to go and my buff is about extra 120%.
I am also curious for some numbers, if you please :>

Of course leaving char on 55 isn't a bad idea at all, especially that leveling character up to 55, takes like 1-2 days. The only problem would be lack of good weapon, so that I recommend to level it up to 60 and consider 65, as weapon for 60 would cost 2-3 times more and is worse than 65 craft. Of course I don't know prices of "70" items, but as I can already 1 hit mobs and one combo bosses? Generally good bot requires investment. How much? I would say like minimum 20M+1 week farm and some luck buying gear. Decent 65 lvl weapon cost 35-50M+8-20M LOOT II-III x2 and rest could be like 5M each and we don't have to be full geared. Speeding up would also requires jewelry, but it takes cost up by 50-100%.
(everything in this paragraph based on prices on my serv)

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:25 am

I hadn't run KS for about 6 months, so well before chap 4 came out.

My 55 mage easily does 1 purg and kills all trash with just HoS and DL gear.
The most wasted time is actually looting the corpses, that is where the pet perfume comes in to affect. Set bot loot to false and use perfume on pet and you can easily double your G/H, if you use aoe with M/P.

The server I play on has never had luck runes, until last weekend lol so that was never an option for me previously.
All I ever used was the housemaid luck pot, no other + luck, potion or otherwise.
I can't give exact figures for what the 55 mage used to do, it;s been to long to remember them exactly but I used to fill 4 bags before second boss, not turtle. Used to just use purg and heal skills all the way. Runs were very fast.

This is before crimson stats too, a lvl 55 with HoS/DL gear stated with crims would easily farm KS.

When you say they redeuced the drop rate in KS when chap 4 came out, are you using the same lvl character with same amount of luck or had you already leveled the character before going KS again.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Budzer

#7 Post by Budzer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:34 am

Well it wasn't exactly with CHIV up, but about one month later (so I have already 67). As far as I remember, there was event with 100% drop for 2h and I get really small drop rate (yet still 1-st boss full bag - tops 5 places free). I realized that drop rate was reduced after event, when I need to go up to 3-rd boss (including turtle) for full bag, before event I was full before "second frogs", sometimes even clearing first stairs after 1-st boss was enough.
Same happens to others farmers I know.
So it wasn't a big surprise, that next weekend there was promo for Loot I runes.... Second drop fall I am certain of was at the end of August or beginning of September. There was probably one more lately or I simply have bad luck for last few days, as upgrading my loot runes makes me no difference.

Of course it could be, that they have changed something with HPt, as I don't monitor drop without it, but still...

As for perfumes it's kind pointless, as any improvement you get G/H you will have to spend on them, at least I think so. Maybe I will test it some time later. Normally when no bot, pet is collecting to slow and about 1/3 of drop stays in bodies. As far as I remember my calculation (with dias price 1/4 lower, than today - on my serv) was that I would be 0 after 7,5h of farm (as i still had to collect some drop by myself), so without bot it is definitely pointless, DK how about bot, as it collect and fight much slower, than I would. And after all 8h for me and for bot isn't same thing.

I understand that you don't remember amount of money. Probably 90% of people wouldn't even know how much they have botted yesterday, but amount of bags gives me completely no impression. Simply at some stage, the only thing important in KS is time. As for bot it can differ very much. Currently I have managed to go down to average 11 minutes/run resp-->pancer-->KS-->resp (some players farming them selfs had runs in something like 12-13 min :P ) , but same settings can go some days up to 18 min or even 20.... Usually it is 13/14-16 (long term statistics 14m). When I farm myself, I go down to 8-8,5 min and this seems to differ max by 0,5m.
Why time? Well HPt+Lucky pot(+now Loot I-IV) means 6h of full bag at the end and full bag is always average 285k (assuming throwing away everything<100gold and keeping >100g - some of my colleges keep only >1000g), so only time matters.

As for mage I maybe over estimated gear need for KS, but still it would be good not to one kill mobs, witch can be faster, but WP would be more complexed. From my personal experience not-one-kill in KS with mage is like 10-20% faster (of course while farming myself) and still next 20% slower then my current one target 8mins. And again DK how it works for bot..... Maybe I would create new character to test it :P So one post and 2 things to test...

Germangold

#8 Post by Germangold » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:01 pm

• I have 10 Chars
    all Mage Priest
    all 60/51
    all have >19.000 HP
    all have >19.000 Mana
    All have >15.000 matK (buffed)
    all have T8-9 LVL60 Staff equid with Loot II Rune
    all run with HouseMaid LuckPowder
i use KS up to Adept and break up the Party to leave and rerun
each run is like 110~160k Gold
each char has after 23hrs 5-6.6kk equals 250k per Hour

My Question is
HOW DO YOU MANAGE NUMBERS LIKE 800k per HOUR?

Budzer

#9 Post by Budzer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Well at firstI have started at 400-600k/h with HPt and default script, witch wasn't satisfied at all. Especially that same time a friend of mine, who was my apprentice in therms of botting, gets like 4-5M/6h witch equals 600-800k/h. This was the thing that get me started with upgrading.

First of all as it goes for KS full 6 tabs in bag are required and if you do not have them, than well.... Of course without HPt (why do not use it??) probably 4 would do. Second it is all about time. Melee DPS have grate adv, as they can even one-hit with white attacks. It is even possible, to kill boss with whites only. But it is not all. With default setting (I mean script from this forum) you are loosing something like 2-3mins on selling, additionaly 1-2min on the route resp--->KS and something about 2-3mins inside. Next step would be speedhack inside (additional 1-2min). As for the end addons! With good pack of them you can get even more.
Of course first upgrade I've ever made was equipement. From my personal experience everything below 20k hp/att it to weak. Everything above 20k hp/att is overgeared. Second thing would be usuing Loot runes (probably rouge/scout would be best for that, but in that case 30k hp would be my advise) and wings (+6 are almost for free) and pets with drop buffs, when possible.

Also I put 800k as max.... Usually it is something in range of 650-700. As I make run within 14 mins avg, probably have bigger loot with rogue than yours 160k, than it isn't a big surprise that I get that much....

Additionaly - while using more than one bot same time on one machine total efficiency falls, even if our machine isn't overworked (DK why?). As you run 10 bots it is a part of the problem. Running to Adept is pointless as therm of time/gold IMO.

BTW. What processor do you have, to run 10 bots same time? Or you simply are using many PCs?

madgamer

#10 Post by madgamer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 am

wings (+6 are almost for free) ??
how can i get =)

Nero

#11 Post by Nero » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 am

I think that m/p or m/d at 55 lvl would be better for KS than any rogue. I've created one char, geared it up so that it needed 4 purgs to kill trash between bosses (~17,5k matk, 16k hp), and with only housemaid's pot it was averaging on 650k/h - and there was ALOT of room for improvement (better gear (esp weapon which wasn't for pure attacker and only +6), no wings, no loot runes, using default speed inside KS, going half the way to KS on foot, about 15% mobs left unlooted, and script wasn't as efficient as I'd like), so when one would really put his mind and gold to it, it would net at least 1kk, possibly even 1,2kk/h. More doesn't seem possible to do with bot, and is usually hard to achieve even when playing manually.

Making one such char would be very expensive tho - you'd spend at least 3-4 times that on a 60 lvl rogue to achieve good killspeed. So if your PC is suited to run lots of clients at once, you would be better off doing rogue or scout.

@lisa - how in the hell did you manage to make 55 lvl hit with purg for 36k (trash's hp after 1st boss)? I've been using 3 parts from DL HD for itemset bonuses and rest of the items were random clean HD items so they would stat cheaply, most stuff upgraded with shell stats, and it took me 3-4 purgs for each trash mob, and had to fly over bosses not to die. Honestly, WTH?

Budzer

#12 Post by Budzer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Well I will definitely make new acc with mage.... I was planning new account anyway (for some other testing), so I will simply choose different 3-rd...

As I understand this 650k was on default waypoint and without honor party?

The other possible explination is that there is really so much difference between 55 and 67, but still it will be more like 20-30% than 50 ;)

rubenr

#13 Post by rubenr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Well, it's all actually about the gear.
I have actually 2 mage characters doing KS.

One of them is:
-lvl 67
-Endgame gear (Puppet Staff also)
-Plus: +9 Wings, +20% Loot II Rune in the Staff (Should make much more if using Wand + Charm with 20% rune each), and Pet (5% Loot)

With group of honor and % Item potion: Makes 1kk gold/Hour (5 and 1/2 bags)
It stops at boss 3, which doesn't quite convince me since from boss 2 to 3 theres very little elite to kill/loot.

The other mage is:
-lvl 60
-Uses my old mage gear (raksha staff) and such...
-Plus: +3 Wings, +10% Loot I Rune in the Staff

With group of honor and % Item Potion: Makes 800/900k/Hour (5 and 1/2 bags)
It stops at boss 2.

My guess is that the lvl does make a slight avantage. ¿How so? My lvl 60 doesn't have a mount, and it kills a little bit slower (Raksha) (Can't 1 kill with meteor), which leads me to think that my lvl 67 is getting a lot less drops (even stoping at boss 3).

Im going to try this week to make him stop at Boss 2, to test the timings (perhaps stoping at boss 3 delays him)

ANYWAYS, the +16 Wings and Loot II / III runes should make a lot of difference, regarding the lvl.
Also, buying teaching scrolls everyday, even when not boting, gives you a edge.

Budzer

#14 Post by Budzer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Well maybe it scales unlinear, so difference between 55 and 60 would be bigger, than 60-65 this would be bigger than 65-70 etc.

As for gear I know it for sure. I was only asking if this 650k is w/o HPt, as It would make difference. Currently w/o HPt I make round 700k/h, having wings, LOOT runes and rouge buff, so making almost same without it all is very good result.

@rubenr I have a question. Could you tell me how much MAtt do you have and how much time full run takes you (Resp--->Pancer--->KS--->full-bag-->Resp). You are using autoselling on Pancer or standard rombot merchant option.

Your results seems to be very similar to mine, so I am curious how it lookes like, to finally determinate witch would be faster rouge or mage....
Probably to determinate it I will have to create mage anyway, but as I have checked it would require 60lvl char and about 100M for gear on my serw (lower lvl eq is not present on AH).

Definitely only adv. mage could have would be speed in killing trash. The question is how big is that difference and if rouge "lucky skill" (don't remember name) will outbit this.

BTW. Are you using AOE as if not, than I can say for sure, that rouge would be better.

rubenr

#15 Post by rubenr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:12 pm

@Budzer:
I have 54k MA with the pet. I also have ~6700 Magic Damage.

The full run takes, ill make an estimate now, 16-18 minutes. And i use the normal bot selling option. What makes the run to be much faster it's the instant spell i use (meteor shower), so it only casts a very few flames (3 seconds cast). Each run is 250-350k, it also drops belts and shoulder equipment.

What you say about equipment is totally right, you need a good staff (Root of Nightmares +12 T8 minimum) and at least 25k hp to reach the 2nd boss quickly (Also, a mage/priest is needed). You could use a lower wand, but it'll have to cast flames (3 seconds each... probably more than 200 elites...
I recommend tunning or buying 3 or 4 items with VERY good mage stats.

Vahtos, warnorken clothes and such are cheap now. But don't worry, each item you buy will return as gold when you farm KS :P

PS: Extremely important, BUY LOTS OF TEACHING SCROLLS BEFORE LVLING UP THAT PLAYER. (Also, buy and talk with the home ... guys) (... damn english XD)

PS2: Group of Honor > Lvl 1-29 / New Group of Honor (without leaving): 29-40 (In pasper shrine) / Xaviera 40-48 / Daily Quest (262k): Lvl 48-55-60-etc-

Budzer

#16 Post by Budzer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Giving up AOE was your conscious choice, as it was slower than meteor or simply "just because"?

As your current speed isn't anyhow faster. My rouge 20k patt with addon-sell makes one run in avg. 14 minutes (12 minimum - 18 maximum) I suppose selling is like 1-2min faster, so still - you would be 1-2 min behind. I would probably even loose something on 1-st boss, but OK not that much. The other bigger problem would be, that currently I do not one-hit mobs in this acc. Generally I make 1,1-1,3M/h.

I suppose, that with selling addon, cutting your waypoint up to clif before loc.... something and looting everything (worth>100) you would do same as me.

I assume that choosing meteor was deliberate decision, so choosing mage for KS-bot is pointless as making rouge would be cheaper.

P.S Home...guys are housekeepers ;)

rubenr

#17 Post by rubenr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 pm

I totally forgot the AOE! XD, yes i use it too, the priority is 90, compared to the 95 of the meteor.

And like you said, if you have a rogue, it'd be cheaper (and faster) another rogue.

Budzer

#18 Post by Budzer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 pm

So I totally do not understand what is meteor for :P Couldn't you simply use only AoE's?