Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Nevex

Re: Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

#581 Post by Nevex » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:47 pm

botique wrote:Version 4.3 fails fairly fast for me. Sooner or later (maybe 30 min to one hour) my character remains stuck trying to feed hens, blissfully unaware that it has no feed bags in inventory.
That's happened to me only once since this last version came out.

jasn

#582 Post by jasn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:17 pm

same here, no food and trying to force feed air into the hens.

rock5

#583 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm

There is a check for feed after every feed attempt so that can't happen while feeding. Probably what happened is it followed the hen back from the coop. So it's till trying to encourage it.

I'll have to think about how to avoid it in the future but in the mean time if you can catch it in the act and describe what happens when it happens, that might help.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#584 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:10 pm

I had a look at it. The only place it can get stuck is when waiting for the jump to happen. For the hen to have left the coop means it was successfully encouraged so the jump must have happened but it was missed. The jump takes about 2 seconds and the bot checks for it every half second so it shouldn't have been missed.

I can only think of 2 reasons this might happen.

1. Your computer froze for a couple of seconds and missed showing the jump.
2. Your game glitched and just didn't do the jump action. I have noticed in other places that the game can sometimes fail to show animations.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

botique

#585 Post by botique » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:48 am

rock5 wrote:...
I'll have to think about how to avoid it in the future but in the mean time if you can catch it in the act and describe what happens when it happens, that might help.
Would it be possible to make sure it has some feed bags in inventory before it goes cheering (I think this is actually the default behavior)? Then test before each cheering attempt to see whether there are still feed bags in inventory. If not, then we have a missed jump...

botique

#586 Post by botique » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:53 am

rock5 wrote:I had a look at it. The only place it can get stuck is when waiting for the jump to happen. For the hen to have left the coop means it was successfully encouraged so the jump must have happened but it was missed. The jump takes about 2 seconds and the bot checks for it every half second so it shouldn't have been missed.

I can only think of 2 reasons this might happen.

1. Your computer froze for a couple of seconds and missed showing the jump.
2. Your game glitched and just didn't do the jump action. I have noticed in other places that the game can sometimes fail to show animations.
You are probably right. I remember that at least once I had unpicked eggs in the coop, and this indeed would confirm that the jump was missed and the character followed the hen without picking up the egg.

However, I never had this problem before version 4.3, so I believe it must be related somehow to the new code in 4.3. Jumps (probably) are detected a lot less reliably now.

rock5

#587 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:55 am

With the new patch, the old way just didn't work properly anymore. So now it does it a different way, which includes the check for the jumping. Because it's a totally new way, we just need to tweak it until it works properly and reliably.

OneofMany

#588 Post by OneofMany » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:48 am

bokagavrilov wrote:
lisa wrote:well if you bot in millers on a server that regularly monitors millers the GM detect will reduce the chance of being banned but let's face it if you just did 12 hours in millers the gm detect won't help your case. They will no doubt just bann you for the sake of it lol

simple facts:
If a GM whispers you and you don't respond and you keep doing what you were doing, they suspect you are a bot, they then investigate further and chances are you will get banned.
If however the GM detect kicks in and you do a reply whisper and log out then they will be less suspicious but will no doubt be curious of you.
If you suddenly stop doing anything while a GM is whispering you then they have to assume you may just be afk, again they will suspect you but they won't just instabann you.

I agree with everything ;) well and the GM its just so great ;) a few weeks ago seems my bot detected a gm ;) coz i found it logged out coz of GM detected and in the next days while i was farming ( just watchin it) i had a wisp from Z***** luckly i was there and stopped and answerd him ;) so i had to stop for a while and now im doing it again ;) ( still havent got anything on my eggs-characters :) im doing it for like 2months already and i love it ;) im on maca

meny greetings and good job

Gotta say, never saw a GM on my server in Millers. and i mostly only do this at times a normal person would sleep :-)
Its not about cheating. Its about being smarter than the game...

botique

#589 Post by botique » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:07 am

It happened again, the character missed the egg laying, then went feeding, mistakenly believing that it is cheering the chicken.
I have no good idea about how the egg laying is detected, but it does not seem to make use of the system chat message that accompanies it. "Success! The hen has laid a huge egg!". I had this displayed in the chat box, but apparently my character does not care about reading it.
BTW, version 4.2 still works for me...

rock5

#590 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 am

The way it works is it detects when the character jump by reading a value in memory.

For it to follow the hen out of the coop it would have to have completely missed the jumping which takes a couple of seconds. I don't see how that can happen.

Maybe you are overloading your system and it's causing the game to freeze for a couple of seconds just as it's cheering the hen?

Don't worry I'll do some more work on it.

botique

#591 Post by botique » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:50 am

Would it work if one replaces

Code: Select all

until player.Stance2 == 115
with

until (player.Stance2 == 115) or  (3240 > hen.Z)
?
That is, until we get victory stance or chicken is not in coop. (Might have the inequality sign wrong).

rock5

#592 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

Actually I was thinking something along those lines. Try it and let us know how it goes.

jasn

#593 Post by jasn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:58 am

works what i can see, have been running for around 14 hrs double bots hunting eggs.
havent noticed anything wierd, but im not monitoring it. :shock:

botique

#594 Post by botique » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:44 pm

(3240 > hen.Z)
did not work. Bot got stuck after about 4 golden eggs.
Trying now with

(hen.Z > 3240)

rock5

#595 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm pretty sure "3240 > hen.Z" puts it outside the coop which is what you want. You probably just need to update the hen coordinates. Try adding

hen:update()
in the loop.

botique

#596 Post by botique » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:38 am

adding hen:update() seems to do the trick. Ran it for 4 hours without a hitch. Many thanks!

madgamer

#597 Post by madgamer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:59 pm

botique wrote:Version 4.3 fails fairly fast for me. Sooner or later (maybe 30 min to one hour) my character remains stuck trying to feed hens, blissfully unaware that it has no feed bags in inventory.
this keeps happening to me as well, i added hen.update in a few places and didnt help

rock5

#598 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:28 pm

To apply the fix botique said, you need to change

until player.Stance2 == 115
with

until (player.Stance2 == 115) or (3240 > hen.Z)
and add

hen:update()
in that loop so the hens Z value updates.

Never mind, I'll just update the script. Now updated to 4.4.

ohos

#599 Post by ohos » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:25 pm

have stucked at message after loading profile
Testing 'ingamefunctions' macro

any solution? there is 4.0.4 game version now

mayainverse

#600 Post by mayainverse » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:49 pm

ohnos. i had this problem. u need to svn update. and move the ingamefuctions folder to your game mods folder its inside micromacro > scripts > rom > devtools >ingamefunctions. move the whole ingamefunctions folder to where you put the rest of your rom mods.

I have a problem. It fails to gather and ends up thinking all the hens are stuck when it just cant gather. my friend she said it works fine for her. she even sent me her entire micromacro folder and i still have same problem when she says it is working for her today. so im lost.