Banned for botting

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
xplar

Banned for botting

#1 Post by xplar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 am

here is the email i recieved, incase anyone is curius as to what it says...
[#RCN-###-#####]: 30 day ban due to botting

02/11/2011

Greetings,

GM Aquila here,

Your character(s) “*****” was reported for botting. Upon further investigation, which confirmed the report and revealed that this is your first offense, it has been determined that the account(s) "*****" will be banned for 30 days.

Furthermore, due to being linked by IP and/or Mac address, the following account(s) have been banned for 30 days also: *****

Botting, or the use of 3rd party programs, macro’s or addons that enable your character to play without human interaction is a violation of TOS. Please review the TOS ( https://account.frogster-america.com/AG ... imple=true ) before returning to play.

If you have any further questions, concerns or comments on this or any other issue, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

GM Aquila
US RoM Support

Frogster America, Inc.
548 Market ST #22350
San Francisco, California 94104

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: RCN-###-#####
Department: Botting
Type: Issue
Priority: High

Support Center: http://frogsteramerica.kayako.com
was botting on both characters for about 2 months now, was finally caught when i left 2 bots farming dog meat for the last 6 days non stop. i was reported yesterday, and it took less than 24 hours to get the email. one thing to note is that my characters are still logged in and i can still play normally because its the account that's banned, not the actual characters. they will probably not be allowed to log in if i log out though.

oh well, i guess its back to golden egg farming for the next 30 days :P

jasn

Re: Banned for botting

#2 Post by jasn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:46 am

to me the banning by ip and /or mac adress is wierd, a mac adress stays in the first router you connect to, so basically u must be on the same subnet as they are for them to get a trace, and a mac adress isnt so "unique" as people like to say. everyone can change their mac adress in one way or another. (not the physical inburnt tho).

And by banning by the ip adress is also a somewhat odd, presum u sit in an internet cafe´. they have lets say 50+ computers connected and they share the same ip adress to the internet, so they ban 49 innocent gamers because 1 is doing something that isnt ok by them.

well perhaps its froggy and runew. in a nutshell with their logic.

(not an expert in wan/lan connections.)

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 am

They don't bann purely by IP. They would have spent more time on it then that. Think of this way.

They decided to bann an account.
They tried to find other accounts that are linked to that account.
They banned the other accounts that were linked.

They sent you a letter but they arn't going to tell you exactly what they did or you will just adjust and know what to avoid next time.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kuchen91

#4 Post by kuchen91 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:02 pm

But why they banned about 10 from my bot-accounts but don`t touched my collect-account where i collected 160+m from the bots?

xplar

#5 Post by xplar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:45 pm

i think lisa mentioned this in another thread, but they seem to ban accounts that were created on the same ip. i have 2 other accounts i made a few days after the 2 that were banned were created once i changed my ip and they are still ok, and they were both logged in farming eggs on another computer in my house the entire time. the good news is since it was first offence they only ban for 30 days, and since my accounts were still logged in at the time, i was able to move all my stuff to another acount.

bokagavrilov

#6 Post by bokagavrilov » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:30 am

xplar wrote:i think lisa mentioned this in another thread, but they seem to ban accounts that were created on the same ip. i have 2 other accounts i made a few days after the 2 that were banned were created once i changed my ip and they are still ok, and they were both logged in farming eggs on another computer in my house the entire time. the good news is since it was first offence they only ban for 30 days, and since my accounts were still logged in at the time, i was able to move all my stuff to another acount.
well i have to say that the ip bann on the same-created-accounts ip doesnt work i had 4 accounts with totally different ips( i went to my friend to make em ) and they were all banned together with my main char which was made on my ip but an other account that wasnt much active (with the same created-ip as my main wasnt banned..so i think its just random)

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:22 pm

As mentioned before when you log into RoM they record the account name and current IP. If they decide to bann an account they may decide to also check if any other accounts have been logged in at the same time as that account with the same IP.

There are a lot of checks they can do if they wish to, not just go by the IP used to create an account.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

ark2003

#8 Post by ark2003 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:15 am

Just curious if someone got banned for botting using elven dailies?

kuripot

#9 Post by kuripot » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 am

ark2003 wrote:Just curious if someone got banned for botting using elven dailies?

usually got banned the 24/7 botting or the non-stop

bokagavrilov

#10 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:01 pm

anyone got banned for KS ---ONly KS ;) and if there is someone that its using Ks..for how much time u are already doing it without gettin banned? ^^

Germangold

#11 Post by Germangold » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:38 pm

i always got banned for my only stupid reasons
mostly farming off dailys in public areas afk

now i work over 4 month with KS only and its just great
running 8 chars on KS constantly

works like a charm

tried golden egg for one week only got banned and tiered after that

bokagavrilov

#12 Post by bokagavrilov » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 am

thats what i thought...they seems have special eyes on the dog meat and golden eggs ;)

Nero

#13 Post by Nero » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:11 am

TBH, it helps to be a bit paranoid when botting. It's not a smart idea to bot eggs or meat for 50 lv daily, as it's being done in at least 80% by bots - so you're likely to be found.

Botting eggs is alright as long as you're close to PC, and you've got GMDetect + sound alarm - I wouldn't trust the auto-reply all that much, as it hardly looks natural.

Also, when you're botting KS, you shouldn't do it 24/7, and without changing channels every few runs - it's kind of obvious that someone is botting if you see them every time that you're here, and while Frogster doesn't give a shit about any reports, some GM might actually bother to check on you.

|So, yeah - bot as much as you want, as long as you're smart about it.

Budzer

#14 Post by Budzer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 am

As for KS I found out that channels are changing randomly anyway when exiting instance. Of course no. of chanel at our character portrait doesn't change at all. So i suppose changing channels when botting KS gives nothing...

ctrlaltdelete

#15 Post by ctrlaltdelete » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

I think everyone is forgetting the most important part...

REPORTED!!!

Most of the time you have to be REPORTED to get a ban.
Or you are linked to someone who has been REPORTED!

--------STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE---------
If you bot in front of ten people, your going to get reported (Dog Meat)

--------DO NOT BRAG-----------
If you brag about your success and you do not also say things, like I bought 1,000 diamonds this weekend... Then your acting Suspiscious!!!

--------DO NOT SELL TO THE PUBLIC--------
18 stacks of 99 golden eggs on the Auction house... Same persons name... I wonder if that throws up a big FLAG!!!
Selling hundred stacks of dog meat...

--------DO NOT USE FLY HACK INFRONT OF PEOPLE------
Nuff said.

--------DO NOT USE SPEED HACK INFRONT OF PEOPLE------
Nuff said.

--------DO NOT HACK IN SIEGE------
Nuff said.

The reason Kalin Shrine botters do not get caught (often) is because they bot in a INSTANCE, much like GOLDEN EGGS are found in an INSTANCE...

xplar

#16 Post by xplar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:45 am

^ for sure, i wasn't complaining that i got banned. i knew it was coming, i guess i was just testing to see how long it would take. botting out in the open is obviously risky, dog meat is probably the worst place to bot. eggs are safe, and ill even make a path that circles most of a zone and goes to town ever time around and consider it safe. it all comes down to common sense, if you got banned you were probably being cocky and deserved it like me :P