Loot "Mysterious Treasure Chest" in the tempest heights

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
botique

Loot "Mysterious Treasure Chest" in the tempest heights

#1 Post by botique » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:29 pm

During the Tempest Heights event one have to loot hundred of "Mysterious Treasure Chest".
So far I was unable to loot them (from the command line waypoint) with either player:harvest() or player:target_Object("Mysterious").
Is the any way to accomplish that?

FireWire

Re: Loot "Mysterious Treasure Chest" in the tempest heights

#2 Post by FireWire » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 pm

I am by no means a pro, Or have I yet to do this yet. Have you tried

Code: Select all

"Mysterious Treasure Chest" 
? The Id for this item is also

Btw it's forum rules to use Code around any coding it's found right under the subject line it says Code. Just press that then insert any coding your asking about.
Last edited by FireWire on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

botique

#3 Post by botique » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Using rom\getid.lua, the id for these chests is 101314 through 101321 (there are several "qualities" that share the same name).
Anyways, it does not matter if I use the whole name or just a part of it, or if I use the other parameters of player:target_Object().
Any other ideas? Was anyone able to loot/harvest these things with the bot?

botique

rom\getid.lua does it work properly?

#4 Post by botique » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:27 pm

The id given by rom\getid.lua for "Mysterious Treasure Chest" seems to be way different (something of the order of 101315 vs. 203257) than the one offered by runesdatabase. Which is the right one?

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:25 pm

1xxxxx range ids are usually npcs or objects in world. 2xxxxx range ids are usually items such as in your inventory. When doing a search at runedatabase take note of which tab you're in. For example, if I search for "Mysterious Treasure Chest" I see there are 10 "Items" (203256 to 203265), 1 "Quests" (420360) and 11 "Npcs" (101032 to 101321).

Because there are so many ids it's probably better to use the name. I don't know why it wasn't working. Did you start the commandline at the chest or did you already have it running when you got there? If you started it earlier you would have to have run player:update() before any targeting functions would work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botique

#6 Post by botique » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:53 pm

That is very interesting. Since rom\getid.lua reports npc id in this case, I should probably use

player:target_NPC()
instead of

player:target_Object()
. I will try and report the result.
I tried player:target_Object() when I was already at the chest, from the command line.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:29 am

target_NPC and target_Object essentially target the same way. target_Object just has more options for dealing with the different ways objects can be targeted.
botique wrote:I tried player:target_Object() when I was already at the chest, from the command line.
Yes, but when did you start the commandline?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

botique

#8 Post by botique » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:41 pm

won't work, with or without

player:update()
Chests on the ground are npcs, and probably become objects only when they get in backpack.
The good part is that

player:target_NPC("Mysterious")
works! I just wish it had all the options of

so I could loot/target all these things with just one command.
I noticed something rather unpleasant about targeting NPC. About 50% of the time the chest gets targeted, the progress bar appears for a fraction of second, then it is interrupted, becomes red, and the whole thing stops (usually this is accompanied by a small movement of the character), requiring the command to be reissued. I ended up using

player:update();yrest(2000);player:target_NPC("Mysterious")
which worked better.
Does

give a boolean value that I could possibly use in a loop to loot all the chests?

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:11 pm

No, why would you want to target an npc more than once? You would normally target them only once to bring up their dialog. I don't even think there is a check for casting time so you would have to add a pause afterward to give it time to collect the item.

There really isn't any reason why target_Object wouldn't work. The only thing I can see that might cause it is if you have a low value for the 'HARVEST_DISTANCE' option and you are too far away from the chest.

botique

#10 Post by botique » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:41 am

rock5 wrote:...
There really isn't any reason why target_Object wouldn't work. The only thing I can see that might cause it is if you have a low value for the 'HARVEST_DISTANCE' option and you are too far away from the chest.
No, I am practically on top of the chests. I also have no trouble harvesting ore, wood, herbs, or targeting objects like mailboxes.

So I don't know the deep reason, but those chests can be "looted" by

only.