RoM server Patch 4.0.3. - The Mighty Shield.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
sdude13

Re: RoM server Patch 4.0.3. - The Mighty Shield.

#61 Post by sdude13 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 am

++ thumbs up !!

Marlb0ro

#62 Post by Marlb0ro » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:49 am

Just a letter of appreciation.

Not only do you work on a current active problem immediatly, you also let us know how things stand at the moment. Something Frogster failed to do terribly with this latest patch. Just wanted to express my gratitude, and I'm sure sure many others here feel the same way but just forgot to mention it ;)

Doggybag

#63 Post by Doggybag » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:32 am

I also just want to say: THANK YOU!
You're doing a great job and be sure that all of us admire your commitment.

lolau51

#64 Post by lolau51 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:56 am

Same trouble here

After patch 4.0.3 ; rombot ver 3.29 rev 646

get " micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/memorytable.lua:7: bad argument #2 to 'memoryReaderIntPtr' <number expected, got nil>

I play in french.

So like other people, have nice work ! ;-)

silinky

#65 Post by silinky » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:45 am

you guys should manage runes of magic i think it would be way more fun than with those losers.
it is a shame that a kind of underground boting community is more nice, cool, fast, effective and considerate than Failster and RW employees.
kudos to you guys, and i have begun to create a stansalone autofighter application. when i will advance a little in it, and if it won't be a fail, i will post somewhere for ppl to join in on the developement of features.

have fun all!

Merlin

#66 Post by Merlin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:17 am

I mean this question totaly seriously:

Is there a way to send you something for your work?
Lisa, Rock5 and Admin, you are investing so much time into this, some of us are really apreciating it. And it would be great if we have a way to donate something to make you happy as you make us happy!

Thank you!

And as for the patch if you read this post: https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=413068 I'm certain they will reverse at least some of the changes if they don't want an riot.

dejfit

#67 Post by dejfit » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:32 am

It turned out that UseAction and CastSpellByName still work. They only disabled this functions on standard action bars. You can read about it here : forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showpost.php?p=471251&postcount=56

ichmagbotsyay

#68 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:26 am

if using the addon "extraactionbars", then u can put ur macro in there and then the commands will work again
only the standard action bars have been affected...
if i put the "RB COMMAND" from rombot in this extra action bar from the addon, will i be able to still cast spells using "MACRO" as the hotkey in the profile options?

also, i did a svn-checkout and got a new update.lua, pawn.lua and addresses.lua... when i start the bot i get the following error though: "scripts/rom/classes/memorytable.lua:7: bad argument #2 to 'memoryReadIntPtr' (number expected, got nil)"
running update.lua doesnt help :( what am i doing wrong?

bokagavrilov

#69 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:04 am

ichmagbotsyay wrote:if using the addon "extraactionbars", then u can put ur macro in there and then the commands will work again
only the standard action bars have been affected...
if i put the "RB COMMAND" from rombot in this extra action bar from the addon, will i be able to still cast spells using "MACRO" as the hotkey in the profile options?

also, i did a svn-checkout and got a new update.lua, pawn.lua and addresses.lua... when i start the bot i get the following error though: "scripts/rom/classes/memorytable.lua:7: bad argument #2 to 'memoryReadIntPtr' (number expected, got nil)"
running update.lua doesnt help :( what am i doing wrong?

it still doesnt work :) but they are working on it ..so it should work soon i hope ;P

lisa

#70 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 am

ichmagbotsyay wrote:if i put the "RB COMMAND" from rombot in this extra action bar from the addon, will i be able to still cast spells using "MACRO" as the hotkey in the profile options?
It is tricky to set up but yes you can, I am testing it at the moment.
Keep in mind they did what they did for a reason and will probably patch it soon to make sure addons can't bepass what they intended to do. So it may not be worth the effort.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Nevex

#71 Post by Nevex » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:25 am

Will we need to update the millers ranch script or the optimized version...or are the changes all in the bot itself.

lisa

#72 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:26 am

at this stage it doesn't look like any existing WP will be affected, alterations are being done to the bot itself to work around what they did in patch.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#73 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:36 am

BTW I wouldn't rush out and get that addon,
I am going through the 3000 lines of code atm and I am trying to work out why a bar addon needs an event monitor for whispers.....

bokagavrilov

#74 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:37 am

lisa wrote:BTW I wouldn't rush out and get that addon,
I am going through the 3000 lines of code atm and I am trying to work out why a bar addon needs an event monitor for whispers.....

:) isnt that a bit strange

SpiralV

#75 Post by SpiralV » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 am

I've checked memorytable.lua and it works but the static addresses/offsets seems to be broken so i can't find them because of too many indirect pointers.

lisa

#76 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 am

Ok latest update.

Addresses and offsets are all found and correct, memorytable works fine again.

Changed bot to go back to using hotkeys instead of macro for skills. changed it to look for attack skill which must now be on the action bar somewhere.

Issue atm is the targeting and using objects, they changed the rules for clicking objects and you can't just use attack skill to use them anymore, well more accurately you can't actual target them anymore. So working on that, testing atm has been causing occasional crashes, so not ready to update SVN just yet. If we did we would just get 100 posts of my game keeps crashing.

Late for me, so heading to bed now. Will pick it up again tomorrow and try to fix the last few issues.

People could get their hotkeys ready and adjust their profiles to match the skills to keys while they wait =)

We are looking into why the functions work through the extraactionbars addon and not through normal bars, might be able to just create a small addon to do it all with the bot, might.

Nite all

bokagavrilov

#77 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 am

lisa wrote:Ok latest update.

Addresses and offsets are all found and correct, memorytable works fine again.

Changed bot to go back to using hotkeys instead of macro for skills. changed it to look for attack skill which must now be on the action bar somewhere.

Issue atm is the targeting and using objects, they changed the rules for clicking objects and you can't just use attack skill to use them anymore, well more accurately you can't actual target them anymore. So working on that, testing atm has been causing occasional crashes, so not ready to update SVN just yet. If we did we would just get 100 posts of my game keeps crashing.

Late for me, so heading to bed now. Will pick it up again tomorrow and try to fix the last few issues.

People could get their hotkeys ready and adjust their profiles to match the skills to keys while they wait =)

We are looking into why the functions work through the extraactionbars addon and not through normal bars, might be able to just create a small addon to do it all with the bot, might.

Nite all

ty for the g8 job :)

rock5

#78 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Revision 647

I fixed the last little problem. It seems to be working properly now. I've run a few scripts. Tested MRC_Optimised (with updated swim hack) and Cot_tele (updated) and they worked. Tested the main functions they seem to be working.

I think lisa said there are a couple of addresses left. Lisa will have to confirm.

There are furthur developements to look forward to but it might take us some time to iron out so instead of keeping you guys waiting I thought it would be better to release so you can start botting and help us test.

Note: You need to put the 'Attack' action key in the actionbar and you need to put your skills in the action bar and setup your profile to match their hotkeys. No more using "MACRO". Well not until we fix it. :) Which probably wont be long.

Enjoy. I'm going to bed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

FireWire

#79 Post by FireWire » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Great job Lisa and Rock, you 2 do an amazing job, keep us up to date with everything and help with all our little problems :D Keep up the great work

jboggan

#80 Post by jboggan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:40 pm

dont we all just love us hacker/programer types that are so much smarter than these "programer/developers" of these games
they screw us over we fix it and they get mad