New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
nerf

Re: New EggPet class.

#161 Post by nerf » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:29 am

please we need the solution of the bot in the miller's ranch, the mobs kill standart bot is already running, now need this, please help

rock5

#162 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:19 pm

nerf wrote:please we need the solution of the bot in the miller's ranch, the mobs kill standart bot is already running, now need this, please help
You're off topic. This thread is about the EggPet Class.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

nerf

#163 Post by nerf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:24 pm

rock5 wrote:
nerf wrote:please we need the solution of the bot in the miller's ranch, the mobs kill standart bot is already running, now need this, please help
You're off topic. This thread is about the EggPet Class.

There are some related post on the subject?

noobot

#164 Post by noobot » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:27 am

Hi,

sorry for noob question but i tried to find the script and couldn't and don't get how it works.

I would like to have a pet which is farming ressources alone. Can you give me the link to this script or paste it here?

If it's already included somewhere, i didn't get how to run it.

Thanks in advance for help.

rock5

#165 Post by rock5 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:22 am

noobot wrote:Hi,

sorry for noob question but i tried to find the script and couldn't and don't get how it works.

I would like to have a pet which is farming ressources alone. Can you give me the link to this script or paste it here?

If it's already included somewhere, i didn't get how to run it.

Thanks in advance for help.
The EggPet class is part of rombot. To use it you need to set up the eggpet settings in your profile. Then when you are running any waypoint file it will use your pet/pets as you've set them up in your profile.
http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... _-_Options
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

noobot

#166 Post by noobot » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 am

many thanks for answer

Dsanchez

#167 Post by Dsanchez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 am

I ran across a few problems using the eggpet enabled and was wondering if there was a fix for them. 1. It will try to summon the eggpet while in combat, resulting in getting beatdown by mobs for an unreasonable amount of time. 2. It will feed an eggpet after dying and lay there without ressing.

Thanks.

rock5

#168 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:50 am

Why does it try to summon the pet during combat? Is it when the pet dies during combat? I would think that would hardly ever happen. I guess we could add a combat check.

If we fix this I expect the second problem might fix itself. Does it try to feed the pet when it dies or even when it doesn't die?

botje

#169 Post by botje » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 am

same problems i have been having.

it tries to call pet when i die, thus not ressing my char.

and first problem i have too xd

something i do see sometimes too, when my pet fights, bot goes haywire, it doesnt help pet, but tries to go on his way, but waypoints dont get followed anymore O.o

Botje

Dsanchez

#170 Post by Dsanchez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:45 am

Pet doesn't die but it will unsummon pet to feed it.

rock5

#171 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:36 am

So the problem is it's feeding the pet during combat?

Thinking about it, returning the pet and feeding it isn't a problem as it's very fast and can't be interrupted. Resommoning it is the problem which his what I think you guys are saying.

I just checked the CEggPet:Summon() function and it already has a check to see if you are battling. But it looks like its designed to continue trying to summon the pet after the fight. If you die during that fight it gets stuck in the loop trying to feed the pet. I think just checking to see if you are alive should fix it. Could you try the following?

Change line 218 of eggpet.lua to

Code: Select all

while self.EggId > 0 and self.Summoned == false and player.Alive and player.HP > 0 do
and let me know how it goes.

Dsanchez

#172 Post by Dsanchez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:50 pm

no, the problem is it's trying to summon the pet while in combat. the pet is getting summoned not because it died but it was unsummoned so that it could be fed. i'll edit the code and see how it works.

ty

rock5

#173 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 pm

I understood that.

The feeding of a pet has 3 parts, returning the pet, feeding the pet and resummoning the pet. The whole process shouldn't start while in combat so I'm assuming it starts fighting just after starting the feeding process. The first 2 steps shouldn't be a problem because they happen instantly and can't be interrupted. The problem is if it is in combat when it's trying to resummon the pet and the character dies, then it will get stuck in a loop trying to feed the pet. The change I suggested above should stop it from trying to summon the pet and allow the bot to continue.

Dsanchez

#174 Post by Dsanchez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:42 pm

also, when the pet is summoned and i die, it will feed the pet then continue trying to cast skills while i am still dead and not res. this is with the edited line above. i haven't run into the problem with summoning pet in combat yet, i'll keep you updated.

thanks

rock5

#175 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Are you saying it tries to feed the pet after you died? What skills does it try to cast when it's dead? Maybe if you pasted a copy of the micromacro output from when this happened might be useful.

Dsanchez

#176 Post by Dsanchez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:06 pm

it does feed the pet after i'm dead. then it'll continue to try casting spells. atm i'm playing k/p so it was spamming urgent heal nonstop while i was dead.

rock5

#177 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 am

The bot should detect that you are dead when normally casting skills. Is it possible you added some code somewhere that casts heal until you are healed so it gets stuck in a loop? Maybe in one of the profile events?

Dsanchez

#178 Post by Dsanchez » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:43 pm

when i reported the error no, it was just in the regular list. but since then i've added my heals to the onskillcast section and the error happened there as well.

note: regenerate is still not in the onskillcast section, it is only in the regular section for skills

lisa

#179 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Are you using partyhealer.xml ??
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#180 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Can we have a look at your onskillcast section?