disturbing bot error

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ovidus

disturbing bot error

#1 Post by ovidus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:16 am

Hi guys, sorry this i my first post, so i'm sorry if i miss in something.

My problem is: I had to reinstall everything on my pc, because of soem problems, but i still have runes of magic and micromacro. Before of installing everything, it was any problem, with the bots, now there is a problem which, the bots stops of doing his job, and start click "esc" without any stop.

How i can solve this? it makes me furious when i try to do something with other accounts and cant do it beause of this.

Thx for reading and i hope you can help me.

squeekthegeek

Re: disturbing bot error

#2 Post by squeekthegeek » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:22 am

Ok, I understand.

You bot does the job?! then stops doing it and then clicks "esc" forever?!

Screenshots, error logs, anything?

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:30 pm

What it is trying to do is close an edit box. It thinks there is one open so it's trying to close it by pressing "esc". You can confirm this by manaully opening the chat edit by pressing enter and then try the bot again. It should then work.

The problem is that when the client is first started the memory flag we check shows that the edit box is open even though it isn't. It does start showing the right value until the edit box is first opened. There is code to deal with this. I don't know why it isn't working. Is your version of the bot up to date and with no conflicts?

Also maybe there is a game addon that is getting edit box focus in the background?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Murky

#4 Post by Murky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:51 pm

rock5 wrote:What it is trying to do is close an edit box. It thinks there is one open so it's trying to close it by pressing "esc". You can confirm this by manaully opening the chat edit by pressing enter and then try the bot again. It should then work.

The problem is that when the client is first started the memory flag we check shows that the edit box is open even though it isn't. It does start showing the right value until the edit box is first opened. There is code to deal with this. I don't know why it isn't working. Is your version of the bot up to date and with no conflicts?

Also maybe there is a game addon that is getting edit box focus in the background?
Having the same problem. edit box?

any idea on how to fix it.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:06 pm

Murky wrote: Having the same problem. edit box?

Does anything I said in my previous post, ring a bell?

By 'edit box' I mean where you enter text. If you press ENTER to send a chat, that's an edit box. Anywhere you can click in addons and such, that allows you to type some text, is an edit box. If an edit box has focus ie. has the flashing cursor and is waiting for user input, then it will interfere with the bot running. That is why it tries to close it typically by pressing ESC.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Murky

#6 Post by Murky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:16 pm

rock5 wrote:
Murky wrote: Having the same problem. edit box?

Does anything I said in my previous post, ring a bell?

By 'edit box' I mean where you enter text. If you press ENTER to send a chat, that's an edit box. Anywhere you can click in addons and such, that allows you to type some text, is an edit box. If an edit box has focus ie. has the flashing cursor and is waiting for user input, then it will interfere with the bot running. That is why it tries to close it typically by pressing ESC.
Okay i understand that a little better now thanks for the clarification.
I have no other addons that allow me to type anywhere.
It works perfect for a good while then starts doing it all of a sudden, i can't see anything that is causing it visually at least. such as like notifications of messages or anything along those lines.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 pm

The problem I described previously only happens just after a character is loaded. If your problem happens after it's been running for a while then it is a different issue.

I can't really think of a reason it would happen. I think maybe there is actually an edit box with focus. Maybe a hidden one. That's all I can think of. Did you try manually opening the chat edit box to see if it fixed it? If there is a hidden edit box then that would take focus from it and the bot should then work. Also maybe you should try removing your addons and seeing if that makes a difference (make sure you make a backup of your "Documents\Runes of Magic\" folder first). How many addons do you use? Which ones do you use?

Murky

#8 Post by Murky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:36 pm

rock5 wrote:The problem I described previously only happens just after a character is loaded. If your problem happens after it's been running for a while then it is a different issue.

I can't really think of a reason it would happen. I think maybe there is actually an edit box with focus. Maybe a hidden one. That's all I can think of. Did you try manually opening the chat edit box to see if it fixed it? If there is a hidden edit box then that would take focus from it and the bot should then work. Also maybe you should try removing your addons and seeing if that makes a difference (make sure you make a backup of your "Documents\Runes of Magic\" folder first). How many addons do you use? Which ones do you use?
when i clicked enter it closed the chat box and kept pressing ESC.

scrutinizer
Ultimatemailmod
Lootamatic
PetAutoCraft
pbInfo
Advanced auction house
monstercardtooltip
invitelast group
fusion
autozoomout
daily notes

removing them now and trying.

"thanks for the help btw"

Murky

#9 Post by Murky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 pm

ok removed all of them and it ran for like 10 seconds and started pressing esc.

also i kept getting the Cannot get log event for monitor 'GmDetect'. No such monitor name exists which i never got before.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:51 pm

I don't know. Maybe your ESC key gets stuck?

Murky

#11 Post by Murky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 pm

rock5 wrote:I don't know. Maybe your ESC key gets stuck?

No :/

i keep seeing

Aggro Wait Time Out.

and the bot still moves and stuff just keeps popping up the esc menu.
and it keeps losing the target but it still attacks without showing the monster's target?

any idea?