[rombot] - wander

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Dsanchez

[rombot] - wander

#1 Post by Dsanchez » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 pm

hi, i just wanted to say i love this tool. it reminds me a lot of glider. i'm hoping to see something like ppather come out for it. anyways i use the wander option a lot since i hate making paths. i like to just leave it running and pause the script when i change my grinding area. although when i change to my new area is there a way to also change my central wander point without having to reload the script? also is there a way to implement a smarter way of gathering materials and implement them into the wander script? i tried just adding the gather command to every line in a waypoint file but it seems to just cause my character to pause at every waypoint. maybe there is a way to make it hunt them like it does mobs.

thanks

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: [rombot] - wander

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:54 am

You should be able to just pause (DELETE key by default), manually move to the new location, and resume (END by default) and it should move the new wander location to wherever you were standing when you resumed. That is, if I remember correctly.

As far as harvesting goes, there shouldn't be any large delays. I think only a few hundred milliseconds at most. What kind of delay are you experiencing?

Dsanchez

#3 Post by Dsanchez » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 am

nah, if i pause the bot and restart it at a new location it will still try to wander off where i first started it. would it be possible to just add a new key... maybe HOME to set it a new home location? the delay of the harvest waypoints is about a second for each position. i'll just spend some time making new ones instead of using my hunting waypoints. it's probably because i'm setting the range so high.

thanks

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:53 am

If that is the case, it seems like a bug. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to set the new wander point on resume.

Either way, wander mode is pretty bad. There is no reason to use it over normal waypoints.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:20 am

I rarely use it but I think wander mode has it's uses. If you want to quickly start killing stuff in an area and don't want to go to the hassle of creating a waypoint file, especially if it's a once off, you can just use wander mode.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kanta

#6 Post by kanta » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I've actually been playing around with an idea and it basically works. I made a userfunction

Code: Select all

function myfight()

while player:hasTarget() do

player:fight();

end
end		

Then I start up the bot in command line mode, type in "myfight()" and when I target something the bot kills it. Only thing that makes this not so usable is the time that the bot takes to clear the target before it will fight the next mob I target. If I target something before the bot has done it's clear target command it just sits there not attacking.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Have you tried my "rbassist.xml" file? Try

Code: Select all

rom/bot path:rbassist
It basically attacks anything you target but also uses pots and keeps you buffed between battles. It also has a few options to use it different ways.

I believe though that this also has a bit of a pause where you have to wait for it to loot and clear the target. I don't believe there is any way to speed it up because it's just how long the fight function takes.

There are 2 things that could make it take longer. If you have code in the <onLoaveCombat> that takes time and if you have a value set for "LOOT_PAUSE_AFTER" in your profile options. So check those.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro