Setup rebot,rock5,MM and addons ingamefunctions

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Jumper844

Setup rebot,rock5,MM and addons ingamefunctions

#1 Post by Jumper844 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:57 am

How to install and configure rebot,rock5,MM and addons ingamefunctions this so that work well and correctly.
Where can i download.

rock5

Re: Setup rebot,rock5,MM and addons ingamefunctions

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:22 am

Are you asking for instructions on how to set up the bot? Follow these instructions;
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=21&t=163
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Jumper844

#3 Post by Jumper844 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 am

how to start and setup Millers Ranch Scripts

kanta

#4 Post by kanta » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:17 pm

If you would bother to read the link Rock linked and possibly some other posts you can find via the forum search you would be able to set it up. The answers are already out there.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

MiesterMan

#5 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:17 pm

As the progression of addons for the bot was a trying one, it might be confusing without proper instructions (makes sense now :lol: ).

I couldn't find the instructions through search on the forum or wiki and I'm pretty sure the wiki, though having an Addon Repository doesn't have the instructions. Maybe we could put a brief explanation at the beginning of the Repository?

Anyways, to answer the question about how to install the addon:
  • First we'll differentiate between the two kinds of addons.

Runes of Magic Addons are modifications to the game's user interface that can either be downloaded from Curse.com: http://rom.curse.com/downloads/rom-addons/default.aspx or if modified from this forum in the related thread. These addons are stored in the Runes of Magic\interface\addons directory as you'll see in the explanations on Curse.com.

RoMBot userfunctions are files that contain extra functions users can add to their own bot. The files are lua files that are prefixed with "userfunction_" (i.e. userfunction_catchcavy.lua) that you can download from the related threads to the micromacro\scripts\rom\userfunctions folder for your use. Once you've downloaded the file to the proper directory the bot will automatically load it the next time it is run and you can use the functions it contains in your waypoint scripts (usually there are instructions how to use them on the page you download from).
    You can also get instructions for the ones in the Repository on their links: http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... Repository
As for the chicken script, it doesn't require any addons but you will need to download the waypoint file from the Rock5's post in this section of the forum. (http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=1478)
Last edited by MiesterMan on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 am

MiesterMan wrote:As the progression of addons for the bot was a trying one, it might be confusing without proper instructions (especially when it comes to differentiating between game addons and bot addons, really it should have been left as "userfunctions" and made to "userfunctions_" prefix but we won't get into that).
It's been awhile since the userfunctions folder was added to rombot. Initially it was called "addons" folder but I quickly pointed out to the Administrator that it would cause confusion so he changed it to "userfunctions" folder to keep with the idea of the older "userfunctions.lua" file. I think initially he didn't change the requirements for the file names but eventually he changed it to the "userfunction_" prefix.

So in the current version "userfunctions.lua" is still supported and is a good place to add your own personalised custom functions. When creating userfunction files to be shared with others it needs to be prefixed by "userfunction_". "addon_" is still supported for backward compatability and you may see some older userfunctions that still have this "prefix".

So everyone should be calling rombot function files "userfunctions" not "addons". "addons" should only refer to game addons.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

MiesterMan

#7 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 am

:lol: I didn't know that. Yes, lots of confusion! I even got points in the progression mixed up.

I liked the packaging though. Similar to how I can scan through all the different classes to find what I need, it would be awful if all my custom functions were in the same file.

Will edit my post above for this.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 am

Really, each entry in the repository should have instructions on how to install and use it on their page as not all of them are standard userfunction files.

Although not all of them do.

Jumper844

#9 Post by Jumper844 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:11 am

Colud You send me whole and configured Script to gold egg so I coldu paste it Runes of magic and work properly. Please

Jumper844

#10 Post by Jumper844 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 am

such an error
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg

MiesterMan

#11 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 am

Ok, now you're just being ornery. Please read the instructions.

There error message even tells you what's wrong and it has nothing to do with the chicken script.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:20 am

I think it is pretty obvious this person just wants someone to do everything for them so they can just click something and get hundreds of golden eggs.
Good luck with that.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kanta

#13 Post by kanta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Yup, it's people like him that have gotten me frustrated and that frustration comes out in some of my posts... When I first started, I did my best to get things running on my own as many of us have. The pain of it is that if you help someone like him once, then they will never try to do anything on their own.

"They did it for me once, I'll keep bugging till they do it again."
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

Administrator
Site Admin

#14 Post by Administrator » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah, I'm just going to lock this thread.

Would be nice if people read the rules once after the signed up.