Planting

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kanta

Planting

#1 Post by kanta » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:41 am

Have there been any attempts at making a planting care bot? I tried doing a forum search but really only found a post about an auto login script. I have my pets auto gathering (as long as I have enough tools in my bags) thanks to 2 addons I found, but it would be nice to have something going to be able to farm higher refined materials.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

deveyus

Re: Planting

#2 Post by deveyus » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:33 am

They're object in the gameworld I would assume, so they should be in the objects list? (Just a guess)

There are addons that auto feed and water your plants when you open them, so it'd just be a matter of finding them and using them with those addons I'd guess.

kanta

#3 Post by kanta » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:44 pm

It's been a while since I made this post. Has anyone attempted this yet or is this another thing I'll have to muddle through trying to make?

--------------------
Just tried some initial testing. Can't seem to get it to interact with the pots. Tried every targeting option. They all see the pots, but none of them open the interface.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I get the impression plant care isn't considered profitable so there's not much interest in it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kanta

#5 Post by kanta » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:11 pm

It's the amount of attention you need to pay to the plants that makes people not want to deal with it. Remembering when to water them etc. The materials you get from planting are already refined, and in large quantities when you do it right, so the profit margin is there if done correctly. I guess it also depends on the server people play on because prices can vary from server to server. With a bot all the hassle could be gotten rid of. But then again, now all people have to do is have multiple clients running and let their pets gather as long as they have the gold to buy the tools.

MiesterMan

#6 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 am

kanta wrote:It's the amount of attention you need to pay to the plants that makes people not want to deal with it. Remembering when to water them etc. The materials you get from planting are already refined, and in large quantities when you do it right, so the profit margin is there if done correctly. I guess it also depends on the server people play on because prices can vary from server to server. With a bot all the hassle could be gotten rid of. But then again, now all people have to do is have multiple clients running and let their pets gather as long as they have the gold to buy the tools.
My guild was hard against my doing planting, they kept saying not to do it so I didn't advance past 10. How much do you get for high lvl planting? Maybe I'll look into it.

Giram

#7 Post by Giram » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 am

I think there is change to get some special items from planting. If i understanded and remember one post correctly, in chapter 4 you will need to do planting in order to get items for new moa items.

kanta

#8 Post by kanta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

MiesterMan wrote: My guild was hard against my doing planting, they kept saying not to do it so I didn't advance past 10. How much do you get for high lvl planting? Maybe I'll look into it.
I can't remember exactly how much you get. It's been so long since I've done anything with my planters that I even forgot the secondary password and junk email I used to create the account.... I know they were level 50+... And I didn't do it half way, I did one full account for each type of material... Yes, that's 24 planters I took care of every day (my wife helped once I got them to around the mid 40's).

nokirk

#9 Post by nokirk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 pm

Couple of months ago I looked into this stuff but actually couldn't figure out a way to open the next plant interface. First one is not difficult and there are enough addons that do the actual plantation care once that interface has been opened. The problem is selecting and opening the next one, tried a lot of romscript-functions but none of them worked for me. I think the romscript function that is needed here is not really documented yet, so I guess a tool for finding out what functions rom actually uses would be kind of helpfull, I don't have that.

More insight would be much appreciated.

Oh and from a friend I know that it's worth it, from some point on you don't even have to water or do anything in between just seed it, feed it up and harvest after 2 days, that's it.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 pm

if you tell me the name of the addon it wouldn't take much to get the required functions to get the bot to make it do what you want.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

nokirk

#11 Post by nokirk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 pm

http://rom.curse.com/downloads/rom-addo ... tcare.aspx

With this addon you need to ALT-click on the seed you wish to plant (if you have Streamline-addon you might have to deactivate an option which also uses ALT-clicks) and after that every time you open a plant interface PlantCare does the seeding, watering and fertilizing .

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:02 pm

I'll have a play around with it, first glance it looks like the creator didn't make things easy lol Instead of just calling a function on click it actually makes a long function check for if alt key is held down. So might have to do something creative.

Not making this a priority for me, lots on my plate atm but if anything comes to mind for a quick solution I'll post it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

kanta

#13 Post by kanta » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:56 pm

I took a quick look in the Plantcare addon yesterday to see if I could modify the feeding of the plants. Seems it's a modified version of an addon I used to use back when planting was first introduced called Greenthumb. I saw some functions in Plantcare still labeled as Greenthumb. I don't believe you can find it on curse any more so I'll tag the lua file to my post. I think the coding in the original addon is more simplified. (There's other files needed by the addon, so it can't be used in the game with just this file).
Attachments
GreenThumb.lua
(27.42 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

lisa

#14 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Ok I bought myself some pots and a few plants, some compost and water.

Let me see if I am on the right track.

To enable the addon to work with the alt right click you need to first bring up a pot interface by clicking a pot. Then you right click the seed and the addon askes you to click which pot to add it to. click pot. it plants it and then adds what ever water and compost is needed.

It does a chat post to say you need to tend plants if it gets low of water or compost.

You need to click each pot in order for it to automatically add water and compost.

The depreciation is on an hourly basis and changes depending on "something"

So after working out how to use the addon functions, which probably won't be so hard as I can probably bypass all the alt click stuff by entering the info into the function directly with a bot userfunction, when using the function you would need to set the args to plant what you want and in which pot.

After seeds are planted you need to click the pots every now and then, like hours later, in order to top up the water and compost and probably to harvest it. After harvest then plant another seed.

Since some pots have same name and people might have a few of the same pot, prob best to get the pot addresses and keep a table of info for them on start up. Might be over thinking it there though.

Does that sound about right so far?

nokirk

#15 Post by nokirk » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:42 am

Wasn't sure if Greenthumb still works, if it does it should be also a very good basis.

I think both addons recognise what kind of pot you have and select the right kind of seed. That's important cause in case you use a pot for wood and plant an ore seed, the water and fertilizer will be used up faster than with the right kind of seed.
So, when using the functions from the addon you musn't worry about the right combination of seed and pot.
There's quite a selection of different water and fertilizer, I learned that the cheapest ones are good all the time from level 1 to 60-whatever. Plus, better profits.
I think pots should always be the best ones you can get for your skilllevel. Would be nice if that could be done by the bot, otherwise you'd have to do it manually.
There should be the possibility to select the kind of seed - maybe the bot could take that as a basis and buy pots accordingly?
And there should be the possibility to select the level of seed that's being planted, the highest possible seed is not always the one you might want.
Oh and one thing, from level 1 to 19 you can only have 5 pots in your house, but after completing the level 20 quest (which can be done by obtaining 3 special plants) you can have 10 pots.

Hope that input helps a little, thank you Lisa for taking the issue on your to-do list!

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:56 am

the addon put a wood seed in a herb pot, I only had 1 pot and 1 seed. Didn't know there was types at the time.

I am thinking probably easier to make this into a new class, wouldn't be hard to use the names and have a type to differenciate between the 3 types.

the nutrient loss when the wrong type of seed is in pot is increased, so yeah it would use more water/fertiliser.

So basically you want a character to sit in house and tend the 10 plants? So just kind of click on them every hour to top up water/fertiliser and then harvest/plant new seeds as required ?

Or are you thinking of having an account of characters tending 10 plants each and topping them all up every hour and doing the harvest/plant aswell? So each character would log on each hour for basically a few mins each?

nokirk

#17 Post by nokirk » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:21 am

lisa wrote:the addon put a wood seed in a herb pot, I only had 1 pot and 1 seed. Didn't know there was types at the time.

I am thinking probably easier to make this into a new class, wouldn't be hard to use the names and have a type to differenciate between the 3 types.

the nutrient loss when the wrong type of seed is in pot is increased, so yeah it would use more water/fertiliser.

So basically you want a character to sit in house and tend the 10 plants? So just kind of click on them every hour to top up water/fertiliser and then harvest/plant new seeds as required ?

Or are you thinking of having an account of characters tending 10 plants each and topping them all up every hour and doing the harvest/plant aswell? So each character would log on each hour for basically a few mins each?
If the plant is feed and watered up to the top it's even on skill-level 1 enough to login every like 8 hours, fill up everything again and the plant will be perfect at the end. Later on you won't have to do anything in between, seed, water and fertilize it, log out and 35 hrs (?) later you can log back in and the plant is ready for harvesting. So yes, you'd do it with a whole account full of chars and you don't need to monitor it all the time.

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:45 am

that was interesting, the addon posted a message when plant needed attention on a different account.
Probably wouldn't rely on this though as that info is no doubt in savedvariables.lua which is very unreliable when using multiclients.

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Hmm I topped up plants to max before bed, it was about 10 hours before I got back to check on them and it was fine. Seems you can leave the plants for much longer and they will be ok.

I need to see what the addon does when plant is ready for harvest before working out how to handle the rest of the plant care.

going to take a few days to get this worked out and best way to deal with planting.

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Ok little bit of an update.

if you click on an empty pot, pick up a seed from bag and then do a romscript for these functions it will plant the seed.

Code: Select all

Plant_PickupItem("seed")
Plant_Grow("seed")
Can simply just click on the pots and it will auto feed/water and harvest.

So should be farely simple to make a userfunction and WP for this.