Need help on bot error

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
azzi_x

Need help on bot error

#1 Post by azzi_x » Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi all,

I keep getting the following error shown in the attachment. Im trying to bot the Miller chicken quest. I'm new to botting so I dont know what else to provide. Pls help.
Attachments
x2.jpg

lisa

Re: Need help on bot error

#2 Post by lisa » Wed May 25, 2011 6:28 pm

you need to have the actual RoM game running before you try to initialize the bot. That error is because you don't have RoM running with a character loaded.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

azzi_x

#3 Post by azzi_x » Wed May 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Actually, the first error I encountered was this:
img = i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/hackNcrack/vxxxw/x4.jpg

I searched around the forum for a solution and found this thread:
url = solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=878&p=8432

I did the instructions and it worked but then another error had pop up. This came out:
img = i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/hackNcrack/vxxxw/x1.jpg

I searched for a solution again and found this:
url = solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2133&start=80

I did as what arcad have done. I ran rom/update which was wrong. Jackblonder posted a reply and I followed his instructions. However it didnt work. functions.lua still has a red mark and when I run micromacro, its asking me to run rom/update. Then I re-read arcad's post and he restarted the process from beginning. I did the same, this time I didnt edit the functions.lua. And now I'm getting the error from my first post.

Pls. help.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 pm

hmm that last link was from a topic back in january.

Ok well the image you posted on first post said your revision is 604 which is the current revision.

If you have files with red marks then right click your bot's rom folder and then TortoiseSVN menu drop down then click Revert.. it has a blue arrow that swirls in an anticlockwise direction. It will update all files and so you shouldn't have any red marks anymore.

Make sure to update your micromacro folder aswell and if any red marks do a revert on it too.

Then try running bot again.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

azzi_x

#5 Post by azzi_x » Wed May 25, 2011 11:59 pm

How do I know I have the updated micromacro? I downloaded the one from this site's download page last week. Is it like svn update?

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 am

My guess, you are running an older version of the game client. You probably need to run an older version of the bot that matches your client.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Thu May 26, 2011 12:05 am

yeah it works the same way for rom update with svn except it's a different url

Pretty sure it is
or maybe check the game client version and see if it the same as ours like rock sugguested =)
Mine is 3.0.11.2393.en
It shows on the launcher screen.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:44 am

lisa wrote:Mine is 3.0.11.2393.en
Really? Mine says 3.0.10.2385.en. I wonder why that is? Maybe that has something to do with those item id errors.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Giram

#9 Post by Giram » Thu May 26, 2011 2:49 am

Could the version be different on slim and full client?

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:53 am

Giram wrote:Could the version be different on slim and full client?
I don't think so. Probably different server. I thought my server used the latest. Guess I was wrong.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Thu May 26, 2011 2:58 am

Mines 4.8 gig including addons so we are both using slim

azzi_x

#12 Post by azzi_x » Thu May 26, 2011 7:20 am

Mine is older. It's 3.0.4.2399.ae

How should I correct this? Should I downgrade my micromacro? If so, how do do I do that? Sorry for all the trouble.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:41 am

To downgrade the bot, right click the rom folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Upgrade to revision..." then type in a revision number and press OK.

azzi_x

#14 Post by azzi_x » Thu May 26, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks. I suppose you dont know which exact number I should input? Or do I have to keep guessing and testing? Or is there a site I can check which will work for the version I have? :)

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:42 am

This post gives some instructions on how to find what version to use.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =21&t=1121