no spam here. get out

Whatever you want here. Just make sure it's off topic. Which...I guess if the topic is being off topic, then it means you should be on topic. Understand?
kx9488

no spam here. get out

#1 Post by kx9488 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 pm

why can't i post replies to my own topics... or anyone else's for that matter????

i go to post and i get this message:

"no spam here. get out"

i often use ctrl+a and ctrl+c to save my messages or if i am coppying quotes to reply to more than one person at a time in a post.... i didnt need to do that here, is that why i was able to create this topic and not post in others?... is that part of the new spammer filter?

*edit

also noticed that i now cannot add pictures to posts that i have already made without getting this message... lol

anyone know why the admin did this?

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: no spam here. get out

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:14 am

Sorry for the inconvenience. That's not an intended behavior. Whenever you get this, send a copy of the message to admin(at)solarstrike.net with a subject of "Spam filter." I'll get it corrected right away.

Much of the patterns in place right now are only a temporary (but very effective) solution. For awhile, the wiki was getting about 100 spam posts a day, which I had to manually go through. Now, it's down to zero. The forums have also seen quite a significant decline in the spam (in fact, I don't think I've seen any for about a week now).

kx9488

Re: no spam here. get out

#3 Post by kx9488 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:13 am

thanks for the reply :)

i sent you a message.

is it looking for ctrl+c ? i think it is whenever i coppy/paste into my post