gathering bot, quick question.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
IKneX

gathering bot, quick question.

#1 Post by IKneX » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:05 am

First of all Id like to say this is a awesome bot and you guys are doing a great job!

Id like to make a gathering bot macro, but I was just wondering how do I make it so my charecter will NOT attack ANYTHING. I just want him to go from waypoint to waypoint without attacking targets.

Thanks!

rock5

Re: gathering bot, quick question.

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:10 am

• Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

S3v3n11

#3 Post by S3v3n11 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:11 am

Set the waypoint file to TRAVEL.

Code: Select all

<waypoints type="TRAVEL" >

IKneX

#4 Post by IKneX » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:26 am

ahh very good, thanks very much!

IKneX

#5 Post by IKneX » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Also, is there a way to make it so he will just run around a area i tell him to and automatically harvest? instead of going to every single herb, ore and wood on the map and setting waypoints? I just want him to randomly run around and harvest.

IKneX

#6 Post by IKneX » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I tryed using wander but... he just wandered and killed stuff, is it possible to make him wander on a waypoint and gather when a mineral is around?

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:45 pm

I think it would be a good idea if the bot searched for harvestables as part of it's target searching function
I've suggested it to the administrator in the past but he didn't like the idea.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

IKneX

#8 Post by IKneX » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:37 pm

that would be a great idea... being able to let the bot just walk around looking for harvestibles, i guess it looks like way point to waypoint

Administrator
Site Admin

#9 Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 am

Problem is, this would cause getting stuck so much more often. The only way around this would be to restrict it to only searching right next to the player. If you're going to do that, you might as well just mark nodes manually.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 am

Administrator wrote:Problem is, this would cause getting stuck so much more often. The only way around this would be to restrict it to only searching right next to the player. If you're going to do that, you might as well just mark nodes manually.
Why would it get stuck? If a monster is a valid target at 150 why can't it go and collect a node at that distance? Issues with getting stuck would be the same for mobs as it is for nodes wouldn't it?

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:59 am

You're free to experiment with it. I just think it would be too messy. You would have to also make sure you kill nearby enemies before running to the node to make sure you don't pull aggro and end up getting killed.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:05 am

Maybe I'll put it on my todo list. I don't have the time right now.

IKneX

#13 Post by IKneX » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:43 am

If you write a script, id be more then happy to test it.