MicroMacro

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
crackpod

MicroMacro

#1 Post by crackpod » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:37 am

Hey,
I only recently found out about MicroMacro and some general questions came up:
To me MicroMacro seems like a library with a Lua binding. In other words you provide Lua with functions and classes
which help you to automate tasks, as it seems, especially aimed at writing bots for MMORPGs. Is that about right?

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: MicroMacro

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 am

Yes. That is, for the most part, correct. It also includes a compiler/interpreter, protected environment and all sorts of extras, but you've got the basic idea.

With plugins, you can also use it for an assortment of things, such as injecting wallhacks/aimbots into FPS games, as well.

crackpod

#3 Post by crackpod » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 pm

That's the best idea I've seen since a long time. Unfortunately I'm running Linux and therefore am rather limited in terms of game-hacking because not even one quarter
of all the games I would want to try this one would run with WINE. I'm well aware of the fact that Lua runs under Linux but that wouldn't help me, since it uses windows-specific
libraries. I'm considering to dual-boot Windows just because MicroMacro.

Do you have any general Lua tutorial I could use to quickly learn the language? I've already got some programming (Python, C, C++) and overall game-hacking experience.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Originally, MicroMacro (actually, it had a different name at that time) was actually built to be able to be run on Linux as well. But then it grew and started to need Windows specific functions.

I think the best way to learn would be to take apart some of the scripts here and see how they work. Start with something simple like the Shaiya bot I posted.

crackpod

#5 Post by crackpod » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:18 am

Administrator wrote:Originally, MicroMacro (actually, it had a different name at that time) was actually built to be able to be run on Linux as well. But then it grew and started to need Windows specific functions.

I think the best way to learn would be to take apart some of the scripts here and see how they work. Start with something simple like the Shaiya bot I posted.
WoW, would be great if it still supported Linux, but quite useless. There aren't that many games avaiable for Linux operating systems (yet). Would be great if it supported Linux at some point though (when there are more games available).