tracking player name // time // WP // level and now gold

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: tracking player name // time // WP // level

#21 Post by lisa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:46 am

easiest way I see option 2 working is if you have a folder purely for this and have a different file for each character. That way different characters can't mess with the info for other characters that are playing at the time. Then just need to be able to read the data efficiently and with mathmatical formulas, like addition lol
Also have it so that reading the data doesn't keep the file "open" and therefore new info can be saved to the file while bot is running.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

swietlowka

#22 Post by swietlowka » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Code: Select all

table.save(  tbl,filename )
tbl = table.load( sfile )
since we can get players name we can make smt like

table.save(  tbl,"playernamedatabase" )
also make another table like

table.save(  tbl, "savedplayernamesdatabases" )
witch would add new names and theirs database files only

PS. it would be also wise not to make this addon MM only, cause theres a lot of times when we need to open a client without MM... (at least i do need that)

lisa

#23 Post by lisa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm working on a html viewer as such to view the data saved to a XML file.
So bot function will save data to XML files and then they can be viewed in a web page.

Should cover everything people have asked for ;)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#24 Post by lisa » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:47 am

swietlowka wrote: so id like also knwo like rom botter how exactly do i run the perl code?
Not sure with method Othon1001 uses but there is 2 ways I found to utilise the perl.

1. install perl on your machine and then use cmd.exe to execute the .pl file. It then basically works like MM and has charcter output.

2. Which I only read but haven't tested is to implement the perl code into a html file which would output the info into a web browser.

Well I spent most of today learning how to use XML in HTML and I can say it is pretty limited at basic lvles and would require a lot of coding just to get the output.html to be anything useful for what we want.

Did someone say they didn't want the data to be read using MM, I thought someone did but to be honest at this stage it seems to me like the easiest way to actually get the volume of data we would be looking at.
It wouldn't involve rombot to be running, it would be MM running with a new .lua created just for viewing the saved data.

It would be purely word based usage but no reason you couldnt "ask" for details on specific characters/accounts/realms or just all the info together. As for the type of info it could be gold/tokens/just about anything you want.

Any comments about using MM for this??

swietlowka

#25 Post by swietlowka » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:43 am

lisa wrote:
swietlowka wrote: so id like also knwo like rom botter how exactly do i run the perl code?
Not sure with method Othon1001 uses but there is 2 ways I found to utilise the perl.

1. install perl on your machine and then use cmd.exe to execute the .pl file. It then basically works like MM and has charcter output.

2. Which I only read but haven't tested is to implement the perl code into a html file which would output the info into a web browser.

Well I spent most of today learning how to use XML in HTML and I can say it is pretty limited at basic lvles and would require a lot of coding just to get the output.html to be anything useful for what we want.

Did someone say they didn't want the data to be read using MM, I thought someone did but to be honest at this stage it seems to me like the easiest way to actually get the volume of data we would be looking at.
It wouldn't involve rombot to be running, it would be MM running with a new .lua created just for viewing the saved data.

It would be purely word based usage but no reason you couldnt "ask" for details on specific characters/accounts/realms or just all the info together. As for the type of info it could be gold/tokens/just about anything you want.

Any comments about using MM for this??
in your place i would start with asking a guy who made http://www.rom-armory.com/ this site... wich i belive is run by welshde http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=50586

PS. i was the one saying that it better be an normal addon, because when it will be MM only u'll have no info about characters you dont bot with

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 pm

I checked out that site and it seems all infomation is added by the user, it doesn't get the info directly from RoM. You might have been thinking it was like wow-armory which does get the info directly from the game servers database.

At the moment I am thinking along the lines of a small addon, there wouldn't be much difference to building this in rombot or RoM itself. I am currently looking at a different output though, instead of using purely xml tables I am looking at outputing to htm files directly, So actually making htm files from the functions. This will give an easy to read table format for each character. The trouble is to then make it to do calculations though.

I think having 2 types of output is the way to go. A xml table and direct to htm tables. So a function to store data in tables and then another function to build the htm files or just do them both at the same time.

This would probably mean the data will be stored inside the runes of magic/interface/addons diretory. Would be silly to output files to rombot folder from within the RoM client.

lisa

#27 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:04 am

This is just an example of the html output for use with a web browser. I did it using 11 year old software though, hopefully it still works across the different browsers. Frontpage 2000 FTW lol

Have a look and see what you think, it's obviously very basic.
Attachments
dataview.zip
example of output in html format.
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

lisa

#28 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 pm

character data file something like this, I'm thinking .lua

dataviewer = {
	["Account"] = {
		["Name"] = "myaccountrox",

["Server"] = {
			["Name"] = "Thalia",

["Character"] = { 
				["Name"] = "Abracadabra",

["Money"] = {
					["Gold"] = 40458,
					["XMutor"] = 1,
				},
				["ClassInfo"] = {
					["Class1"] = "13",
					["Class2"] = "13",
				},
				["Items"] = {
					["High_Class_Equipment_Package"] = "3",
					["Disenchant_Rune"] = "14",
					["Blast_War_Hammer"] = "1",
					["Experience_Orb_10000_Points_"] = "11",
					["Talent_Orb_100_Points"] = "7",
					["Card_Shaggy_Snow_Bear"] = "1",
					["Superior_Equipment_Package"] = "5",
					["Gnoll_Bracelet"] = "7",
					["Phirius_Token_Coin"] = "580",
				},

},
		},

},
}

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Personally I think you are making too much work for yourself. I'd just copy most of the data straight from 'player' and 'inventory' and save it to a file or files. Then I'd have a separate program/code/lua/html or whatever use that data to display it the way you want. That way you keep the 'saving of the data' and the 'displaying of the data' separate, which is a lot neater I think. Plus you don't have to remember what variable you used in the file because it will be the same as you use with the bot. :)

Just my 2 cents worth.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#30 Post by lisa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:41 am

Yeah I am making it an in game addon so not using any of the bot to do it. I should prob just stop posting my thoughts here as I went away from the idea of using it purely for the bot.

hagenleu

#31 Post by hagenleu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:18 am

According to you is possible to modify the script of Othon1001
to store number of gold collected? (in this way i can trash some addon that do this work and free memory and so fps)

Tnx, Hagenleu

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:46 am

Yup you will want to add into the code

Edited,
None of the code I posted works anymore, so removed this post.

New code has been added in the next few posts which does work =)
Last edited by lisa on Mon May 23, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

lisa

#33 Post by lisa » Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 am

Added a gold tracker user function to first post.
Call the function in your WP onload section will set the start time and then call the function from your WP again just after repairing/selling.

goldtracker()

Alkaiser

Re: tracking player name // time // WP // level and now gold

#34 Post by Alkaiser » Mon May 23, 2011 6:19 pm

I think there is something wrong with the profit per hour formula. It keeps getting bigger, 10 million gold per hour clops runs? I wish!

I believe the correct formula is:

printf("Profit per hour: " .. profit / elapsedtime * 60 .. "\n")

lisa

#35 Post by lisa » Mon May 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Yes that would make more sense, I'll change and make it V 1.2

Thanks =)

kanta

#36 Post by kanta » Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am

I was just going to ask about the same thing Alkaiser did. :)
Current gold: 16054131
Profit: 5043529
Elapsed time: 850.62806666667 minutes.
Profit per hour: 71502788.707454
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

#37 Post by lisa » Thu May 26, 2011 7:13 pm

quick calculation that should say around 350k per hour.
Try the V 1.2 and hopefully I got it right =)

kanta

#38 Post by kanta » Sun May 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Yup, 1.2 works perfectly, thank you so much. :)
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66