How do millers ranch bots get detected?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Jengoso

How do millers ranch bots get detected?

#1 Post by Jengoso » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 am

Havent had any problems with golden egg farming before (about ten clients on one computer), but two days ago I plugged in a router and connected another computer with millers ranch botters (about 7 clients or so) and the day after all my accounts, I use separate accounts for each computer, but both computers accounts got banned (not my accounts with main characters though ). Got a mail saying that they will be banned for 7 days for botusage.

This makes me wonder how this happened? Since I assume that the computers got different IP adresses? And I havent even made golden egg sales on all accounts.. And is it just a coincidence that this happened the day after I started to bot with a router? Does anyone have any idea how they do these botdetections?

rock5

Re: How do millers ranch bots get detected?

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 am

Can't comment on bot banning policies but something you said is wrong. When using a router, the router gets the IP from your ISP. Your computers use local IP addresses. So from the internet all 17 client will appear to come from the same IP.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

swietlowka

#3 Post by swietlowka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:37 am

yeap and its a little suspicious that u had 10 clients running, and the all in the suddne i got 17... might be noticable

Jengoso

#4 Post by Jengoso » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 am

But my router doesnt use the same IP as my modem? I got a different IP after plugging in the router anyways. So this was a new IP that got 17 bots..maybe thats what did it?
And the accounts with mules and middlehands which dont use bots (I dont tranfer gold directly between bot accounts and main acocunts) did not get banned and neither did my mains so I guess they have some kind of scanningtool then and dont ban by IP. Just think its a little weird since I know of people on the same server who run like 3 computers with 15 bots on each one 24/7 and never get banned. But maybe I should pull the plug on the router to get a new IP and then try to add bots slowly, two more for each day or so

Germangold

#5 Post by Germangold » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:30 am

i had 55 clients running over one isp connections, as it seems it was suspisious to.. half of the accounts got bannend...

S3v3n11

#6 Post by S3v3n11 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:05 am

I have heard that the GMs will pop into the Miller's Ranch instance and "check on things". Especially if they see you are in the instance hours at a time.

Alkaiser

#7 Post by Alkaiser » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:38 am

I wonder, is this why golden egg prices have jumped up to 20k+ on Govinda? There was a massive drop off of the number of egg sellers a couple days ago. I have been farming golden eggs, but not selling them. None of my characters were banned.

Jengoso

#8 Post by Jengoso » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Cant seem to farm any millers ranch anymore, accounts just get banned and banned. And there are very few full golden egg stacks up on AH now on my server anyway.I guess it depends on what server you play on since not all golden egg farmingaccounts get banned?

Giram

#9 Post by Giram » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 am

I am still farming eggs with 1-2 accounts but i haven't been selling any eggs in 2-3 months. Banning accounts could be related to ah sellings.

zin40

#10 Post by zin40 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 am

I will save eggs for when alot of abusers get banned. Well the people that put 5k eggs a day in ah. Thats just too greedy IMO. I sell maybe 1-200 each day i bot and try not to make it so obvious. eggs stil 6500 on my server cant wait til price increase to make more coin.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 am

anything said on how they decide on who to bann is pure speculation.
They may check AH
They may see who has been at the ranch for hours
They may check IP for multiclients

At the end of the day it is just a whole lot of "They may"
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

checkii

#12 Post by checkii » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Yeah but if we know how "they may" then there is a few things we can do about it such as:

Don't sell on Auction House
Don't bot over night
Don't log on a ridiculous amounts of clients at the same time.

horsewilly

#13 Post by horsewilly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:28 pm

only realistic tip is this:
bot at your own risk.
you make a profit, but you have a certain amount of risk you take with it.
take it or leave it, simple as that :P

personally, I just stopped botting millers ranch. I know someone whose main got banned for having ranch bots, though the main had nothing to do with the botting/selling/whatsoever. not worth the risk to me.

kx9488

#14 Post by kx9488 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

horsewilly wrote:only realistic tip is this:
bot at your own risk.
you make a profit, but you have a certain amount of risk you take with it.
take it or leave it, simple as that :P

personally, I just stopped botting millers ranch. I know someone whose main got banned for having ranch bots, though the main had nothing to do with the botting/selling/whatsoever. not worth the risk to me.
did he send the gold earned from his multi/botting accounts directly back to his main account? if GM wanted to i'm sure they could see where the money was going pretty quickly that way.

if any of your accounts are/aren't banned can you tell us how you previously got money from selling eggs to your main account?

id have to assume game servers are backed up to atleast a week or more... if your sellers get reported they could look at the information your computer sends to thier server up to how ever long thier system is backed up to for that kind of information is they REALLY wanted to... how long do you wait to sell and transfer funds from bots. and what are your bot activity/rest times. do you ever fill up the AH with 30 trades or do u trade solely through chat?.

this is info that could help people keep thier accounts if you have managed to keep yours.maybe your friend acted differently.

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 pm

I actually doubt there is that much history saved for the gms to check. If they could easily follow the money they would have quickly returned my money and gear when I was hacked months ago. Instead, they still haven't done anything.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kx9488

#16 Post by kx9488 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:58 pm

rock5 wrote:I actually doubt there is that much history saved for the gms to check. If they could easily follow the money they would have quickly returned my money and gear when I was hacked months ago. Instead, they still haven't done anything.
you are probably right i know little about these kinds of things if anything at all. i use to play a game called last chaos... a free to play with an item shop.
there was a special offer in their shop, if purchased you could unbreak a piece of gear of your choosing but it would have to be within 4-5 buisness days of breaking your in-game item... that is the only source of why i estimated a week... that and the weekly maint.

regaurdless RoM is a much better game than LC.

but when you were hacked how did this happen. because if a savy person like yourself got scam/hacked i feel very threatened.

you made me think of the time the other day when i was trying to loginto the RoM forums. for some reason i had some trouble and there was a page about changing passwords and getting a e-mail sent to my registered e-mail account and 25 diamonds for the inconvinience.... i followed the link and it took me tot he support page to enter my info... and the page was in german. it didnt think much of it because frogster is german based right? for some reason i think that.... anyway. i never had to change any passwords and i managed to get on the forums.

i didnt think anything of it until you said you got hacked. did something like this happen to you possibly? because if that was a fake link i could have easily been hacked aswel.

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:23 pm

There was a password reset quite awhile ago but not recently that I know of. It sounds suspicious to me. Maybe change your passwords again but this time go to the right page yourself, don't follow someone elses link.

I did nothing like that. The only thing I can think of is maybe my password was too easy. It was a regular word in the dictionary. That's why I left all my passwords in those gibberish random characters that frogster sent me when that password reset happened awhile ago.

nefheret

#18 Post by nefheret » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Hello, my accounts were just banned (same IP adress), how long is this ban? Using a VPN would be a solution against ban?

(Sorry for my english ^^)

Giram

#19 Post by Giram » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 pm

If its ip ban then would it be possible to try avoid it using vpn or proxy. Or does account get ban tag and is totally unavailable for that duration?

nefheret

#20 Post by nefheret » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Using a VPN doesn't work, my accounts are still banned. I think I have to wait the end of the ban. I hope that it will be juste for 7 days like it was said at the beginning of the discussion :s