New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
fred55555

Re: New EggPet class.

#121 Post by fred55555 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:34 pm

i guess i dont understand the basics of the pet harvest and assist and pet skills i guess, i have a pet level 29 so far and it adds 1950hp when i pull it out. so will give the feed script a try, thank you again.
guess i have some research to do :)

rock5

#122 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:47 pm

fred55555 wrote:i guess i dont understand the basics of the pet harvest and assist and pet skills i guess, i have a pet level 29 so far and it adds 1950hp when i pull it out. so will give the feed script a try, thank you again.
guess i have some research to do :)
It's pretty basic. If you want your pet to assist you, you enable pet assist, specify which pet is to assist and it should summon it automatically when the bot is running. If you have nourishment and/or loyalty pet feed, the bot will automatically feed the pet to keep nourishment and loyalty at 100%.

If you want your pet to craft, enable pet crafting, specify which pet to use and buy some tools. The pet should automatically use those tools to craft while the bot is running. The other 2 craft options are for specifying more precisely which materials to produce.

You can even have 1 pet assisting while the other is crafting.

Hope that helps.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

fred55555

#123 Post by fred55555 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 am

Thank you for the information
What is the end game for leveling the crafting of the pet ?

jduartedj

#124 Post by jduartedj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:54 am

fred55555 wrote:Thank you for the information
What is the end game for leveling the crafting of the pet ?
getting mats from your pet instead of harvesting them!
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

Atahn

#125 Post by Atahn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 am

Ok, I'm a total newbie with botting/scripting and learning stuff a bit slow at times. I'd like to make my Gold Egg alt's pet craft while I'm gathering those eggs. Using the waypoint script from there.

I've added to my profile:

<option name="EGGPET_ENABLE_CRAFT" value="true"/>
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_SLOT" value="1"/>
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT" value="mining"/>

I'm getting:

<install directory>/rom/classes/eggpet.lua:310 attempt to compare number with string

What did I forget or doing wrong?

rock5

#126 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:11 am

Atahn wrote:Ok, I'm a total newbie with botting/scripting and learning stuff a bit slow at times. I'd like to make my Gold Egg alt's pet craft while I'm gathering those eggs. Using the waypoint script from there.

I've added to my profile:

<option name="EGGPET_ENABLE_CRAFT" value="true"/>
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_SLOT" value="1"/>
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT" value="mining"/>

I'm getting:

<install directory>/rom/classes/eggpet.lua:310 attempt to compare number with string

What did I forget or doing wrong?
From the information you've given I can't see what's causing the error.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

jduartedj

#127 Post by jduartedj » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 am

BTW rock5, for new year's resolution what about implementing the newly suggested features to the pet? petmerchant, eating desserts and so.
You know you have my full support and collaboration.

rock5

#128 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:57 pm

jduartedj wrote:BTW rock5, for new year's resolution what about implementing the newly suggested features to the pet? petmerchant, eating desserts and so.
You know you have my full support and collaboration.
Maybe I could just add it to player:merchant and add the items to the consumables list.

Then all you would need are some extra profile 'shopping options'.

Code: Select all

<option name="HOES" value="10" />
		<option name="SPADES" value="10" />
		<option name="HATCHETS" value="0" />
		<option name="PET_NOURISHMENT_FEED" value="20" /> -- Which does it buy? Cakes or cheese? Or should there be an option for both.
		<option name="PET_LOYALTY_FEED" value="0" /> -- I'm not sure how this should work. I personally would only buy Desserts of Happiness if I died and had to restore my pets loyalty. I wouldn't keep any in my inventory.
Eating desserts, I've already added to the code I'm planning to commit, if I ever get around to it. :S

Feel free to suggest any changes to the option names.

jduartedj

#129 Post by jduartedj » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:51 am

instead of having option="HOE" have it automatically buy according to the existing pet crafting options

<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT"			value="mining,herbalism" />
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_AMMOUNT"			value="10" />
in the above example it would buy 10 hoes and 10 spades. And instead of 3 more options you only need one because it only makes sense to buy the ones you're gonna use.
i think that to buy nourishsment_feed it should buy cheese, but should check for either before. and as for loyalty i think it should either keep3 in bag OR when going to the merchant check if loyalty is needed and if it is buy and use until it is restored. In this case the pet_loyaty_feed option should be the level of loyalty it should be kept at, because filling from 50 to 100 loyalty can be very expensive so if pet_loyaty_feed =80 it buys and uses the loyalty feeds until loyalty = 80.

rock5

#130 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 pm

jduartedj wrote:instead of having option="HOE" have it automatically buy according to the existing pet crafting options

<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT"			value="mining,herbalism" />
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_AMMOUNT"			value="10" />
in the above example it would buy 10 hoes and 10 spades. And instead of 3 more options you only need one because it only makes sense to buy the ones you're gonna use.
It makes sense. The downside is you can't have different amounts for the tools. Plus I think this would be harder for noobs to understand. My way, the tools are just extra items you can buy like the other items. There should be no confusion. And isn't it more logical to have buying tools as part of the shopping options? With EGGPET_CRAFT_AMMOUNT, if it's in the eggpet section then you'll have a shopping option that is not part of the shopping options and if you move it to the shopping options, noobs wont know what it buys.

Reducing options is good but I think if having more options makes it clearer and simpler to follow we should go with more options.

The way I like to use it is making EGGPET_CRAFT="mining,herbalism,woodworking" and never change that. What I produce will depend on what tools I buy. With my example, all I have to do is change some numbers. In your example we would have to change the EGGPET_CRAFT value.

To tell you the truth, I don't even know why we have an EGGPET_CRAFT option as you can control what you produce by what you buy. I don't think there is any situation where you would buy tools and not intend to use them.
jduartedj wrote:i think that to buy nourishsment_feed it should buy cheese, but should check for either before.
Yes, but what's the logic? Why should it buy cheese over cakes? And if it has cake, how should it affect the amount of cheese you buy? I just did some calculations and, yes, cheese is cheaper per nourishment point and would take less space than cake but what about the +1 Training and +10 Experience? Because of that I think it needs to be the users choice. You can't know how important those are going to be to the user. Some users might prefer cake and some might prefer cheese.
jduartedj wrote:and as for loyalty i think it should either keep3 in bag OR when going to the merchant check if loyalty is needed and if it is buy and use until it is restored.
The only logical way, to me, is to check at the merchant. I can't see the logic of carrying around even 1 dessert if you hardly ever or never die.
jduartedj wrote:In this case the pet_loyaty_feed option should be the level of loyalty it should be kept at, because filling from 50 to 100 loyalty can be very expensive so if pet_loyaty_feed =80 it buys and uses the loyalty feeds until loyalty = 80.
So if it's level 50 and you want to level up gradually, you set it to 60. When at the merchant it buys 10 and levels to 60. When you're ready to level to 70, you set it to 70. When at the merchant it buys another 10 and levels to 70. Doesn't it make more sense to let the user level it manually until it reaches 100 then they can enable that option?

On another note, I foresee a problem and need for another option. If you set it to use all the tools and you always have all tools in stock, it will level only the first skill. There needs to be some sort of control on how it levels the skills. Maybe a ratio option eg.

<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_RATIO"         value="2:1:1" /> <!-- mining:woodworking:herbalism target level ratio -->
Will aim to keep the mining level twice as much as the other 2 skills.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been another long winded response, brought to you by Rock5. :D

jduartedj

#131 Post by jduartedj » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:36 am

Brainstorming does that! Long responses! But it is very appreciated!

as for the cheese option I was thinking that cheese is cheaper and if ppl want cakes they'll probably either farm them or buy at AH where it is MUCH MUCH cheaper! so i see buying such items at merchant as last resort, and this would rarely be used by this logic!

I see the problem with loyalty yes I guess it's up to the user to make sure they are at 100 before enabling loyalty buy. so for that the option would simply be loyalty_enable. I f it would be enabled it would buy and consume up to 100.

I think using the ratio option would be very good so it alternates the used items.

Apart from thi i've noticed that at merchant bot doesn't sell the "mysterious item" pet craft produces. I'm not sure but could someone confirm that?

rock5

#132 Post by rock5 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:42 pm

jduartedj wrote:as for the cheese option I was thinking that cheese is cheaper and if ppl want cakes they'll probably either farm them or buy at AH where it is MUCH MUCH cheaper! so i see buying such items at merchant as last resort, and this would rarely be used by this logic!
That's a good point. The only advantage is you can buy cheese as part of a waypoint file but buying at the AH you would have to do manually. But still, the Sorrun brother are only in a handful of locations so you wouldn't be able to use it very often.

Maybe this isn't even worth doing? People can just buy cake at the AH.
jduartedj wrote:I see the problem with loyalty yes I guess it's up to the user to make sure they are at 100 before enabling loyalty buy. so for that the option would simply be loyalty_enable. I f it would be enabled it would buy and consume up to 100.
Again, this is probably not worth doing as well. There's likely not going to be any Sorrun brothers near by if you die and want to restore your pets loyalty. Easier to just fix it manually next time your near a Sorrun brother.
jduartedj wrote:I think using the ratio option would be very good so it alternates the used items.
I'll add it.
jduartedj wrote:Apart from thi i've noticed that at merchant bot doesn't sell the "mysterious item" pet craft produces. I'm not sure but could someone confirm that?
Mine sells them. Recheck your profile settings. Maybe some setting is unintentionally stopping them from selling.

jduartedj

#133 Post by jduartedj » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:39 pm

I think for the loyalty feed you should just add a loyalty check and feed it if loyalty is <100 and there is dessert int the bag. This way if people want to control the loyalty the may do so!

rock5

#134 Post by rock5 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:24 pm

jduartedj wrote:I think for the loyalty feed you should just add a loyalty check and feed it if loyalty is <100 and there is dessert int the bag. This way if people want to control the loyalty the may do so!
Like I said previously, the feeding is already done. It's just the buying of food I think is a waste of time. I'll look at finishing the EggPet updates once I've finished with the updated lootBodies function which I'm working on at the moment.

jduartedj

#135 Post by jduartedj » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:39 am

okey dokey no problem

mayainverse

#136 Post by mayainverse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:12 am

can this complete pet events? so say if you afk all night in your house could you get like 4 or so rewards. that would rape.

question: how usefull is pet crafting? I have never got into it.

lisa

#137 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 am

well it costs 100 gold each time your pet crafts, if your pet has lvl 20 mining then that 100 gold is getting you ore that can probably sell on AH for 1k gold, just as an example. Takes a while to lvl it up though.

As for the pet event, it was looked into a while back and I think the decision was it was to random and only good if your bot never leaves a map for over an hour. Since most have their bots doing lots and lots of stuff I think the idea went into the to hard basket. Also lots of crashes aswell.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

mayainverse

#138 Post by mayainverse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am

like what other stuff do they make it do? now i only have 40char for daily elf quest. 1 char for farming eggs while im on my main. and on main sometimes Ill just have it bot 1 spot when im sleepin but bags full when i come back >.> what stuff do ppl ahve it do that it crosses zones so often?

lisa

#139 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 am

Well the pet has to stay out and be in same zone for over an hour, means no feeding either.
Like I said in the end I think it was just to much hassle for 1 single event that happens under very specific conditions and after a very long time frame.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

mayainverse

#140 Post by mayainverse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:37 pm

1 hour is almost no time as far as bots are concerned they farm tirelessly in one spot for 10hours non stop. considering you can get 1apt potions without the training i think so at least that is best way by far to lvl apt on a pet. would be useful. like you said because there are alot of restrictions and waiting its more difficult on a player doing it but a bot is easy to get that farmed up.