GM alert Addon?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
firedice

GM alert Addon?

#1 Post by firedice » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Hello, Just wondering if there's a GM alert addon? like, say if Player X signs in, or Player X messages you, or Player X is next to you kind of thing.... that can send me an alert, IE by playing a sound file or some sort?

Thanks

swietlowka

Re: GM alert Addon?

#2 Post by swietlowka » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:46 pm

only when u get messaged u can us one of those for afk, was looking for what u descibed for some time, but with an option for sending a text to a cell phone ;)

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm

If someone can find a way to detect a GM, we can add an alarm. I'm not sure if there's some offset inside the pawn class that denotes whether a player is a GM or not. If I remember correctly, their name is prefixed with "<GM>", right? Does this display in the name as seen by the bot?

This can be tested pretty easily. First, turn DEBUGGING on. Then, on line 122 of bot.lua, you'll see this:

Code: Select all

local target = CPawn(player.TargetPtr);
			printf("[DEBUG] player target type: 0x%X\n", target.Type);
			printf("[DEBUG] player target attackable: %s\n", target.Attackable);
			printf("[DEBUG] player target aggressive: %s\n", target.Aggressive);
Add this and save it:

Code: Select all

printf("[DEBUG] player target name: %s\n", target.Name);
Now start the bot with a GM detected then pause it after it displays start-up info, and post what it says the player's target name is. I'm guessing it will be something like "<GM> namehere".

botje

#4 Post by botje » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:12 pm

that would be so cool xd

let it play a enormous hard sound of a sirene :P

Botje

firedice

#5 Post by firedice » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:54 pm

hmmm i'll see if i can... but im not too good with this kind of stuff, and i don't know who gm's are in my server... lol so may take me a while.

horsewilly

#6 Post by horsewilly » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:10 pm

swietlowka wrote:only when u get messaged u can us one of those for afk, was looking for what u descibed for some time, but with an option for sending a text to a cell phone ;)
Why? Are you gonna leave work, school, your friend's party just cause you got a text? And even if you did, it'd probably be too late already - by the time you'd get home, you'd be banned. That'd only work if you moved within like a 100m radius of your computer at all times ... :lol:
Last edited by horsewilly on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

firedice

#7 Post by firedice » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:25 pm

personally i never met a GM before... or had any contact with one, i just want to do this for precautionary since that other dudes post.

which addon makes a sound when you get a whisper?

pavel

#8 Post by pavel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Administrator wrote:If someone can find a way to detect a GM, we can add an alarm. I'm not sure if there's some offset inside the pawn class that denotes whether a player is a GM or not. If I remember correctly, their name is prefixed with "<GM>", right? Does this display in the name as seen by the bot?

Now start the bot with a GM detected then pause it after it displays start-up info, and post what it says the player's target name is. I'm guessing it will be something like "<GM> namehere".
Unfortuantly it's not that easy. Their names are normal, just their first class is Game Master. To see how it looks like, check picture below.
Attachments
Gamemaster.jpg

Administrator
Site Admin

#9 Post by Administrator » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Ah, right. I remember their main class being Game Master back when I first made my Druid and Runemaster (about 6-8 months before those classes were released). I tried to also make myself a Game Master, but it just resulted in being instantly disconnected due to IP checks. Now if only I could remember all the details...

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:39 am

Seems the GM's have made their lvl 200, if all have done this then you can easy detect their lvl > 62.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Tamyra

#11 Post by Tamyra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm

horsewilly wrote:
swietlowka wrote:only when u get messaged u can us one of those for afk, was looking for what u descibed for some time, but with an option for sending a text to a cell phone ;)
Why? Are you gonna leave work, school, your friend's party just cause you got a text? And even if you did, it'd probably be too late already - by the time you'd get home, you'd be banned. That'd only work if you moved within like a 100m radius of your computer at all times ... :lol:
If you could remote into your home PC from your cell, "LogMeIn" can do this, you could pause a bot if a GM is near. But again, time to login from alert might be too long.