Ruins of Bymorsh Boss?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Ruins of Bymorsh Boss?

#1 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Is there a boss or elite that gets spawned in the Ruins of Bymorsh that I don't know about? My char died when it shouldn't have.

Heres the output. It looks like it was killing some Man-eating Plants when suddenly it tried to heal myself but failed. The screenshot is black.

Code: Select all

Use MACRO: PRIEST_ICEWIND_BLADE=>   Man-eating Plant (24425/24425)
Use MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>   Man-eating Plant (24425/24425)
Use MACRO: PRIEST_ICEWIND_BLADE=>   Man-eating Plant (0/24425)
Fight finished. Killed 100 Man-eating Plant. (fight #229 / runtime 68 minutes)
Use MACRO: Looting target in distance 93.
Clearing target.
Moving to waypoint #8, (1989, 21390)
Moving to waypoint #9, (1919, 21521)
Moving to waypoint #10, (1998, 21676)
Moving to waypoint #11, (1961, 21858)
Moving to waypoint #12, (2208, 21895)
Stopping waypoint: Target acquired.
Engaging enemy [Man-eating Plant] in combat.
Use MACRO: PRIEST_ICEWIND_BLADE=>   Man-eating Plant (23742/23742)
Use MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>   Man-eating Plant (23742/23742)
Use MACRO: PRIEST_ICEWIND_BLADE=>   Man-eating Plant (0/23742)
Fight finished. Killed 101 Man-eating Plant. (fight #230 / runtime 68 minutes)
Use MACRO: Looting target in distance 73.
Clearing target.
Moving to waypoint #12, (2208, 21895)
Moving to waypoint #13, (2195, 21905)
Moving to waypoint #14, (1965, 21863)
MACRO: Using HP potion 0/11472 (0%): Infinite Herb (qty 23)
Use MACRO: PRIEST_HEAL         =>   * Failed to cast *
Use MACRO: PRIEST_REGENERATE   =>   <UNKNOWN> (1000/1000)
Use MACRO: PRIEST_MAGIC_BARRIER=>   <UNKNOWN> (1000/1000)
Saved a screenshot to: C:/Program Files/micromacro/scripts/mac/profiles/mytoon.bmp
You have died... Sorry.
Script paused until you revive yourself. Press Delete when you're ready to continue.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

ratzuk

Re: Ruins of Bymorsh Boss?

#2 Post by ratzuk » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Yes, there is a boss called Hydron the ravenous who spawns as part of the event there. He will only spawn if enough plants are killed by players in the time allowed. The event occurs every hour

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm

ratzuk wrote:Yes, there is a boss called Hydron the ravenous who spawns as part of the event there. He will only spawn if enough plants are killed by players in the time allowed. The event occurs every hour
Is he red or yellow?

Also are you sure you spelled it right because I can't find any reference to it?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Alkaiser

#4 Post by Alkaiser » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Yes, he is the last stage of the Bymorsh event... So far as I know, he always spawns in the same place. I've only fought him once with a large group of players, so I don't know if he roams or not.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm pretty sure I didn't die at the last event place so I still don't know why I died.

Petzzz

#6 Post by Petzzz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 am

looks like somthing killed you very fast near waypoint 14. pvp server? got -exp/tp?

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 am

Petzzz wrote:looks like somthing killed you very fast near waypoint 14. pvp server? got -exp/tp?
I don't play pvp and yes I got exp/tp debt.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:23 am

Damn, died again. This time in another zone.

I saw what did it though, "Griffith Blackstar the Corrupted Centaur".

Makes me wonder, wouldn't it be good if we had some sort of code that avoided spawned bosses when they appeared? Not sure how it would work but it would be good.

jduartedj

#9 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 am

I already though of it for spawned and non-spawned bosses, but the thing is you can't really know what's around you. Say you have a boss at waypoint 1 and you have it circle that waypoint in a 300 radius (lets say this is the aggro radius), if there is a wall of a lot of mobs you may run in to those and either get stuck or killed. Even if you kill the mobs which is acceptable what about walls/obstacles? you'd get stuck and killed.

I put this simple example

#1--------boss------#2

From wall to wall (continuous lines) it is 300 wide. So you CANNOT pass the boss w/o aggroing it, to go from #1 to #2! attempting the previously explained method would result in getting aggro because the walls would cut short the distancing. Which brings me to ask, is there any way to know where walls or obstacles are?
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 am

I don't think there is a way of knowing where the wall are.

Even if it logged off when it detected a boss, would save you from dying.

Binafus

#11 Post by Binafus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:48 am

Griffith Blackstar the Corrupted Centaur

Is a named in Northern Janost Forest

He is NE of the main town.

He pretty much is always in the same place, just avoid that spot.

fred55555

#12 Post by fred55555 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Couldnt you set it to detect boss, then reverse the way you are running the waypoints and head back the way you came, so that would get you away from the mob, put a counter in. if you get to the boss spawn he still there three times then go back again and then log at start. If you are lucky in the three attempts to run your course the boss may despawn or someone might kill it worse case you log out atleast not tp/exp debt and you are still doing your route in the mean time.

jduartedj

#13 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:10 pm

fred55555 wrote:Couldnt you set it to detect boss, then reverse the way you are running the waypoints and head back the way you came, so that would get you away from the mob, put a counter in. if you get to the boss spawn he still there three times then go back again and then log at start. If you are lucky in the three attempts to run your course the boss may despawn or someone might kill it worse case you log out atleast not tp/exp debt and you are still doing your route in the mean time.
A good idea would be to keep running reverse and doing all the previous waypoints and back until the boss has gone... but this requires THAT much additional coding.

#1------#2-----boss----#3-----#4

so he'd go 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 and if the boss wasn't there 1,2,3,4

if while going back he'd find a boss again

4,3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4 until no boss again and then 4,3,2,1,etc...

this must use __WPL:reverse(); in #1 and #4 and in some code that detects a boss before he engages it (like the one that checks friends or using that modified version with bosses)

I think in most cases this would be a good solution.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Reverse sounds like a good idea but wont work for waypoint files that need things done in order.

Also if you reverse the order in a looping waypoint file, there is nothing special about waypoint 1 or the last waypoint so it shouldn't stop there. In other words, if there is a boss

#1------#2-----boss----#3-----#4

It should go like this,
1,2,1,4,3,4,1,2,1,4,3,4 etc

The waypoint files would have to be created with this specifically in mind or you would get unexpected and unwanted results. So there is no general solution that would work with an file.

Sumdumguy

#15 Post by Sumdumguy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:26 pm

On the other hand, you would need to be at that spot at that time AND enough plants (and later guardians) need to be killed to actually trigger Hydron. The chances for that are rather slim :) Unless you're very unlucky, it's a one in a million chance.

Same goes for Griffith, he spawns every 6ish hours and is usually permafarmed....Griffith as a whole is easily avoided, on the "ramp" down to the water, he spawns in the centaur camp. You can just avoid that whole area :)

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Just on the reverse waypoint topic, what if the waypoints go down a slope and therefore trying to reverse it would mean you get stuck. Seems to me you would need to set up something specific for each boss encounter or things will just get messy.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

fred55555

#17 Post by fred55555 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:33 am

just call an escape waypoint file dependant on the waypoint that it is triggered ie boss spawn trigger, then check what waypoint you are at then call the escape waypoint file dependant on your position.
you will need to make for a few escape waypoint files, but shouldnt be that many

jduartedj

#18 Post by jduartedj » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 pm

I agree on Rock5 on the reverse matter.