Ancient Treasure Runes mini-game

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Binafus

Ancient Treasure Runes mini-game

#1 Post by Binafus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm

You can stand outside this mini game and see level 6's going into the instance one every second at times if not faster.

I was just wondering if someone had figured out how to run this instance with waypoints.

I find it unlikely with such low characters, as invis does not work for the very low levels.

Not asking for the waypoints just asking if it is possible to make them, being that it is a random up to four different places your character can start etc.

checkii

Re: Ancient Treasure Runes mini-game

#2 Post by checkii » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 am

Its possible.

As far as level 6 goes. I have gotten so good at this game I don't even need invisibility to finish. This goes for all veteran players who can finish without using any mini-game skills.

Setting up waypoints, however, is gonna be really challenging. I believe its gonna be about timing your moves more than using the mini-game skills.

LeeBosk

#3 Post by LeeBosk » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 am

The reason they go in that often is most likely that they search for the best starting position (NW), means they go out and back in again if they don't start there.
Depending on luck this opens the possibility to have a very easy arrangement of the candles (all of them right behind the barriers).
If that comes together its no problem to finish it with a low lvl char. You only need to wait the right time at the right spots and use snipe.

For that case waypoints should be possible but for other constellations its going to be hard.

Currently I don't see much sense in farming that minigame anyways, exept Burst and Fatal runes there is nothing of interest.

swietlowka

#4 Post by swietlowka » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:20 am

LeeBosk wrote: exept Burst and Fatal runes
considering theyre price i belive its worth... on my server for one of these runes i need to farm f/e about 400 golden egss... i belive i probably would find more of these runes if running 8 clients that this much golden eggs with same ammoutn of clients ;P

checkii

#5 Post by checkii » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 pm

LeeBosk wrote:Currently I don't see much sense in farming that minigame anyways, exept Burst and Fatal runes there is nothing of interest.
That's a confusing statement. Are you saying it does make sense to farm because of the rune? Or do you mean the effort to create such a script out weights the reward?

LeeBosk

#6 Post by LeeBosk » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:46 am

checkii wrote: Are you saying it does make sense to farm because of the rune? Or do you mean the effort to create such a script out weights the reward?
Why OR? It's an AND. I am saying both.
If you want those runes its the only way to farm. If you want to make profit there are better ways.