Hooking a client function.

Ask questions about cheating in any games you would like. Does not need to pertain to MicroMacro.
Exempt

Hooking a client function.

#1 Post by Exempt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to hook a function in it's simplest form. The function i'm wanting to hooking is a Decrypt function for incoming packets.

I'm looking around for examples atm but I'm a little lost cause most are about hooking completely different things like direct input, there is just to much to them.

If you know any good tutorials that are pretty bare that may cover this please tell me or if you know your please help me.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Hooking a client function.

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Use the attached source in your project. You'll use DetourFunc() in this case. I assume you've already found the address of the function(s) you want to hook.
Attachments
detours.zip
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Exempt

#3 Post by Exempt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks for the zip but does detours only work with 32 bit systems, Unless you buy the 64bit version of it?

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:03 pm

That's not the Microsoft detours that you probably think it is. However, yes, it's designed to target 32-bit softwares (but will run fine on a 64-bit OS). I'm honestly not sure how it will work or might need to be changed to work with 64-bit softwares.