Best way to NOT get caught botting is...

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jduartedj

Best way to NOT get caught botting is...

#1 Post by jduartedj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Playing the Game!

Bear with me for a second...

This is how i bot, I'm a player and belong to a guild i play the game normally as any would w/ his main char but...!

When I bot I use my OWN account! sounds stupid? am I WANTING to get caught?

Not really! You see when i play the game everyone see me and knows i'm NOT a bot, so i only bot when i'm a sleep (at GMT time most ppl are at that time). At least in my guild it is common to have ppl not speak while they are farming so my usual nighty farm -BOT- seems to them OK, I am NOT endangered to get caught on the contrary I have many witnesses that I am NOT!

You see playing the game WITH my bot makes me disguise among people as a real person which I AM!

PRO's and CON's:

So in favor what do we have... 1. not getting caught as easily, 2. u get to research a lot of the botting system as u have to readjust a lot to the new lvls. 3. u create various waypoints to high lvl areas also 4.higher lvl areas give more $€£.

Against we have ofc the 1."dont get sloppy or ull get caught" rule 2."I dont like to spend a lot of time playing" complaint 3. Doing a lot a of waypoint and adjusting settings accordingly 4. the worst con is you cant make more money than 8bots at the same time.

Thanks for Reading! :D

--
Other factors may come into play. You see i have a 5yo computer so I ask you how many client does it handle at once? pretty much simple answer: ONE at the most! it has been know to rarely run 2 clients but it heats up like HELL (almost literally) and unlike Hitler (no offense to German ppl) I DON'T like the burning smell in the morning! So keeping 1 bot/char is advantageous to me! if i had an imba AlienWare server/gaming station I'd run 12bots at once and check my mail! But i don't...
Also it is good to keep an eye on the bot if, like me, you do a lot of new waypoints because if they r untested for some reason (and being too long to test is a good one) then checking on it frequently and swapping bot activity w/ playing activity sounds good to me!

I'd very much appreciate comments/critics or any kind of argumentation on this matter!
--Also this advice DOES NOT nullify the advice given by other ppl in the ways of proper botting! At most it complements with a different technique!
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates