good settings for looting ?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Paton

good settings for looting ?

#1 Post by Paton » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:36 pm

I am doing my own waypoint file for L1-10(collecting transmutation charges) and the char will fetch at level 5 pimped items from mailbox and continue leveling. With this equipment he will one hit everything upto level 10. Looting will not be easy, if everything dies so far away from the char.

What is a good setting for these 3 options down there, so i loot all corpses(for the daily quest items) well ? What settings you use in your L1-10 profiles ?

Code: Select all

<option name="COMBAT_DISTANCE"    value="200" />
<option name="MAX_TARGET_DIST"    value="225" />
<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="100" />
Last edited by Paton on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ridcully

Re: good settings for looting ?

#2 Post by Ridcully » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 pm

<option name="COMBAT_DISTANCE" value="200" />
this is the distance the bot will attack targets with his distance spells/weapons. if the target is to far away the bot will go closer

<option name="MAX_TARGET_DIST" value="225" />
this is the distance the bot will looks for targets

<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE" value="100" />
this is the max distance to go to a dead mob, after the fight to loot . if you are a one hit caster an the mob is to far away you need to set the value equal to the combat distance.

the other way is to lower the combat distance , but this is suboptimal for caster, if they did not kill the mob 1-hit

regards
mustrum ridcully

Paton

#3 Post by Paton » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks,
but you dont need to explain me the three. I asked what settings(numbers) you guys use in your own l1-10 scripts.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 pm

If you have pimped gear and have little to fear from mobs and you want to loot all, then you could increase the loot distance, as Ridcully suggested. The downside to this is on the way to loot the body you will ignore aggroed mobs until you have looted the body.

Another option is to have smaller values for COMBAT_DISTANCE and LOOT_DISTANCE eg. 100. Then if you get aggro on the way to getting in range, you will fight the aggroed mob first. And the loot you need to collect is a lot closer. You may get hit more but if you have pimped gear it shouldn't really matter.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro