Suggestion for 2 new options for createpath.lua

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Paton

Suggestion for 2 new options for createpath.lua

#1 Post by Paton » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 am

Createpath.lua is missing 2 functions, which i am used to with botting in other games.

2 useful suggestions:

1. Menu option: Delete last saved waypoint and move backwards one waypoint.
2. Menu option: Testrun the saved waypoints(before saving them to file).

This would greatly help in creating a waypoint file faster.

swietlowka

Re: Suggestion for 2 new options for createpath.lua

#2 Post by swietlowka » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:09 am

havent though of that before but it really seems like convenient way to make waypoints

MiesterMan

#3 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 am

As the biggest issue now is going to be the patch I doubt this will be looked at right away but I'll throw in my part.

They do look like useful additions so in the off chance they get added please add this one as well:
3. Menu Option: Add note to last marked waypoint. (i.e. codes or quest info as well as menu sequences, the way it is now it is incredibly trying to make accurate menu using waypoints on the first try)

beanybabe

#4 Post by beanybabe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:11 am

I dont think either of his sugestions is good. it better to save then test. Delete and back up 1 just is asking for trouble. If you go thru trouble to do that might as well overlay a window over rom and draw the waypoints so you can see them when deleting them.. to much work.

I do have sugestion that may be more usable while doing creath wp add a modifier like alt-num1 that changes the wp style created.

from
<!-- # 6 --><waypoint x="-22220" z="6239"> </waypoint>

to
player:moveTo(CWaypoint(-22220,6239), true)

Bill D Cat

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:34 am

Paton wrote:Createpath.lua is missing 2 functions, which i am used to with botting in other games.

2 useful suggestions:

1. This was already suggested by myself a while back and we decided it was just easier to add a comment with the NumPad-0 option so you could go back and delete it manually. I think Rock5 will agree with me that this won't make it into createpath at all.

2. Testing the waypoints before saving them is not a good idea, and probably not feasable. The reason is, you'd have to have the full bot functionality in the createpaths.lua file for that to work, and I really don't see that happening. Better to save the waypoints first and do a test run with the full bot. If you need to make adjustments, you can always have a second MM window up and running rom/getpos to track your current position or rom/getid if you want to check NPC or object IDs.

Bill D Cat

#6 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 am

beanybabe wrote:I dont think either of his sugestions is good. it better to save then test. Delete and back up 1 just is asking for trouble. If you go thru trouble to do that might as well overlay a window over rom and draw the waypoints so you can see them when deleting them.. to much work.

I do have sugestion that may be more usable while doing creath wp add a modifier like alt-num1 that changes the wp style created.

from

to
This idea has some merit to it. I've had to use this type of waypoint in my Elven Island series, as well as when adding connections in Rock5's userfunction_travelTo. I'll see if I can code this up this morning.

BlubBlab

#7 Post by BlubBlab » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:23 am

beanybabe wrote:I dont think either of his sugestions is good. it better to save then test. Delete and back up 1 just is asking for trouble. If you go thru trouble to do that might as well overlay a window over rom and draw the waypoints so you can see them when deleting them.. to much work.

from

to
Those modifier are already TRAVEL, RUN, NORMAL
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

BlubBlab

#8 Post by BlubBlab » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:31 am

Bill D Cat wrote:
Paton wrote:Createpath.lua is missing 2 functions, which i am used to with botting in other games.

2 useful suggestions:

1. This was already suggested by myself a while back and we decided it was just easier to add a comment with the NumPad-0 option so you could go back and delete it manually. I think Rock5 will agree with me that this won't make it into createpath at all.

2. Testing the waypoints before saving them is not a good idea, and probably not feasable. The reason is, you'd have to have the full bot functionality in the createpaths.lua file for that to work, and I really don't see that happening. Better to save the waypoints first and do a test run with the full bot. If you need to make adjustments, you can always have a second MM window up and running rom/getpos to track your current position or rom/getid if you want to check NPC or object IDs.
To 2 not really difficult again, more a question of menus and that you maybe forgot to save the file.
Since I wrote the waypointlist.class.lua for my framework resuming, editing and running pre saving should be easy, because you only need to apply those changes to a waypointlist object. You should simply take a look into the save() function of this class in my framework repro.(okay maybe we need a delete function for waypoints but I will put this to my todo list)
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

beanybabe

#9 Post by beanybabe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:11 am

Sorry I was not clear.

I just notice you make a lot of wp like this player:moveTo(CWaypoint(-22220,6239), true)
i was thinking if you just put a alt-modifier in create wp you could just hold the alt key down and press 1 to make the custom wp instead.
Then just cut and past them into what your coding.

I imagine you have made a custom version of the wp creator already to do this.

Bill D Cat

#10 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Well I couldn't figure out how to get createpath to differentiate a NUMPAD key with an ALT or CTRL key being held. So I stuck the new alternate waypoint command on the multiply key for now. Test this out and see if it does what you want.
Attachments
english.lua
Language file needed for new format
(17.68 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
createpath.lua
Added an Alternate WP format
(30.91 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:18 pm

What's the point of having both options add a waypoint and moveTo command in the one file? What I would have done is create the table as usual, that's the wplist table, using the existing options, then offer a separate saving option. So you save it as a waypoint or as an lua file. There should be enough info in the table without having to save extra values.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#12 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:27 pm

I know I would have found it useful when building the Elven Island waypoints. Having to lure that tree without dropping the target took me a while to figure out. And then having to manually convert a bunch of waypoints into moveTo() commands just took a little editing. Having both options in the createpath file just lets you switch on the fly and have both styles in one waypoint file. Selecting a save option would only give you one or the other, so you'd have to create a regular waypoint file up to the point you needed to switch to moveTo() movements. Save that, restart createpath and plot in all your moveTo()'s, and save that. Then go back to the normal waypoint style, and when finished, manually edit and merge them all together, renumber if desired... Seems like a lot of extra steps if you just want to add a few moveTo() commands in a normal waypoint file.

Now if all you wanted to create were moveTo() type waypoints, I could see the benefit to having it done the other way. But not everyone will use it like that, and I'd rather have the option to do it this way. So even if you decide not to include this version in the official distribution, I have my own copy that does things the way I want. :D

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:04 am

I guess so but it sounds like you are just choosing to use moveTos where you could have used waypoints. Just create waypoints where you would use moveTos then if you want to skip those points you can just jump over them with a __WPL:setWaypointIndex. Really the only time I use moveTo is when the path I'm going to take is variable, or dependent on item locations that move, or I'm trying to control movement within a function. Basically anywhere where I can not use waypoints.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

beanybabe

#14 Post by beanybabe » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:04 am

I noticed others using them a lot. I tried them my self for the first time on a daily wp I made all in the onload and needed a way for it to do a return path inside a if-statement those paths came in handy. It was not that hard create just a few manually.

I was just thinking with the intelligent wp ideas you were having it be handy to have that feature. Im working on wps that change what they do depending on what is in inventory and dailys status etc so char just runs around more randomly and does stuff.

beanybabe

#15 Post by beanybabe » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:17 am

Finally got to try this create path it creates the alternate path code. The * also brings up the "nemesis list", that should be easy to change in key mapping. It crashed a few times till figured out the language.lua needed to be in language folder.

This will be much easier than using the way-point converter every time. I compared the versions and wish I had your skill nice work.